Palmer's Cocoa Butter Stick

Price: $

Price: $

on 1/14/2017 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've repurchased this several times. I think it's one of those things that's even improved over time. Initially when I tried it like 10 years ago, I don't remember it being as moisturizing as it is now. I used RoC Enydrial for years until it went downhill and went back to this. (Was it my imagination that RoC Enydrial got more waxy and this got less waxy?) Now it's my "go to" and I've got a few sprinkled around the house. Smells awesome, moisturizes well and works under lipstick (makes them more sheer and glossy, which I love under 'nude' type lipsticks), lasts forever because of the large size and only costs around $2.69 if you buy them from Vitacost. The only downside is the size if you want to keep one in your pocket but I can deal and it doesn't take away from the love. For the record, I've also tried the Chocolate Mint balm in the squeeze tube. Smells amazing but it's much more 'shlippy' and oily feeling. Fine if you're just popping into bed but would not work under lipstick, that's for sure. The Palmer's Swivel Stick also lasts longer on my lips that other balms. Heals the 'chaps' and makes my lips so smooth. :)

on 1/4/2014 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This stick is absolutely fantastic.
I notice a lot of reviews rave about the product's primary use as a lip balm- which is true, since it does a great job moisturizing my chapped lips without being overly sticky or waxy. But the product is also fairly multi-purpose.

Some other things I've used my stick for:
-Softening cuticles
-Moisturizing dry patches around the facial area (particularly in the harsh winter we're currently experiencing up here)
-Removing dried-up make-up around the eye area (great at erasing mascara residue)

The packaging is super portable. Well worth the money.

on 10/29/2013 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is the best lip balm ever! This is yet another beloved product that I've been so grateful to have discovered. I bought on a whim at an outlet store in a three pack. My husband and I use this for chapped lips only. It has a light sent and is not glossy at all which I like for balm. Lips just look and feel hydrated and healthy. I'll never use anything else to treat dry lips besides this; every other balm before this went in the trash. So many good reviews; everyone has to try this!! It WORKS. One of my few HG products.

on 10/18/2013 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I had not even heard of this before stumbling on it here lol. I went out got a stick to try and wow...I am in LOVE. I grabbed 2 more right away for my purse and bedside. This stuff is my HG lipbalm now. The price is so ridiculous for the amount of balm! I paid $1.99 for one of mine and the other two I found for $2.99.
Its a HUGE chubby stick and should last for a good while. I started using it on my cheeks with my face moisturizer because I had some issues with very dry and irritated patches a week ago and it healed them super fast. No breakouts either. I LOVE this stuff. I seriously won't be bothering with any other balms, even EOS, I tried it and its good, but this stuff blows it out of the water.

on 9/16/2013 12:29:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I ended up buying this because of all the positive reviews on here. I was so excited to try it and hunted it down in Superstore. It smells nice (like vanilla ice cream as some have said) and it is smooth going on my lips. I didn't mind the bigger tube vs other chapsticks because it was easy to find in my bag. However, the bad thing is that the top part of the balm broke off somehow (nooo) and now it looks really gross and I can't use it evenly on my lips. Taste nice and feels nice, but doesn't seem to be super moisturizing. The "soft lips" effect wears off quickly. I won't repurchase simply because I don't use it often enough. I prefer cocoa butter Vaseline!

on 4/6/2013 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

First thing I noticed about this was the interestingly convenient packaging that it was in; almost like a lip balm but thicker. (Although it looks like you can still use it for your lips according tot he label. ^ ^)

The second thing that I noticed was that it could help with the dark marks and blemishes of the face, which sounded great considering I had a lot of acne scars left behind.

And the third thing that took me by surprise was it's price. It was such a bargain of an item that I couldn't resist testing it out for myself. I bought this about the same time as my Derma E moisturizer, and used the two combined as part of my daily facial regiment.

What a difference they made for me. After a year of using this twice a day, a lot of the scars that would have taken years to disappear were gone. I hadn't even realized how evident that was until my aunt asked me why my face looked so nice and clear.

When you get that kind of a compliment from someone you KNOW it's worth it. I think I got two extra ones after the first one ran out because it's so wonderfully cheap. And because of the great packaging you really can take this anywhere.

It just goes to show you that great things really do come in small packages.

TIP: Try not to go crazy and smear it all over your face. Just rub the balm in the areas where the dark scars are most obvious and massage it after.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Let me start off by saying that I am a lip balm junkie. I buy a few a month normally and I always feel that at first they work well but as time goes on they do not perform as well and usually leave my lips very dry even after constantly reapplying. Recently I had an allergic reaction to a medication I was prescribed causing blisters to form on my lips and after they went away they were sooo dry and remained drier than usual. I tried so many lip balms during the past few months and nothing seemed to work...that is until I found this product which is now my HG lip balm and I am almost tempted to throw away every other lip balm I own. It's that good! I am so glad I decided to come on here and read all of the positive reviews about it because if I never did I probably would have never thought about buying this. Immediately after buying this I opened it and put it on my lips right away. It just glided right on my lips and left them already feeling so much smoother and softer. The smell is to die for and smells like an ice cream shop/chocolate and marshmallows but it fades after being on the lips for a short time which isn't a bad thing in my opinion and it has no taste which is another plus so if I am eating or drinking something while this is on it doesn't change the flavor. I love how when I wake up after applying this the night before my lips are so soft and smooth and they even have the lip balm still on them which I find amazing. I find myself wanting to put this on all the time but for once it's not because my lips are drying out it's just because of the smell and how it feels on my lips. I love this so much that I actually bought a second tube today for my face if I ever have any dry spots or blemishes and whatever else I may need it for. If you haven't tried this you definitely should go out and get it asap! You won't be sorry :)

on 3/3/2012 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I prefer this much better than the actual lip balm Palmers. This is an oversized stick but it goes on without any irritation. Where as when I use the Palmers lip balm with SPF, I get a tinge of irritation. Also, if you love Palmers stuff, try the chocolate peppermint lip balm (vaseline like)...it is YUMMY.

on 2/19/2012 8:12:00 PM

When I first bought this, I wasn't sold. It's a heavy duty moisturizer, and it felt greasy to me at first. However, I've come to absolutely love it. I use it morning, night, and now all day long. It leaves my lips feeling and looking super smooth with a little bit of a flattering sheen. It's cheap and you get a ton in a tube. If you want healthy, soft lips that are always super moisturized, then this balm should be your product of choice.

Have to write a review on this product now that I am using it for the last month. I used to use chapstick peppermint or strawberry religiously..but I noticed that I had to constantly reapply. I read somewhere mostly likely here that lips stop creating their own moisture because of beewax. This product solves this. I apply maybe two or three times a day and my lip feel hydrated and soft. It smells like a vanilla latte or something. Love it. The packaging could be prettier though but I will still repurchase.