Maybelline New York Wet Shine Nail Enamel in Juicy Tomato [DISCONTINUED]

Maybelline New York Wet Shine Nail Enamel in Juicy Tomato [DISCONTINUED]

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

I love, love, love the color and jelly finish of this polish, but I have to say that for me the brush is the worst! I had a hard time with application because the wand of the brush is a bit short, yet the actual bristles are very long and sort of soft and difficult to control. Still, the color is awesome--a very bright red that leans orange-ish. Perfect for summer! It truly is very shiny, and I absolutely love jelly finishes, so that makes it a winner in my book. Maybe I'll keep practicing with this style of brush and my application will get better over time, but I would still repurchase this product since I love the look once it's on the nail. For this I don't mind a bit of extra cleanup :)

on 11/26/2008 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This has to be the best nail polish I've ever used in terms of application ease. Here is why I love this polish:

This polish goes on SO smooth and evenly and it dries fast. I got away with just one coat a few times when I was in a rush but two coats definitely always gave me a perfect manicured look. The brush handle is shorter which I find gives me more control, and the brush bristles seem a little fatter than the usual brush and this made coverage much easier. This nail polish always goes on flawlessly and I've had this bottle for over 3 years now.

Juicy Tomato is an absolutely stunning color, and I think it would look great on any skin tone. I'm very pale and this color livens up a mani or pedi any time of year and looks awesome inopen-toed shoes or strappy sandals. It's so unexpected and unique -- it's not red, but not quite orange. It's the perfect combination of both and I've always gotten tons of compliments on the color whenever I have worn it. Plus it dries to a smooth, opaque delicious finish.

This is a color that will always be a staple in my nail polish vault. I can't believe I haven't picked up other shades of Wet Shine yet, but if they go on as beautifully as Juicy Tomato I'll be thrilled.
EDIT: I wonder has Wet Shine been discontinued? I can't find it in any stores anymore! I was going to go get a few other colors of this and no one has it! :(

This is such a bright fun red-orange color. The application is smoothe and easy and leaves a nice opaque jelly finish in two coats. Seemed to dry pretty quickly, too. I suspect that this would look good on most skintones, either light or dark. It looks great as a pedi and would probably look good as a tip color, as well.

Juicy Tomato looks just like....a juicy tomato!
The color is beautiful, especially layered under a glitter topcoat! Very summery & it makes and excellent pedi color. This shade would probably work on just about any skin tone! Wear time for me was average, as are all the Maybelline polishes.

My favorite red nail polish ever! I bought this on a whim about six months ago, and absolutely love it. It is one of the few polishes that I use over and over on both my hands and feet. Like other reviewers have mentioned, this is a bright red with orange tones to it, but it looks so bright on my fair skin. The consistency of this polish is great - not too thick or thin, and it lasts forever when I use it with my SH Diamond Shine top coat. A definite winner! A+

I detest the Maybelline polish brushes...they are too large and long, and makes for very messy application. However, I loved this color in the bottle, so I bought it regardless of my dislike of the brush.

The color is fantastic! Bright red-orange, and so shiny! I do add a shiny topcoat to help with staying power, but it's really not needed to achieve the "wet" look, because this polish is very shiny and "wet" looking as the name suggests.

Staying power is decent, but could be better. Applies fairly evenly if you're extra careful and extra slow with the humongous brush. Dries quickly. continued >>

Popular Polishes