Palmer's Cocoa Butter Stick

Price: $

Price: $

on 2/3/2018 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Bought it because of the great reviews but was very disappointed, it's just a layer of oil sitting on top of my lips, the more I apply the dryer my lips got. No hydration whatsoever.. Ended up using it as hand cream.

I applied this to a scar on my upper chest everyday, all day whenever it crossed my mind and my scar is completely gone. I like to microwave a piece and apply the liquid coco butter to my face and it leaves my skin super soft and it smells yummy also.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Prior this stick I only met one lip balm I was able to use. It was by Kevyn Aucoin and priced 32$+taxes.
Ones it got discontinued I was horrified. I hate buttery balms, I love the somehow dry texture and I've haven't found anything alike prior Aucoin. Dry balms stay longer on my lips, they don't get directly into my mouth and according to my personal preferences are the only ones that are pleasant to use.
When I read that some people don't like this product due to its dry texture I knew it must be good for me.
To my big surprise, I love the Cocoa Butter stick even better than Kevyn Aucoin balm. This one has a delicious cocoa scent that doesn't make me want to eat it or shall I say lick my lips constantly, but boots up my mood. I love how giant and wide the stick is while being mess free and easy to use.
Highly recommend, awesome product!

on 12/21/2017 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

I read a lot of good reviews on this product here on MUA, which is what made me go buy it. However, as a lip product I was disappointed as it was my intent for use. I live in Canada, and in the winter the air gets really dry. Although it seems like it probably moisturizes my lip well the application of the product itself is pretty rough on my lips. It never feels like it lasts too long, and I didn't see any visible difference in hydration after a few weeks of use. I like it to throw in my purse because of its size and multi- purpose and am using the remainder of the product to rub on my hands or elbows when I'm on the go. I can't say if I would repurchase, probably not I feel like I could find other product's to replace this.

I found this on Amazon for less than $4 and needed to try it. Just in time for harsh Wisconsin winters. I think it's even more moisturizing than my go to, Glossier Balm Dotcom. The texture is thin, not sticky or waxy. But it's so good at healing my dry, cracking lips. They don't feel dehydrated after this wears off either. The scent is like really sweet milk chocolate but it isn't strong. I just want to rub it all over my face it smells and feels so good! I put it on my hands, nose and around my mouth where my skin is driest too. I'd recommend this to anyone and everyone.

on 5/1/2017 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Have used this for years. I buy multiples and use for chapped lips.

Amazing product for lips! This is the only thing I use on my lips. Nothing else softens and helps chapped lips like this. All the other chapsticks out there are super waxy, I feel like all they are made of is wax. I'm baffeled that other companies don't take a note from this product & make them soft and ditch the waxyness.
The formula is super soft yet thick enough to use as a chapstick, it glides on beautifully, and lasts a while, yet absorbs nicely. Makes my lips super soft, smoothes the appearance, hydrates like crazy, and prevents/erases chapped, dry, cracked lips.
The smell is great and it tastes good. I love that it's nice and thick & round, most chapstick are too small for lips, not many out there are big like this. The price is fair for the amount.

on 1/14/2017 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've repurchased this several times. I think it's one of those things that's even improved over time. Initially when I tried it like 10 years ago, I don't remember it being as moisturizing as it is now. I used RoC Enydrial for years until it went downhill and went back to this. (Was it my imagination that RoC Enydrial got more waxy and this got less waxy?) Now it's my "go to" and I've got a few sprinkled around the house. Smells awesome, moisturizes well and works under lipstick (makes them more sheer and glossy, which I love under 'nude' type lipsticks), lasts forever because of the large size and only costs around $2.69 if you buy them from Vitacost. The only downside is the size if you want to keep one in your pocket but I can deal and it doesn't take away from the love. For the record, I've also tried the Chocolate Mint balm in the squeeze tube. Smells amazing but it's much more 'shlippy' and oily feeling. Fine if you're just popping into bed but would not work under lipstick, that's for sure. The Palmer's Swivel Stick also lasts longer on my lips that other balms. Heals the 'chaps' and makes my lips so smooth. :)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

My holy grail lip balm for years now! I am completely obsessed with this swivel stick. I use it every single day when my lips are feeling a little dry or when I feel like pampering them a little bit. I even use it as is to finish off my simple makeup look. I get so many compliments asking what lipstick I'm wearing! Surprise! I don't wear lipstick! I have to give credit to this natural lip balm for giving my lips the lively natural color that they have. I even got my fiancée hooked on it! He can't go without. I apply after the shower, and my lips are soft for the whole day. I also apply after washing my face and before bed. I love the size of the stick because they last forever! I keep on in my purse and one in my makeup organizer! I ordered 5 online because I'm noticing stores are beginning to discontinue carrying them...noooooo! If you want soft, healthy and beautiful lips, use this! You won't be sorry.

on 12/24/2016 7:40:00 AM

This is the best on-the-go lip balm I have ever tried. It moisturizes really well without being obnoxiously greasy. I love the cocoa chocolatey smell, it`s so soothing on my lips and on my senses to apply this. I love the fact that it`s a multi-tasking product: I also use it for patches of dry skin on my face (like around my eyebrows) before applying foundation. I love this so much more than those Nuxe stick lip balms which are overpriced and perform well in warm weather, but do nothing for me in winter. Will repurchase this as long as they make it.

Popular Lip Treatments