4.2

package quality

price range

Reviews

5 years ago

Holy grail eyebrow pencil! It all depends on the pressure you apply to the pencil (as I've learnt the hard way, ginger eyebrows on a blonde.. hm not a good look) It took me a while to figure out the amount of pressure I needed to apply to suit the colour for my eyebrows but once I got that sorted I cannot fault this product! I love the spooly brush on the end as it blends the product in, giving it a natural look or you could go for a more strong brow look and not use the spooly, users choice. It lasts all day and fairs well with water.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

3.0

8 years ago

I like this product quite a bit. I'm new to using any brow enhancer on myself. In my whole (makeup wearing) life, I have never used any eyebrow products to add color, thickness or shape, only gels, waxes etc to hold my brows in place. My brows have always been a very defining feature for me, thick, dark, and I have had compliments over the years even from strangers! My personal and professional belief having been a pro makeup artist for a time, is that brows look best with minimal intervention, not plucked into oblivion (which is where many go after a time, never to return). I didnt order this product, rather it was part of a package deal when I ordered the YBF neutralizing yellow cream concealer and matching powder. My brows have not changed all that much over time, but a condition I have that effects all my moisture glands, therefore my hair and skin, has at times effected my brows too. All of my hair is weak, prone to breakage, so sometimes I will notice a small area look a little sparser. This pencil is a good fill in just in that little spot. My brows are dark ash brown, no red at all though the hair on my head is much warmer in tone. This is not a warm brown though I have seen much more ash toned browns, this medium one works well enough with my brow coloring to go unnoticed. One key step to appear youthful as we get older is to try and give back to your appearance what time and nature are detracting bit by bit (unless father time doesn't have your address!). So if you've become parched and dry, add back moisture but also the appearance of glowy, dewier skin with highlighter. If you're lacking color but never wore blush, its time to try some, or maybe bronzer, both. If you never were one to do anything but your brows but brush them up and in place like me, you may not realize that you miss a bit of the lushness they once had till you do the most minimal amt of touch up where they look sparser, not changing the shape or line, until you try it. I find this long lasting, not a pointed, draw on feather lines as the tip is rounded and cannot be sharpened. However, it is not creamy like an eye liner so you can draw with it to some extent. I love the spoolie brush on the other end an d how that comes with a cap too. Word of caution, be extra careful, the inside part of mine, the "lead" if you will, fell out the first time I tried using this. An attempt to fit it back in caused it to break in pieces. I contacted YBF and received a new one from them. A few others have had a similar problem as well. I must admit I never wanted to add yet another "thing" to my regimen, and still hate that a medical condition (it beat time to the punch!) is making a favorite feature of mine a little different. But this is such a quick step thats its "painless." This brow pencil would work on both lighter and darker brows that mine, its quite versatile. Remember, add back whats been subtracted the best you can!

About reviewer (619 reviews)

Age

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

2.0
from

8 years ago

Ok is it just me? I purchased this product and don't get the part where you twist and the lead comes up? while I'm using it the little black thing keeps swiveling and eventually the lead goes back into the barrell...wish that thing would lock into place!! its very frustrating to use!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium

1.0

9 years ago

I was expecting big expectations from this product, I saw it on TVSN Australia and it looked really good, well the demo looked good anyway. I got all excited when my product arrived I couldn't wait to give it a go. Well the first time I used it my eyebrows looked like big fat caterpillars, now I have dark eyebrows and thought well maybe I applied it too hard, so thought I would try it out the next day. I was extra careful not to apply it too hard again but still the caterpillar effect was there. I do like the brush on it, that is the only good thing about it. I will be sticking to the Maybelline eyebrow pencil, which gets excellent reviews and compared to this product I would give it a 10/10.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

9 years ago

I have been using this eyebrow pencil for about 8 years , it's go on so easy and the perfect match for my dark over plucked brows ! fills them in really well and it looks natural .I just wish i could get hold of it more easily , shame Stacey isn't on any UK shopping channels anymore :(

About reviewer (11 reviews)

SkinDry, Other

EyesGray

2.0
from

9 years ago

ok, got this for 2 for $20.00, great deal! but i dont see why its so fabulous. the ease is understandable, twist up and color in but i find using my powder to brush it in is so much more natural looking then coloring it in. the color is ok, i wouldnt really call it "universal", its really too light/auburn looking for my black asian eyebrows. also, the stick fell out of the pen! i kept twisting and twisting it and then i realized that it was laying on the floor! anyway, i have another box im going to give to my mom. sticking with my laura mercier brow powder which has two colors to mix (brown and black).

About reviewer (531 reviews)

SkinOily, Tan, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

9 years ago

This was formerly known as the Models Prefer brow pencil. It is fantastic. I reviewed it earlier under Models Prefer (someone marked it discontinued, hence this reference).

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Curly, Coarse

EyesOther

9 years ago

Just the best out there. Great taupe colour which suits all eyebrow colours. Does not need sharpening and has a great stiff brush at one end to soften line. I have sparse brows due to over zealous plucking when young and this fills them in naturally. I buy a few at a time and have always got one in reserve. Would not use anything else. I just hope they never d/c it.

About reviewer (325 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

10 years ago

I know everybody wants this product so much, but I can't understand why. I got it on HSN, yes, I got lucky, and I think the price is fair (2 for $20). Putting it on is pretty easy, but over the course of the day, it gets darker on me and ends up looking harsh. I start out the day thinking, "my brows look good." But by the end, I'm looking in the mirror wondering when did they turned so dark and fake! I still use it for the bottom of my brows and the tails, but I primarily use MUFE waterproof brow corrector. This changes color on me if I use it for my entire brow. Weird. Update: I am still using this with MUFE brow corrector, and it's working out. I have brown eyes and blonde hair, so I like a darker brow, but I have to be careful not to get too dark with this as it does darken a bit on me through the day. However, using it on the bottom of my brows works well. If I get it too dark, I can put some silica powder on top and blend, and it softens up. I just rebought on HSN for a special deal, free shipping and $16 for 2, so that's nice!

About reviewer (36 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Other

EyesHazel

10 years ago

I am freaking out!!!!!! This item is SOLD OUT everywhere!!!!!!!!! What am I going to do? I've been using this product for almost 10 years!!!!!!!! Can someone please tell me where I can find it???

About reviewer (55 reviews)

Age36-43