Palmer's Cocoa Butter Stick

Price: $

Price: $

on 5/1/2017 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Have used this for years. I buy multiples and use for chapped lips.

Amazing product for lips! This is the only thing I use on my lips. Nothing else softens and helps chapped lips like this. All the other chapsticks out there are super waxy, I feel like all they are made of is wax. I'm baffeled that other companies don't take a note from this product & make them soft and ditch the waxyness.
The formula is super soft yet thick enough to use as a chapstick, it glides on beautifully, and lasts a while, yet absorbs nicely. Makes my lips super soft, smoothes the appearance, hydrates like crazy, and prevents/erases chapped, dry, cracked lips.
The smell is great and it tastes good. I love that it's nice and thick & round, most chapstick are too small for lips, not many out there are big like this. The price is fair for the amount.

on 1/14/2017 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've repurchased this several times. I think it's one of those things that's even improved over time. Initially when I tried it like 10 years ago, I don't remember it being as moisturizing as it is now. I used RoC Enydrial for years until it went downhill and went back to this. (Was it my imagination that RoC Enydrial got more waxy and this got less waxy?) Now it's my "go to" and I've got a few sprinkled around the house. Smells awesome, moisturizes well and works under lipstick (makes them more sheer and glossy, which I love under 'nude' type lipsticks), lasts forever because of the large size and only costs around $2.69 if you buy them from Vitacost. The only downside is the size if you want to keep one in your pocket but I can deal and it doesn't take away from the love. For the record, I've also tried the Chocolate Mint balm in the squeeze tube. Smells amazing but it's much more 'shlippy' and oily feeling. Fine if you're just popping into bed but would not work under lipstick, that's for sure. The Palmer's Swivel Stick also lasts longer on my lips that other balms. Heals the 'chaps' and makes my lips so smooth. :)

on 12/24/2016 7:40:00 AM

This is the best on-the-go lip balm I have ever tried. It moisturizes really well without being obnoxiously greasy. I love the cocoa chocolatey smell, it`s so soothing on my lips and on my senses to apply this. I love the fact that it`s a multi-tasking product: I also use it for patches of dry skin on my face (like around my eyebrows) before applying foundation. I love this so much more than those Nuxe stick lip balms which are overpriced and perform well in warm weather, but do nothing for me in winter. Will repurchase this as long as they make it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

My holy grail lip balm for years now! I am completely obsessed with this swivel stick. I use it every single day when my lips are feeling a little dry or when I feel like pampering them a little bit. I even use it as is to finish off my simple makeup look. I get so many compliments asking what lipstick I'm wearing! Surprise! I don't wear lipstick! I have to give credit to this natural lip balm for giving my lips the lively natural color that they have. I even got my fiancée hooked on it! He can't go without. I apply after the shower, and my lips are soft for the whole day. I also apply after washing my face and before bed. I love the size of the stick because they last forever! I keep on in my purse and one in my makeup organizer! I ordered 5 online because I'm noticing stores are beginning to discontinue carrying them...noooooo! If you want soft, healthy and beautiful lips, use this! You won't be sorry.

For such a high rating I was expecting more....this balm never felt moisturizing enough to me..like it never really sank in...more of just surface moisture and once that was gone you needed to reapply. Also my stick is an odd shape which I found really annoying.

on 4/12/2016 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Lemme start by saying I have six of these, somewhere in my house or in my pocket or my bag. It's great for lips, but not just for lips. I use it for my dry under-eyes.

on 12/7/2015 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I like this a lot. I don't like to have my hands completely covered in lotion during the day, so it's nice to just pick spots to cover. I like how multi tasking it is. I usually don't find lotions to be greasy when most would, but this is wayyy greasy. I am at a keyboard all day at work though so not really a problem. I have gotten to really test it when my Eucerin dried out my skin (see my review) and the past two days I went from alligator bright red skin to I would say 85% normal at least. My hands DoD sting, but not that badly, if that's an issue for you. I personally don't mind it. the cocoa sent also is nice. Reminds me of baking cake or cookies, lol. I like the diameter of the stick. Easy to cover, but not huge, very portable in just a pocket. I'm curious why there's really nothing else on the market like this that I've seen.

on 9/1/2015 6:15:00 AM

I tried quite a few lip balms before, but this is definitely the best. It moisturizes well and I personally like the shape of it, especially since I have thin lips.

on 8/28/2015 12:20:00 PM

I absolutely love this lip balm. My eye area and neck are very sensitive. When the weather changes, I always feel dry and itchy and whatever product I use, it always burns on my neck( even La Roche Posay B5). I found this helpful to reduce the redness and itchiness. But when I use it as daily lip stick, it takes a long time to absorb.

Popular Lip Treatments