Palmer's Cocoa Butter Stick

Filtered by skin tone : Other
Palmer's Cocoa Butter Stick

4.6

All the positive reviews are true! I feel like I should just throw away all my other lip balms (except for maybe my Lypsyl), because this really is the most emollient. Thanks to MUA reviewers for helping me find my HG lip balm! No more cracked, chapped, pealing lips for me!

on 2/9/2011 8:55:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I started using this after seeing all the positive reviews for it, and it's great for the winter. My lips got really dry and chapped this winter, and they hurt a lot. I tried a number of treatments- Neosporin lip health, blistex medicated, burt's bees, carmex, vaseline and more but this was the only thing that actually worked for me. I've used it for about a week now, and my lips are back to normal after almost a month of torture.
I thought it would be gooey and sticky, it goes on evenly and does not leave a greasy shine, which is how I like it. It feels very light on my skin. A thin layer lasts me hours and I don't have to keep reapplying it. I've used it a couple times on my nose when I've been outdoors (it's really windy where I live and my skin gets dry and chapped) and I haven't broken out, so that's another benefit.
The stick is huge and it is a little hard to apply around the corners of the mouth, so I have to use my fingers to massage it in. It doesn't leave greasy residue, though, so I don't mind.

on 1/7/2011 8:37:00 PM

It's a decent product (quantity-wise especially). For some reason the dimethicone on the ingredients list isn't printed on the tube itself, but it's included only on the back of the ingredients list on the paper package it comes packed in (how convenient since that's what people throw out/never read again while the label on the tube is what you keep!).

I've added the dimethicone to the ingredient list here because it's deceptive to leave that ingredient out, especially because many people avoid products with it.

Moving on; I found the balm waxy on my lips. It's decent but I prefer my lip balms less waxy. The fragrance does seem a lot closer to that of real vanilla than the artificial scents that are more common (e.g. Bonne Bell Vanilla lip smacker).

Verdict: The quantity is a plus. The quality, not so much. To rescue severely chapped lips, I prefer Nivea essential/Vaseline/Bonne Bell to this. If I bought this again, it would be solely as a novelty product/using something different on my lips rather than for function.

on 12/1/2008 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I am reviewing this item as a cuticle treatment only. Adore this stuff when putting this on my cuticles, really moisturizes them; however, only thing comparing this to is the sally hansen vit E cuticle oil and evoo.

Excellent lipbalm! I got this as a free gift when buying the cocoa body butter in Boots, and I am amazed that its so moisturising. It smells divine and keeps my lips supple and moisturised all day long. Its not sticky nor glossy and there's no taste to it, which ticks all my boxes! Only downside to it is that mine broke after using 1.5cm of it, the lipbalm just crumbled into pieces but I've managed to melt it into another pot so I dont waste the rest of it, which is such a loooong stick! If its still GWP in Boots, please go try it! Highly rec and will def repurchase!

I have repurchased this item many, many times. I have quite full lips so I like that the circumference of the tube is large. I have tried Softlips and hated how small the tubes were because it would take so long to cover my lips thoroughly. But with the Cocoa Butter stick I only have to go around about 5 times to get a nice coverage. It does not make a white ring on my lips after a long wear and it will last around 4 hours or until I eat. I'm weird and like to wipe everything off my lips before I eat, but I think it would last pretty well through meals as well. And one more thing, my FI hates chapstick of any kind and this is his favorite one when I have it on my lips! hehe

I have to say that I am one of the rare people who hates this product although I do love the body moisturiser version. I am allergic to one of the ingredients in the lipbalm and my lips started swelling up and burning like crazy almost immediately upon application. It took a few hours for the swelling to go down.

Scared the crap out of me when it happened. I have never had problems with lipbalms before.

None of my girl friends have this problem though and they love the stuff. One of them has given up Vaseline in favour of this.

Me? I think I'll stick to Vaseline in the meantime.

on 5/9/2007 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

i love this, i just got it yesterday, cas of the reviews on here, i must say i was skeptical at first, i thought it was going to be a regular lip balm, nothing special, but the way it glides on lip, oh my, its great! so good, im gonna stock up..

on 2/6/2007 5:34:00 PM

Love this for my lips. I use it every night before bed and wake up to soft moisturized lips. What else can I say...YAY!

on 1/23/2007 11:27:00 PM

This has become a staple. It works great for touching up any dry areas on face, but for the most part i use it on the lips. Smells amazing (as does the rest of the cocoa butter line), packaging is simple. Would definitely buy again.