Maybelline New York Wet Shine Nail Enamel in Juicy Tomato [DISCONTINUED]

Maybelline New York Wet Shine Nail Enamel in Juicy Tomato [DISCONTINUED]

4.6

Price: $

Price: $

I love, love, love the color and jelly finish of this polish, but I have to say that for me the brush is the worst! I had a hard time with application because the wand of the brush is a bit short, yet the actual bristles are very long and sort of soft and difficult to control. Still, the color is awesome--a very bright red that leans orange-ish. Perfect for summer! It truly is very shiny, and I absolutely love jelly finishes, so that makes it a winner in my book. Maybe I'll keep practicing with this style of brush and my application will get better over time, but I would still repurchase this product since I love the look once it's on the nail. For this I don't mind a bit of extra cleanup :)

on 6/23/2009 12:46:00 AM

This is a fun & bright tomato red polish. It leaves a creamy, shiny finish w/ no shimmer. Application is easy and smooth - not too thin or thick. I'm a runner so occasionally I get a bruised toenail & this polish does not cover the bruise as easily as OPI red polishes do, but under normal circumstances two coats is perfect. It wears well, lasting as long as my OPI polishes. This has become a favorite of mine.

This is such a bright fun red-orange color. The application is smoothe and easy and leaves a nice opaque jelly finish in two coats. Seemed to dry pretty quickly, too. I suspect that this would look good on most skintones, either light or dark. It looks great as a pedi and would probably look good as a tip color, as well.

Juicy Tomato looks just like....a juicy tomato!
The color is beautiful, especially layered under a glitter topcoat! Very summery & it makes and excellent pedi color. This shade would probably work on just about any skin tone! Wear time for me was average, as are all the Maybelline polishes.

I generally don't like drugstore nailpolishes; they chip fast, are either too thin or too thick, streaky, etc. "Juicy Tomato" has none of the aforementioned qualities. It's a bright red with a tinge of orange, and would look good on anyone with a bit of a tan. It looks great in the summer, and definitely does look "professional" like another reviewer mentioned.

on 6/25/2007 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I love this color - so aptly named, it's the perfect orangey-red for summer. Iím fair, but this color looks amazing on my toes whether Iíve self-tanned or not Ė itís so versatile and dresses up even the plainest flip-flops in the summer. When Iím wearing this color, I feel so pampered Ė it looks expensive and elegant. Seeing it peek up at me whenever I look down at my feet makes me smile and feel as though Iíve been to the salon for a professional pedicure, even though I havenít. Great consistency and easier to apply than some salon or high-end brands. A must have in the warmer months.

I picked this up because it was on sale at walgreens for 2 and change. The color looked pretty cute in the bottle, but I never anticipated that it would look just as cute on my nails but it does! It took me about 5 seconds to do my left hand just now, and all it took was one coat, but I'm a two coat girl, so after this review, I'm putting on another. The consistency is great, it's on the thin side, but the color is def not compromised. It's also easier to apply. (Esp compared to my chanel polishes, some of those things are just crap.)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

This is one of my favorite summertime colors! It's so bright and festive. I have darker skin, so it looks great on me. The consistency is okay, not too thick, not too thin. Love it.

I got this in a double set with another polish for a dollar, so I basically paid 50 cents for this. This is a really nice red with a hint of orange to it. I like to use two coats of this. It is a really bright polish, but it is nice. I have worn this both when paler and tan and it actually looks okay either way. Nice polish, even though I don't like the brush.+

on 8/17/2006 12:22:00 AM

This is a true orange/red tomato color. Gorgeous, very bright, definitely agree with the traffic cone description - lol. With a tan it's gorgeous. Application is great, a bit watery it seems, but it applies easily and well. Dries quickly too, because the polish isn't thick I guess. If you aren't afraid to wear a real tomato color, this is exactly what you want.

Popular Polishes