Palmer's Cocoa Butter Stick

Palmer's Cocoa Butter Stick

4.6

Price: $

Price: $

Amazing product for lips! This is the only thing I use on my lips. Nothing else softens and helps chapped lips like this. All the other chapsticks out there are super waxy, I feel like all they are made of is wax. I'm baffeled that other companies don't take a note from this product & make them soft and ditch the waxyness.
The formula is super soft yet thick enough to use as a chapstick, it glides on beautifully, and lasts a while, yet absorbs nicely. Makes my lips super soft, smoothes the appearance, hydrates like crazy, and prevents/erases chapped, dry, cracked lips.
The smell is great and it tastes good. I love that it's nice and thick & round, most chapstick are too small for lips, not many out there are big like this. The price is fair for the amount.

on 11/24/2014 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is a pretty good lip balm. My lips are sensitive, and many balms make my lips itchy, burn, or dry out. That never happens with the swivel stick. It also creates a smooth base under lipstick. I believe it leaves lasting improvement to skin, but not lasting lubrication. It needs reapplication pretty quickly. I dislike the shape of the tube (too big) but I know it's not soley meant for lips. Overall, it is good.

on 10/29/2013 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is the best lip balm ever! This is yet another beloved product that I've been so grateful to have discovered. I bought on a whim at an outlet store in a three pack. My husband and I use this for chapped lips only. It has a light sent and is not glossy at all which I like for balm. Lips just look and feel hydrated and healthy. I'll never use anything else to treat dry lips besides this; every other balm before this went in the trash. So many good reviews; everyone has to try this!! It WORKS. One of my few HG products.

on 4/6/2013 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

First thing I noticed about this was the interestingly convenient packaging that it was in; almost like a lip balm but thicker. (Although it looks like you can still use it for your lips according tot he label. ^ ^)

The second thing that I noticed was that it could help with the dark marks and blemishes of the face, which sounded great considering I had a lot of acne scars left behind.

And the third thing that took me by surprise was it's price. It was such a bargain of an item that I couldn't resist testing it out for myself. I bought this about the same time as my Derma E moisturizer, and used the two combined as part of my daily facial regiment.

What a difference they made for me. After a year of using this twice a day, a lot of the scars that would have taken years to disappear were gone. I hadn't even realized how evident that was until my aunt asked me why my face looked so nice and clear.

When you get that kind of a compliment from someone you KNOW it's worth it. I think I got two extra ones after the first one ran out because it's so wonderfully cheap. And because of the great packaging you really can take this anywhere.

It just goes to show you that great things really do come in small packages.

TIP: Try not to go crazy and smear it all over your face. Just rub the balm in the areas where the dark scars are most obvious and massage it after.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I picked this up a few months ago after reading all of the amazing reviews here and I'm so glad I did. I used to be really prone to dry lips and cracking (especially around the corner of my mouth) because I wear so much lipstick/lipgloss/stain. Since I started using this product, I have not had one problem with my lips at all! I only apply it once in the morning and once before I go to bed at night and the moisture lasts all day. When I wear it underneath lipstick, I can feel it protecting my lips from dryness. Because we're heading into the colder months now, I may have to apply it once more mid-day, but I'm confident it will keep my lips soft and nourished. I recommend this to people ALL of the time and I will never purchase another lip balm again.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Let me start off by saying that I am a lip balm junkie. I buy a few a month normally and I always feel that at first they work well but as time goes on they do not perform as well and usually leave my lips very dry even after constantly reapplying. Recently I had an allergic reaction to a medication I was prescribed causing blisters to form on my lips and after they went away they were sooo dry and remained drier than usual. I tried so many lip balms during the past few months and nothing seemed to work...that is until I found this product which is now my HG lip balm and I am almost tempted to throw away every other lip balm I own. It's that good! I am so glad I decided to come on here and read all of the positive reviews about it because if I never did I probably would have never thought about buying this. Immediately after buying this I opened it and put it on my lips right away. It just glided right on my lips and left them already feeling so much smoother and softer. The smell is to die for and smells like an ice cream shop/chocolate and marshmallows but it fades after being on the lips for a short time which isn't a bad thing in my opinion and it has no taste which is another plus so if I am eating or drinking something while this is on it doesn't change the flavor. I love how when I wake up after applying this the night before my lips are so soft and smooth and they even have the lip balm still on them which I find amazing. I find myself wanting to put this on all the time but for once it's not because my lips are drying out it's just because of the smell and how it feels on my lips. I love this so much that I actually bought a second tube today for my face if I ever have any dry spots or blemishes and whatever else I may need it for. If you haven't tried this you definitely should go out and get it asap! You won't be sorry :)

on 4/28/2012 11:33:00 AM

This product was only so-so for me. It does a very good job of masking chapped lips when they are dry but it doesn't seem to have any lasting effects for lip health, which I would expect in a product. This is alright when it is on your lips but it doesn't last very long and the long-term effects aren't noticeable to me. I don't think I'll be repurchasing this for awhile.

on 2/29/2012 2:49:00 PM

Im from Honduras, in Central America, and here this product is sold out.. I was sad because I have dry lips and I didnt want to use the regular Shaptick (left my lips even dyer :S) so I went to US for a job trainig and.. voila!! I found tons of this wondeful lip treatment at CVS jajajaj I bouth 10 of it and I can say this is the best ,, and I did find the regular size bottles.. I just to have the big one,,

on 2/11/2012 12:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I like this a lot. You get a lot of product for only $2 and its quite moisturizing. Its a bit slippery and more waxy than i'm used to but its still sinks in well enough. I like the light cocao scent/taste.

Tip: for those who are self conscious about the glue stick pkg. Cut off a chunk with a clean knife. Put chunk into a silver spoon. Hold high above a candle flame until it slowly melts. The slower the melt the better results you'll get when it re-solidifies. Poor melted product into a clean/sanitized lip balm pot or "free sample" jar. Let it re-solidify at room temperature. As long as you don't mind sticking your fingers into the jar, you've got your fav low budget lip balm in a classier pkg!

on 12/27/2011 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I love the lip balm.
It is very moisturising and therefore suitable for harsh winter days or someone with dry lips.
It has a very light scent and no 'taste' if you know what I mean ;)
Lips feel good therefore I feel good.
Will buy again and again and again :)