Maybelline Wet Shine Nail Enamel in Juicy Tomato [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Maybelline Wet Shine Nail Enamel in Juicy Tomato [DISCONTINUED]

on 11/26/2008 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This has to be the best nail polish I've ever used in terms of application ease. Here is why I love this polish:

This polish goes on SO smooth and evenly and it dries fast. I got away with just one coat a few times when I was in a rush but two coats definitely always gave me a perfect manicured look. The brush handle is shorter which I find gives me more control, and the brush bristles seem a little fatter than the usual brush and this made coverage much easier. This nail polish always goes on flawlessly and I've had this bottle for over 3 years now.

Juicy Tomato is an absolutely stunning color, and I think it would look great on any skin tone. I'm very pale and this color livens up a mani or pedi any time of year and looks awesome inopen-toed shoes or strappy sandals. It's so unexpected and unique -- it's not red, but not quite orange. It's the perfect combination of both and I've always gotten tons of compliments on the color whenever I have worn it. Plus it dries to a smooth, opaque delicious finish.

This is a color that will always be a staple in my nail polish vault. I can't believe I haven't picked up other shades of Wet Shine yet, but if they go on as beautifully as Juicy Tomato I'll be thrilled.
EDIT: I wonder has Wet Shine been discontinued? I can't find it in any stores anymore! I was going to go get a few other colors of this and no one has it! :(

I generally don't like drugstore nailpolishes; they chip fast, are either too thin or too thick, streaky, etc. "Juicy Tomato" has none of the aforementioned qualities. It's a bright red with a tinge of orange, and would look good on anyone with a bit of a tan. It looks great in the summer, and definitely does look "professional" like another reviewer mentioned.

on 8/28/2005 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I LOVE this color - I have loved it from the start and NOTHING ELSE WILL DO!!!! I was afraid it was discontinued because it is hard to find - because it keeps flying off the shelves - I found it in target in nj and bought the 4 remaining bottles (all the other colors in the display were full lol) It is a warm red/orangy color perfect for warm skin tones. It goes on smooth and never goopy and the color does not get darker on the nails with age (revlon). I can come close to finishing the bottle without tossing it because it gets old and stringy - I have to toss bottles of anything else much sooner. I will haunt maybelline if they stop making this!!!!!!

Popular Polishes