Maybelline New York Wet Shine Nail Enamel in Juicy Tomato [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Maybelline New York Wet Shine Nail Enamel in Juicy Tomato [DISCONTINUED]

on 1/25/2009 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Best red nail polish for tanned/olive skin. I was tired of wasting money on the wrong red nail polish and unfortunlately a lot of these drugstores don't have testers and whatever looks good in a bottle is not necessarily good on once you try them at home. I highly recommend this. No blue undertones perfect red for me.

on 11/26/2008 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This has to be the best nail polish I've ever used in terms of application ease. Here is why I love this polish:

This polish goes on SO smooth and evenly and it dries fast. I got away with just one coat a few times when I was in a rush but two coats definitely always gave me a perfect manicured look. The brush handle is shorter which I find gives me more control, and the brush bristles seem a little fatter than the usual brush and this made coverage much easier. This nail polish always goes on flawlessly and I've had this bottle for over 3 years now.

Juicy Tomato is an absolutely stunning color, and I think it would look great on any skin tone. I'm very pale and this color livens up a mani or pedi any time of year and looks awesome inopen-toed shoes or strappy sandals. It's so unexpected and unique -- it's not red, but not quite orange. It's the perfect combination of both and I've always gotten tons of compliments on the color whenever I have worn it. Plus it dries to a smooth, opaque delicious finish.

This is a color that will always be a staple in my nail polish vault. I can't believe I haven't picked up other shades of Wet Shine yet, but if they go on as beautifully as Juicy Tomato I'll be thrilled.
EDIT: I wonder has Wet Shine been discontinued? I can't find it in any stores anymore! I was going to go get a few other colors of this and no one has it! :(

My favorite red nail polish ever! I bought this on a whim about six months ago, and absolutely love it. It is one of the few polishes that I use over and over on both my hands and feet. Like other reviewers have mentioned, this is a bright red with orange tones to it, but it looks so bright on my fair skin. The consistency of this polish is great - not too thick or thin, and it lasts forever when I use it with my SH Diamond Shine top coat. A definite winner! A+

Popular Polishes