BeneFit Cosmetics Hello Flawless!

BeneFit Cosmetics Hello Flawless!
Hello Flawless!Hello Flawless!Hello Flawless!Hello Flawless!Hello Flawless!

3.7

12/22/2015: Active: Octinoxate (Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate) 6.00, Titanium Dioxide 1.59, Oxybenzone (Benzophenone-3) 2.00. Inactive: Talc, Silica, Mica, Nylon-12, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyethylene, Isononyl Isononanoate, Lauroyl Lysine, Aluminum Dimyristate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Methicone, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Alumina, Polymethyl Methacrylate, BHT. May Contain: Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Carmine (CI 75470), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

When I first bought it my skin was more on the oily side and I loved the coverage it provided... As time went on, my skin switched (because of seasons and end of puberty, I'd assume) and is now quite dry and this powder is ABSOLUTELY NOT meant for dry skin. It hangs on to any dry patches, gives a very cakey appearance and seems to exaggerate the appearance of pores.

Might be okay for normal to oily skin and perhaps for use on its own as a powder foundation rather than a powder to put over foundation, but unfortunately for this price - definitely won't be purchasing again as it doesn't pay off.

on 12/29/2016 4:24:00 PM

Lovely product but apply with caution, a little goes a long way. Avoid applying with the sponge and stick to a foundation brush unless you rate the 'cakey' look. Whilst applying it looks very even but if you use the sponge you will notice it more and more as the day goes on. The brush that comes with it is very basic, I'd recommend using a larger brush. It does last though and the lightest colour is perfect for my skin tone. Often powder darkens after a few hours but this remains the same. Use a primer if you're oily!

on 11/19/2016 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I do like the color selection & the coverage of the powder. But it clings to dry patches, does nothing for oil control, and is expensive. I have been using this for years because it does not break me out.

on 10/4/2016 7:31:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I purchased this powder in the Ivory shade, which seems slightly too dark and too yellow/beige for my NC10-15 complexion.

As far as powders go, this one is very soft and finely milled. It feels nice for application, but like other reviewers have noted, it can quickly develop into a caked-on appearance, not a good thing for me at age 43. Although I have small pores (and dry skin), this seemed to emphasize my pores despite trying several primers before application (Primed & Poreless, Bobbi Brown Hydrating Vitamin Enriched Face Base, Nivea Post Shave Balm {my HG!}, and the Monistat Anti-Chafing gel stuff.)

Since this powder, I've gone back to using the one called Youthful Wear, in the Translucent shade, by Physicians Formula. I don't know why I strayed, just a compulsion, I suppose!

on 8/6/2016 2:47:00 PM

I have dry skin, but wear powders in the summer because sweaty is a thing. Environment is not humid, not arid either because I live 2 hours from the ocean. At first it will look fairly powdery (not using setting spray), but after a day's wear, this powder turns into a nice dewy finish (like skin). If you have oily skin, this may look more oily than dewy.

SO buildable, thus easy to look caked on, (despite this being full coverage) so go easy and depend on concealer to hide what you want.

Will settle into your pores (because of how fine it is, it's not going to fall off your face) so use a primer! I sometime layer Dr Feelgood *just on the pores on my cheeks* to fill them in (Dr Feelgood can be drying, so use only on select areas).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I first got my hands on this product in shade "Champagne Me, Vain?" as a part of the "How to Look the Best at Everything" set in shade Light (they did not have shade Fair when I decided to get this), so I can't say much about the packaging; it looks lovely on pictures though.

First of all, the shade was slightly too orange for my tone, I was hoping that they would have put the shade "Ivory" in the set since it was the lightest among 3 sets they offered back then. Not the product's fault but I have hoped that I'd get a different shade.

In performance department, I'd say, this product did not perform so well on me. I was hoping that it would have lasted long, or at least kept oil at bay for a decent period (my face is super oily by default). My face would look like an oily mess after around 2 hours on normal days (I live in a tropical country); it would always leave my face and decide to make love with the blotting paper/tissue. This powder, however, would have looked lovely on normal to dry skin as it did give flawless and smooth finish.

Did it break me out? Well.. No. But it seemed to set and build up in, and thus, clogged my pores as I went daily with it.

I've tried so hard to love this powder. I have given it time and second chances but I can't seem to love it whatsoever. 3 stars however for the lovely finish once applied.

I used to buy Laura Mercier but they're so expensive. Although benefit isn't cheap but slightly cheaper. I like this powder. It goes on like what it says "flawless" but at the end up the day my face does look cakey. It could be the foundation underneath the powder- not sure. Overall I really like it. I have been using it for ~1.5 month and have about half left.

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

This gives a beautiful flawless finish! I love the packaging, and one coat is enough to cover a multitude of sins! I do use liquid foundation under it though as I love full coverage. I took a star off as it goes so quickly! I hit pan within a month! However I would buy again because of the flawless finish.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I LOVE THIS! Been using it for the last four years, both as a setting powder and a powder foundation for my more lazy days. It gives great coverage, and looks just like skin. You can not even tell i have something on, it just looks flawless. I do hit pan on this really Quickly, thats the only con. I dont find it cakey, and it mattes down my skin without making it dry or gross.

on 5/26/2016 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this for three years now but on the search for something better.
This is a good powder/powder foundation. The color Never Settle Petal matches my skin almost perfectly. The brush that comes with it is useless. I use the sponge but apply the powder sparingly, otherwise it has a tendency to cake.