Palmer's Cocoa Butter Stick

Price: $

on 12/21/2017 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

I read a lot of good reviews on this product here on MUA, which is what made me go buy it. However, as a lip product I was disappointed as it was my intent for use. I live in Canada, and in the winter the air gets really dry. Although it seems like it probably moisturizes my lip well the application of the product itself is pretty rough on my lips. It never feels like it lasts too long, and I didn't see any visible difference in hydration after a few weeks of use. I like it to throw in my purse because of its size and multi- purpose and am using the remainder of the product to rub on my hands or elbows when I'm on the go. I can't say if I would repurchase, probably not I feel like I could find other product's to replace this.

on 8/28/2015 12:20:00 PM

I absolutely love this lip balm. My eye area and neck are very sensitive. When the weather changes, I always feel dry and itchy and whatever product I use, it always burns on my neck( even La Roche Posay B5). I found this helpful to reduce the redness and itchiness. But when I use it as daily lip stick, it takes a long time to absorb.

on 2/19/2012 8:12:00 PM

When I first bought this, I wasn't sold. It's a heavy duty moisturizer, and it felt greasy to me at first. However, I've come to absolutely love it. I use it morning, night, and now all day long. It leaves my lips feeling and looking super smooth with a little bit of a flattering sheen. It's cheap and you get a ton in a tube. If you want healthy, soft lips that are always super moisturized, then this balm should be your product of choice.

on 2/11/2012 12:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I like this a lot. You get a lot of product for only $2 and its quite moisturizing. Its a bit slippery and more waxy than i'm used to but its still sinks in well enough. I like the light cocao scent/taste.

Tip: for those who are self conscious about the glue stick pkg. Cut off a chunk with a clean knife. Put chunk into a silver spoon. Hold high above a candle flame until it slowly melts. The slower the melt the better results you'll get when it re-solidifies. Poor melted product into a clean/sanitized lip balm pot or "free sample" jar. Let it re-solidify at room temperature. As long as you don't mind sticking your fingers into the jar, you've got your fav low budget lip balm in a classier pkg!

on 9/24/2011 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love, love, love this product! It's my HG lip balm; the only moisturizer that protects against New England winters. I keep a stick in every coat pocket and handbag. A little more expensive than your stadard chapstick, but absolutely worth the price!

on 3/27/2011 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is my HG lip balm! It's so moisturizing and smells great, like vanilla :) It's huge, so even for a lip balm addict like me, it lasts a very long time. I'll repurchase this as long as they make it!!

on 2/17/2011 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

If you want soft lips, elbows, knees etc. then I highly recommend you try this product!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

First off, this stuff smells SO GOOD! I've been opening it every few minutes just to smell it. I just got it yesterday, but have already applied it an unaccountable amount of times - not because i need to, but because its just so smooth and yummy smelling that i can't help but do so! Thankfully, it has no taste. Even though I've only had it for 2 days, i can tell already that it is extremely moisturizing. It is a bit sticky in my opinion, but then again i usually dont wear anything at all on my lips. Or it could just be that i cant stop reapplying it, its HEAVENLY!

I have a problem biting my lips, and with the weather as it's been, my lips are in terrible shape. I've been using this for about a week or two and I certainly notice a difference. I'm not helping the process much since it's a terrible habit to break, but this stick is definitely the best of all the lip products I've tried. I'll keep buying it. I also love how huge it is. No reason, just love it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I much prefer Aquaphor over this. I started Accutane a few weeks ago, so my lips have started to get SUPER dry/peely and this didn't feel like it was doing much (I'd end up putting Aquaphor on my lips a few minutes later). The worse part is that it clogged pores and caused blackheads around/under my lips. I'll have to try this on areas that are not cloggable, like my feet.

Top Rated Lip Treatments