Palmer's Cocoa Butter Stick

Filtered by skin type : Other
Palmer's Cocoa Butter Stick

4.5

on 4/28/2012 11:33:00 AM

This product was only so-so for me. It does a very good job of masking chapped lips when they are dry but it doesn't seem to have any lasting effects for lip health, which I would expect in a product. This is alright when it is on your lips but it doesn't last very long and the long-term effects aren't noticeable to me. I don't think I'll be repurchasing this for awhile.

Amazing!!!! Thank you ladies!!!

on 1/7/2011 8:37:00 PM

It's a decent product (quantity-wise especially). For some reason the dimethicone on the ingredients list isn't printed on the tube itself, but it's included only on the back of the ingredients list on the paper package it comes packed in (how convenient since that's what people throw out/never read again while the label on the tube is what you keep!).

I've added the dimethicone to the ingredient list here because it's deceptive to leave that ingredient out, especially because many people avoid products with it.

Moving on; I found the balm waxy on my lips. It's decent but I prefer my lip balms less waxy. The fragrance does seem a lot closer to that of real vanilla than the artificial scents that are more common (e.g. Bonne Bell Vanilla lip smacker).

Verdict: The quantity is a plus. The quality, not so much. To rescue severely chapped lips, I prefer Nivea essential/Vaseline/Bonne Bell to this. If I bought this again, it would be solely as a novelty product/using something different on my lips rather than for function.

on 10/7/2009 11:21:00 AM

Oh man, this is the best lip balm in the world. I have previously sworn by Kiehls Original Formula, Karite' Shea Butter, Smith's Rosebud Salve and Mad Gab's (this one is as good but more expensive and you have to use your finger- ew). It is cheap, the container and size make it simple to apply, it leaves a thin moisturizing layer that won't mess up your lipstick. I never used to use a balm under ls or gloss because they would slide off or make that nasty line of goo where your lips touch. This product actually prevents this problem. Some balms make my lips peel like crazy and this prevents that as well. The ingredients are natural, it smells like cocoa yet has no taste. (yay!) The amount you get lasts forever. It can be found at any drug store. I used to make my own balm of cocoa butter for me and my bike messenger friends and this is just like it! The multiple uses are a plus. You can use it on your hair, hands, elbows... anywhere you need moisture. Throw it in your makeup stash and you are good to go! continued >>

WOW I love this product! I've been searching so long for the perfect lip balm and I've finally found it! After reading the reviews on here, I decided to give it a try, and I was not disappointed. I've tried so many brands out there, and as much as Blistex worked, I hated their medicated smells. YUCK! I love the smell of the swivel stick, it does smell like white chocolate :) yum! i also love the texture. I let my boyfriend try it and he made me get him one too. hehe. It does look like a glue stick, but it doesn't bother me. One thing i do wish though is for it to be not this thick. I have full lips, but even this is way too big for it. lol Even if the size was cut in half it'd be much better! I use it at night too, and i wake up to nicely moisturized lips. Overall, I love this and definitely will purchase again!

EDIT: After using it for 2 weeks, it definitely is still the best lip balm i've ever used. I recommended it to another friend (who has also tried many lip balms), and she loves it too! we use it every day! =)

Excellent lipbalm! I got this as a free gift when buying the cocoa body butter in Boots, and I am amazed that its so moisturising. It smells divine and keeps my lips supple and moisturised all day long. Its not sticky nor glossy and there's no taste to it, which ticks all my boxes! Only downside to it is that mine broke after using 1.5cm of it, the lipbalm just crumbled into pieces but I've managed to melt it into another pot so I dont waste the rest of it, which is such a loooong stick! If its still GWP in Boots, please go try it! Highly rec and will def repurchase!

on 7/17/2007 11:48:00 AM

I love this product! I always have 1 in my purse for my lips. By my bed I have 2, 1 for the lips and 1 for misc spots on body (feet, knees, cuticles, elbows, etc). This stuff is amazing, its great for everything, and clean with the stick application. BTW, I also have like 3 others floating around (work, purses, etc). Everyone needs one!

Wow... I have pretty thick lips which can look nice, but they become victim to melbourne weather - espcially really windy days... I often get rashes on my lips due to dryness and irritation. To anyone else with a similiar situation, this has not aggravated my lips at all... When I bought the tube, it wasn't as big as I had imagined it to be... I was thinking of those huge gluesticks from the descriptions here! Upon first application it felt soft and silky... definitely feels lighter than vaseline which I have been using up to now. It doesn't leave much shine... hardly any at all, but I think it would be very comfortable to use under a gloss. I've tried endless balms... from the cheap ones like nivea to the more pricey ones like the clinique superbalms, and I find this simple one does the trick. Feels lovely and is moisturising... I wasn't too fond of the smell when I first tried it, but now it has grown on me, and I can't stop opening the tube to smell that lovely white chocolate scent... lovely! Will update when I use it under a lippy, but by itself it's really quite nice - I strongly recommend it as it's quite cheap for such alot of product (unlike many other brands of balm!!) ... Btw, I got it at price attack for $5.95AUD...

Edit: It doesn't feel as nice and slippery as the old vaseline. In fact my lips are feeling quite dry with it on which makes me wonder what the purpose of putting it on was for... *sigh*. It still smells heavenly though.

For about $2 what on earth is not to like about this stuff? Even if I paid a lot more and this was called some fancy balm I would be as thrilled as I am right now. It smells like chocolate in a good way and keeps my lips free from being chapped. My BF even stole mine and raves about it too. His lips are usually chapped all winter but this stuff has kept them smooth and soft. It's not at all waxy feeling and really works. Excellent product.

on 7/10/2006 2:54:00 PM

This is really the best overall lip product I've found. I also use it as a cuticle or dry skin cream in a pinch. The price is right and it does the trick.