Palmer's Cocoa Butter Stick

Price: $

Price: $

on 12/7/2015 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I like this a lot. I don't like to have my hands completely covered in lotion during the day, so it's nice to just pick spots to cover. I like how multi tasking it is. I usually don't find lotions to be greasy when most would, but this is wayyy greasy. I am at a keyboard all day at work though so not really a problem. I have gotten to really test it when my Eucerin dried out my skin (see my review) and the past two days I went from alligator bright red skin to I would say 85% normal at least. My hands DoD sting, but not that badly, if that's an issue for you. I personally don't mind it. the cocoa sent also is nice. Reminds me of baking cake or cookies, lol. I like the diameter of the stick. Easy to cover, but not huge, very portable in just a pocket. I'm curious why there's really nothing else on the market like this that I've seen.

on 10/29/2013 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is the best lip balm ever! This is yet another beloved product that I've been so grateful to have discovered. I bought on a whim at an outlet store in a three pack. My husband and I use this for chapped lips only. It has a light sent and is not glossy at all which I like for balm. Lips just look and feel hydrated and healthy. I'll never use anything else to treat dry lips besides this; every other balm before this went in the trash. So many good reviews; everyone has to try this!! It WORKS. One of my few HG products.

on 12/11/2012 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been using this product for almost 10 years and I have never found a chapstick that even comes close! I always makes my lips feel super smooth, and relieved them when they are chapped in the winter! It even leaves a glossy shine so it looks like I'm wearing a gloss (without being sticky). Sometimes if I have an extra dry patch of skin on my face this stick is great for that too!

Best. Lip balm. Ever.

I love this stuff! It goes on so smoothly, and it is so quickly absorbed into my lips. I have used all the drugstore lip balms/chapsticks out there (soft lips, Nivea, Carmex, Blistex, Chapstick, Burt's Bees, etc.), and none have kept my lips so hydrated. I love the cocoa butter smell. It's so affordable, like only $2.50 per tube, and you get sooo much product for your investment! This thing is the size of a glue stick, which is a bit awkward, but I still love this stuff! This is my HG lip balm. I may change my mind if I ever decide to shell out the $23 for Fresh Sugar lip balm, but until then, this stuff is IT!

on 3/3/2012 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I prefer this much better than the actual lip balm Palmers. This is an oversized stick but it goes on without any irritation. Where as when I use the Palmers lip balm with SPF, I get a tinge of irritation. Also, if you love Palmers stuff, try the chocolate peppermint lip balm (vaseline like)...it is YUMMY.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is one of the few chapsticks I will let touch my lips. It keeps my lips moisturized for a long time and has a mild (pleasant) smell.
I've finished a number of tubes in the past few years and have repurchased every time.

on 1/11/2012 3:47:00 PM

I keep one of these everywhere: in my bag, on my desk, on my nightstand. I use it on my lips, on scars, and on my face when it needs a little moisture (my colleagues joke that I'm rubbing a glue stick all over my face). It's basically the same as the jar of Palmer's cocoa butter, but in a convenient form of a stick. I still need the jar to do my nightly slather before bed, but this stick goes everywhere with me.

on 9/16/2011 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This dried every bit of skin on my lips after 3 hours. This feels like a failed copy of Badger's organic cocoa butter lipbalms. I love those ones and they are a staple for me and my BF. IMO, the formulation of this is much sub-par compared to the smooth formulation of Badger's.

on 3/16/2011 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Update 1/5/12,
Still love this! This summer I got a massive tub of Palmer Cocoa Butter (I find it works well over just applied dark self tanners, to help them blend and not make me look dipped haphazardly in paint!) but still missed this stick despite having all that product. As I state in the review below, the tub variety is simply not the same. The formulation in stick is so lovely on lips, so comforting, soothing and healing. Try it!

I've used this forever and took for granted that I must have reviewed it at some point. First point, this is not the same as the smaller, but very similar looking, lip balm from the brand, nor is it even the same as the little tubs in trial size (though they are closest, they're creamier). I make the distinctions because this is the one to try, at least first. Here's why, for me this is a first rate lip moisturizer. It's also a great multi use product, great for traveling because its good for cuticles, skin anywhere, especially heels, elbows, even mild enough for facial use. If you forgot a product and need something to smooth some frizz, rub on your palms.

But as a lip product this is fantastic. I have a medical condition causing my moisture glands to die off. Many have dry skin/lips, I know dryness in a way most cannot. Its not a contest I want to win, but it does make me feel qualified to say what works for dry/sensitive, reactive skin since I've dealt with this for 15 years now. For those reasons I like a lip balm that is very moisturizing, long lasting (through the night is helpful for me), beneficial to my lips, the smell/taste if any, must be more than tolerable. This fits the bill in many ways, I love the diameter, I find very thin products like Burt's Bees Lip Shimmers and Soft lips, nice, but too thin in diameter, and though I have avg sized lips, they're too thin for me to get good coverage in one swipe. This feels great on, smooth, soft, yet the stick will last ages and ages, despite swiping it on often. The scent is the usual one for the brand but not as sweet. I love their scent but realize some find it cloying. I find it most natural of the ones in their brand I've tried.

I love this so for using at home, but need a lip balm with spf to wear under my l/g, and was thrilled when I saw the same packaging in a mini but with spf. I could not use it, somehow that stung my lips, tried it over and over thinking it was something else, sadly, no. Could just be me and my reactive skin. I also tried (ran to try!) the other version with a chocolately mint scent, but it neither smelled nor tasted right, though I have to believe I possibly got an old, rancid one as it was so off from others descriptions.

Its a great idea to have two of these which I do, one exclusively for your lips, and one for use elsewhere. This heals my lips when they have gotten chapped (from wind, sun or cold, exposure), and also very healing for the corners of my mouth which crack from time to time. A few days use on cuticles and they look much better too.

Very few products, especially for lips (and given my condition imagine how many lip balms I go through?!) that I use right to the end, I mean struggling to get the last bits out of the packaging cause I didn't have a back up! These I've used till not a drop is left. This is a cheap, and very useful, thrill, try it.

on 2/2/2011 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I have been using this for a long time, after a friend introduced me to it.
I am in love with the smell and the formula. Keeps my lips super soft and moisturized. Price is great, and lasts a long time! I have tried other balms and always find myself going back to this one.