Palmer's Cocoa Butter Stick

Price: $

on 11/24/2014 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is a pretty good lip balm. My lips are sensitive, and many balms make my lips itchy, burn, or dry out. That never happens with the swivel stick. It also creates a smooth base under lipstick. I believe it leaves lasting improvement to skin, but not lasting lubrication. It needs reapplication pretty quickly. I dislike the shape of the tube (too big) but I know it's not soley meant for lips. Overall, it is good.

Love this little miracle so much! I mainly use it as a lip balm and dry patch moisturiser for my face. Smells like vanilla with a hint of chocolate. The thing I love the most is the texture. It's quite hard, non oily, a bit waxy and stays for ages. Really moisturises well. Improves texture of the skin! And compared to other lip balms you get a really big amount of the product.

on 1/4/2014 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This stick is absolutely fantastic.
I notice a lot of reviews rave about the product's primary use as a lip balm- which is true, since it does a great job moisturizing my chapped lips without being overly sticky or waxy. But the product is also fairly multi-purpose.

Some other things I've used my stick for:
-Softening cuticles
-Moisturizing dry patches around the facial area (particularly in the harsh winter we're currently experiencing up here)
-Removing dried-up make-up around the eye area (great at erasing mascara residue)

The packaging is super portable. Well worth the money.

on 10/18/2013 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I had not even heard of this before stumbling on it here lol. I went out got a stick to try and wow...I am in LOVE. I grabbed 2 more right away for my purse and bedside. This stuff is my HG lipbalm now. The price is so ridiculous for the amount of balm! I paid $1.99 for one of mine and the other two I found for $2.99.
Its a HUGE chubby stick and should last for a good while. I started using it on my cheeks with my face moisturizer because I had some issues with very dry and irritated patches a week ago and it healed them super fast. No breakouts either. I LOVE this stuff. I seriously won't be bothering with any other balms, even EOS, I tried it and its good, but this stuff blows it out of the water.

on 7/31/2013 5:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

Love this stuff. Everything I wanted the Weleda lip balm to be, but wasn't. Incredibly simple lip balm that keeps my lips moisturised without any overwhelming scents or silly flavours. Packaging is beyond plain, but the amount of product is fabulous. I have one on my bedside table, but I'm already planning to buy a few more to salt around in my handbags and downstairs bathroom.

got it as a freebee over my palmers cocoa butter formula
I love it . really moisturize my lips , feels so sofit & it has the yummy
white chocolate smell

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

This smells and tastes absolutely lovely, It reminds me of chocolate.
The best thing about it though is that it actually works! Though not amazing, most lip balms I buy work for a few weeks and then just leave my lips back to the chapped state they were, so this one is the one I reach for most often. It is quite thick and waxy in texture and does to some extent, moisturise your lips but it doesnt last long at all, which is a let down.
I paid 1.50-ish for a tube which is quite good I suppose as it lasts quite long but the reason 1 lippie is taken off is because of the packaging, its dreadfu! I mean, what lip balm has the twist-up thing at the top instead of the bottom? This one. And then when I used it for the second time, some of the lip balm broke off when I was putting the lid back on! So half of the lip balm is stuck in the top of the lid:(
Overall, I probably would purchase again, though im still on the look out for a HG lip balm.

I'm not posting this to bash on the product at all, but more as a warning to those who might be likely to have allergic reactions. I had a *terrible* reaction to this lip balm. I literally had blistered sores on my lips for days after I started using it. I'm not sure what it was, but I'm guessing it might have been the fragrance.

The balm itself was ok enough, but if you are at all prone to allergic reactions, you might be better off avoiding this one.

I don't care for this as a lip treatment but I use it to spot treat dry patches. I really like applying this to my elbows and heels. My elbows are pretty much like sandpaper, I've tried various body lotions and moisturizers and none have made a difference. Within one application of this my elbows felt much smoother. The tube makes it easy to spot treat on the go. I imagine this would be a bit awkward to place on your lips as the stick is so large, it's about the size of a gluestick.

This works great, smells great and is super cheap. I'll definitely repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

When I first saw a girl using it, I thought she was using a glue stick on her lips <.< Since then, I've used up 2 tubes already. It keeps my lips moisturized throughout the night and doesn't have the waxy, sticky feeling of other brands. Definitely one product I'll rebuy over and over