Maybelline New York Wet Shine Nail Enamel in Juicy Tomato [DISCONTINUED]

Maybelline New York Wet Shine Nail Enamel in Juicy Tomato [DISCONTINUED]

4.8

Price: $

Price: $

I love, love, love the color and jelly finish of this polish, but I have to say that for me the brush is the worst! I had a hard time with application because the wand of the brush is a bit short, yet the actual bristles are very long and sort of soft and difficult to control. Still, the color is awesome--a very bright red that leans orange-ish. Perfect for summer! It truly is very shiny, and I absolutely love jelly finishes, so that makes it a winner in my book. Maybe I'll keep practicing with this style of brush and my application will get better over time, but I would still repurchase this product since I love the look once it's on the nail. For this I don't mind a bit of extra cleanup :)

on 6/23/2009 12:46:00 AM

This is a fun & bright tomato red polish. It leaves a creamy, shiny finish w/ no shimmer. Application is easy and smooth - not too thin or thick. I'm a runner so occasionally I get a bruised toenail & this polish does not cover the bruise as easily as OPI red polishes do, but under normal circumstances two coats is perfect. It wears well, lasting as long as my OPI polishes. This has become a favorite of mine.

on 8/17/2006 12:22:00 AM

This is a true orange/red tomato color. Gorgeous, very bright, definitely agree with the traffic cone description - lol. With a tan it's gorgeous. Application is great, a bit watery it seems, but it applies easily and well. Dries quickly too, because the polish isn't thick I guess. If you aren't afraid to wear a real tomato color, this is exactly what you want.

I detest the Maybelline polish brushes...they are too large and long, and makes for very messy application. However, I loved this color in the bottle, so I bought it regardless of my dislike of the brush.

The color is fantastic! Bright red-orange, and so shiny! I do add a shiny topcoat to help with staying power, but it's really not needed to achieve the "wet" look, because this polish is very shiny and "wet" looking as the name suggests.

Staying power is decent, but could be better. Applies fairly evenly if you're extra careful and extra slow with the humongous brush. Dries quickly. continued >>

Popular Polishes