Palmer's Cocoa Butter Stick

Palmer's Cocoa Butter Stick

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

For such a high rating I was expecting more....this balm never felt moisturizing enough to me..like it never really sank in...more of just surface moisture and once that was gone you needed to reapply. Also my stick is an odd shape which I found really annoying.

I'm not posting this to bash on the product at all, but more as a warning to those who might be likely to have allergic reactions. I had a *terrible* reaction to this lip balm. I literally had blistered sores on my lips for days after I started using it. I'm not sure what it was, but I'm guessing it might have been the fragrance.

The balm itself was ok enough, but if you are at all prone to allergic reactions, you might be better off avoiding this one.

on 9/16/2011 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This dried every bit of skin on my lips after 3 hours. This feels like a failed copy of Badger's organic cocoa butter lipbalms. I love those ones and they are a staple for me and my BF. IMO, the formulation of this is much sub-par compared to the smooth formulation of Badger's.

on 6/7/2010 9:43:00 AM

I think I'm allergic to this.. It stings my lips and makes them swell. Doesn't moisturize and doesn't work for me. Synthetic smell

on 12/11/2008 10:46:00 AM

I'm generally a lover of Palmers, I swear by their gradual self-tanner (which IMHO works better than dove, Johnson's St Tropez etc etc) and I love the Lip Butter. However this Cocoa Butter STICK is useless. It breaks so easily, and you can't 'fix' the stick like you can with other stick lipbalms, once it's snapped, that's it.
It's too hard to give any moisturising benefit, you can swipe it on but it doesn't feel particularly nice on, it's just too brittle. It doesn't have any smell and I'm sure if you only used it indoors and kept it at just about room temperature it would be very effective. But for me, it's already gone in the bin.

on 9/14/2008 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I hate to say this... but i hate this lip balm. It feels extremely waxy on my lips and it didn't made them any softer, instead they felt rough and kinda dry, I had to throw this away. For a great lip balm try cherry chapstick.

on 7/12/2007 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I HATE HATE HATE this product. I mentioned to my very sweet coworker that I was looking for a 100% Cocoa Butter stick, and she bought me this because she thought that's what this was. Something in it irritates my skin, ESPECIALLY my lips. It makes my lips burn when I put it on, and causes me to get cold sores, when under normal non-stress situations I have none. When I put this product on especially dry areas of my body like feet, elbows, and knees, it made the problem worse, giving me dry, flaky, itchy skin. It's more expensive and much inferior to just plain old 100% cocoa butter.

I have to say that I am one of the rare people who hates this product although I do love the body moisturiser version. I am allergic to one of the ingredients in the lipbalm and my lips started swelling up and burning like crazy almost immediately upon application. It took a few hours for the swelling to go down.

Scared the crap out of me when it happened. I have never had problems with lipbalms before.

None of my girl friends have this problem though and they love the stuff. One of them has given up Vaseline in favour of this.

Me? I think I'll stick to Vaseline in the meantime.

on 10/9/2013 2:44:00 AM

Love palmers coco butter products, its very good for you and smells awesome. I was excited when i bought this but for some reason this chapstick is goes on too thin and greasy, and always leaves an uncomfortable burning the the edges of my lips. So disappointed.

on 8/31/2012 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely fell in love with the scent of this product. It smells like chocolate HEAVEN. I saw a rave about this product on Youtube, ran to Walmart, and picked it up. It was only 2 dollars or so and came with so much product - about the size of a jumbo glue stick! It seemed like a steal to me.
Being so quick to buy it, I hadn't read the ingredients. I am very picky when it comes to lip balms/ skin care/ hair care, and I was very disappointed to see the second ingredient was MINERAL OIL.
Mineral oil pretty much blocks out any moisture from getting in or out and leaves your lips or skin feeling even drier.
I will not repurchase.
Hope this was helpful xx!