BeneFit Cosmetics Hello Flawless!

BeneFit Cosmetics Hello Flawless!
Hello Flawless!Hello Flawless!Hello Flawless!Hello Flawless!Hello Flawless!

3.7

12/22/2015: Active: Octinoxate (Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate) 6.00, Titanium Dioxide 1.59, Oxybenzone (Benzophenone-3) 2.00. Inactive: Talc, Silica, Mica, Nylon-12, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyethylene, Isononyl Isononanoate, Lauroyl Lysine, Aluminum Dimyristate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Methicone, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Alumina, Polymethyl Methacrylate, BHT. May Contain: Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Carmine (CI 75470), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

on 6/20/2017 5:03:00 AM

Expensive powder which didn't really work and gave me breakouts. Furthermore, it was really expensive! Will not be repurchasing :(

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

One of the few Benefit products I have in my collection, I found I am forcing myself to use it up. I am in the shade Petal for my NC 25-30 skin, it has a bit of a powdery look on my skin but my oils break through quickly, so I am not too bothered it. It has a medium coverage which adds to and sets my TM nicely with a dense powder brush. I have also wore it on no make makeup days when I just have a primer underneath and my other cheek products apply fine over top. I use to carry it around in my makeup bag for after work touch ups, which it was great going on (not sticking and applying unevenly) after blotting with the included brush; but with the powder being so soft, it shattered afterwards, so now its just a morning powder. I find the packaging to be a bit on the bulky side but I appreciated the brush so I didn't mind. I just found this powder has no staying power, esp on my oily skin. I think it is better suited for dry/normal skin types.

PROS: Medium coverage, soft powder, included brush
CONS: Powdery look, no staying powder, bulky packaging, and easily shatters

I got mine for $44 CAD from Sephora

on 5/8/2017 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

What happened to the color range in this? Would be a great powder foundation, but color range goes from pale yellow to orange....and deeper orange....:/

When I first bought it my skin was more on the oily side and I loved the coverage it provided... As time went on, my skin switched (because of seasons and end of puberty, I'd assume) and is now quite dry and this powder is ABSOLUTELY NOT meant for dry skin. It hangs on to any dry patches, gives a very cakey appearance and seems to exaggerate the appearance of pores.

Might be okay for normal to oily skin and perhaps for use on its own as a powder foundation rather than a powder to put over foundation, but unfortunately for this price - definitely won't be purchasing again as it doesn't pay off.

on 12/29/2016 4:24:00 PM

Lovely product but apply with caution, a little goes a long way. Avoid applying with the sponge and stick to a foundation brush unless you rate the 'cakey' look. Whilst applying it looks very even but if you use the sponge you will notice it more and more as the day goes on. The brush that comes with it is very basic, I'd recommend using a larger brush. It does last though and the lightest colour is perfect for my skin tone. Often powder darkens after a few hours but this remains the same. Use a primer if you're oily!

on 11/19/2016 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I do like the color selection & the coverage of the powder. But it clings to dry patches, does nothing for oil control, and is expensive. I have been using this for years because it does not break me out.

on 10/4/2016 7:31:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I purchased this powder in the Ivory shade, which seems slightly too dark and too yellow/beige for my NC10-15 complexion.

As far as powders go, this one is very soft and finely milled. It feels nice for application, but like other reviewers have noted, it can quickly develop into a caked-on appearance, not a good thing for me at age 43. Although I have small pores (and dry skin), this seemed to emphasize my pores despite trying several primers before application (Primed & Poreless, Bobbi Brown Hydrating Vitamin Enriched Face Base, Nivea Post Shave Balm {my HG!}, and the Monistat Anti-Chafing gel stuff.)

Since this powder, I've gone back to using the one called Youthful Wear, in the Translucent shade, by Physicians Formula. I don't know why I strayed, just a compulsion, I suppose!

on 8/6/2016 2:47:00 PM

I have dry skin, but wear powders in the summer because sweaty is a thing. Environment is not humid, not arid either because I live 2 hours from the ocean. At first it will look fairly powdery (not using setting spray), but after a day's wear, this powder turns into a nice dewy finish (like skin). If you have oily skin, this may look more oily than dewy.

SO buildable, thus easy to look caked on, (despite this being full coverage) so go easy and depend on concealer to hide what you want.

Will settle into your pores (because of how fine it is, it's not going to fall off your face) so use a primer! I sometime layer Dr Feelgood *just on the pores on my cheeks* to fill them in (Dr Feelgood can be drying, so use only on select areas).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I first got my hands on this product in shade "Champagne Me, Vain?" as a part of the "How to Look the Best at Everything" set in shade Light (they did not have shade Fair when I decided to get this), so I can't say much about the packaging; it looks lovely on pictures though.

First of all, the shade was slightly too orange for my tone, I was hoping that they would have put the shade "Ivory" in the set since it was the lightest among 3 sets they offered back then. Not the product's fault but I have hoped that I'd get a different shade.

In performance department, I'd say, this product did not perform so well on me. I was hoping that it would have lasted long, or at least kept oil at bay for a decent period (my face is super oily by default). My face would look like an oily mess after around 2 hours on normal days (I live in a tropical country); it would always leave my face and decide to make love with the blotting paper/tissue. This powder, however, would have looked lovely on normal to dry skin as it did give flawless and smooth finish.

Did it break me out? Well.. No. But it seemed to set and build up in, and thus, clogged my pores as I went daily with it.

I've tried so hard to love this powder. I have given it time and second chances but I can't seem to love it whatsoever. 3 stars however for the lovely finish once applied.

I used to buy Laura Mercier but they're so expensive. Although benefit isn't cheap but slightly cheaper. I like this powder. It goes on like what it says "flawless" but at the end up the day my face does look cakey. It could be the foundation underneath the powder- not sure. Overall I really like it. I have been using it for ~1.5 month and have about half left.