Palmer's Cocoa Butter Stick

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

on 12/24/2016 7:40:00 AM

This is the best on-the-go lip balm I have ever tried. It moisturizes really well without being obnoxiously greasy. I love the cocoa chocolatey smell, it`s so soothing on my lips and on my senses to apply this. I love the fact that it`s a multi-tasking product: I also use it for patches of dry skin on my face (like around my eyebrows) before applying foundation. I love this so much more than those Nuxe stick lip balms which are overpriced and perform well in warm weather, but do nothing for me in winter. Will repurchase this as long as they make it.

For such a high rating I was expecting more....this balm never felt moisturizing enough to me..like it never really sank in...more of just surface moisture and once that was gone you needed to reapply. Also my stick is an odd shape which I found really annoying.

on 4/12/2016 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Lemme start by saying I have six of these, somewhere in my house or in my pocket or my bag. It's great for lips, but not just for lips. I use it for my dry under-eyes.

on 12/7/2015 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I like this a lot. I don't like to have my hands completely covered in lotion during the day, so it's nice to just pick spots to cover. I like how multi tasking it is. I usually don't find lotions to be greasy when most would, but this is wayyy greasy. I am at a keyboard all day at work though so not really a problem. I have gotten to really test it when my Eucerin dried out my skin (see my review) and the past two days I went from alligator bright red skin to I would say 85% normal at least. My hands DoD sting, but not that badly, if that's an issue for you. I personally don't mind it. the cocoa sent also is nice. Reminds me of baking cake or cookies, lol. I like the diameter of the stick. Easy to cover, but not huge, very portable in just a pocket. I'm curious why there's really nothing else on the market like this that I've seen.

on 11/24/2014 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is a pretty good lip balm. My lips are sensitive, and many balms make my lips itchy, burn, or dry out. That never happens with the swivel stick. It also creates a smooth base under lipstick. I believe it leaves lasting improvement to skin, but not lasting lubrication. It needs reapplication pretty quickly. I dislike the shape of the tube (too big) but I know it's not soley meant for lips. Overall, it is good.

on 1/4/2014 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This stick is absolutely fantastic.
I notice a lot of reviews rave about the product's primary use as a lip balm- which is true, since it does a great job moisturizing my chapped lips without being overly sticky or waxy. But the product is also fairly multi-purpose.

Some other things I've used my stick for:
-Softening cuticles
-Moisturizing dry patches around the facial area (particularly in the harsh winter we're currently experiencing up here)
-Removing dried-up make-up around the eye area (great at erasing mascara residue)

The packaging is super portable. Well worth the money.

on 9/16/2013 4:29:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

My HG lip balm. I hoard them and have them scattered throughout my house, car, and various handbags. I'm a lip balm enthusiast, but have only found a couple of balms in this realm. I love the scent, it applies well and is long-lasting, and the value is unbeatable.

on 9/16/2013 12:29:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I ended up buying this because of all the positive reviews on here. I was so excited to try it and hunted it down in Superstore. It smells nice (like vanilla ice cream as some have said) and it is smooth going on my lips. I didn't mind the bigger tube vs other chapsticks because it was easy to find in my bag. However, the bad thing is that the top part of the balm broke off somehow (nooo) and now it looks really gross and I can't use it evenly on my lips. Taste nice and feels nice, but doesn't seem to be super moisturizing. The "soft lips" effect wears off quickly. I won't repurchase simply because I don't use it often enough. I prefer cocoa butter Vaseline!

on 5/17/2013 2:49:00 PM

Basically the best lip balm for your money. I called this my giant glue stick. Some might not like how it's so bulky but I personally love that because it also makes application easier. I've tried many lip balms product in the past. This includes Burt's Bees, EOS, Chapstick, Aveeno, Nivea, Ocean Potion, etc. and I gotta this one does the best job a moisturizing and it stays on the longest. I have stubborn, chronically dry lips so this is saying a lot. Though I admit this could have something to do with its price. Since it's so cheap, I'm not hesitated to put it on whenever my lips are not moisturized.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I heard good things about this product, so I thought I'd give it a try. I got the one with SPF 30. I didn't buy it to use as a lip balm as much as to use to put on the dry patches I get on my hands, around my nose, and around my mouth in the winter. I apply it to those places by putting it on my finger first. But because of how hard it is, I feel like I'm not really getting much. It's nice as a lip balm though. It doesn't add a lot of shine, so both men and women can use it. And because of this, it would be nice to use under a lip stick.