Maybelline New York Wet Shine Nail Enamel in Juicy Tomato [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by age: 19-24
Maybelline New York Wet Shine Nail Enamel in Juicy Tomato [DISCONTINUED]

4.8

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

MY FAVORITE NAIL POLISH OF ALL TIME!! WHY DID STUPID MAYBELLINE DISCONTINUE IT?

I generally don't like drugstore nailpolishes; they chip fast, are either too thin or too thick, streaky, etc. "Juicy Tomato" has none of the aforementioned qualities. It's a bright red with a tinge of orange, and would look good on anyone with a bit of a tan. It looks great in the summer, and definitely does look "professional" like another reviewer mentioned.

I picked this up because it was on sale at walgreens for 2 and change. The color looked pretty cute in the bottle, but I never anticipated that it would look just as cute on my nails but it does! It took me about 5 seconds to do my left hand just now, and all it took was one coat, but I'm a two coat girl, so after this review, I'm putting on another. The consistency is great, it's on the thin side, but the color is def not compromised. It's also easier to apply. (Esp compared to my chanel polishes, some of those things are just crap.)

My favorite red nail polish ever! I bought this on a whim about six months ago, and absolutely love it. It is one of the few polishes that I use over and over on both my hands and feet. Like other reviewers have mentioned, this is a bright red with orange tones to it, but it looks so bright on my fair skin. The consistency of this polish is great - not too thick or thin, and it lasts forever when I use it with my SH Diamond Shine top coat. A definite winner! A+

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

This is one of my favorite summertime colors! It's so bright and festive. I have darker skin, so it looks great on me. The consistency is okay, not too thick, not too thin. Love it.

I got this in a double set with another polish for a dollar, so I basically paid 50 cents for this. This is a really nice red with a hint of orange to it. I like to use two coats of this. It is a really bright polish, but it is nice. I have worn this both when paler and tan and it actually looks okay either way. Nice polish, even though I don't like the brush.+

on 8/13/2005 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

fabulous tomato red...!!! It reminds me of Lolita's fingernails.

on 5/14/2004 3:32:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I really like this color in the summertime for my toes. It's definitely true to it's name--a tomato [orange-y] red. The finish also lives up to the "Wet Shine" name. Seriously. My pedicure looks like red vinyl or a red sports car after a good wax. As for the formula, I was surprised to find it very thin and watery, but in this case, w/ such a bright color, it made application easier. I can't say much about the durability b/c I have to wear closed-toed shoes for work, so they don't get exposed to much wear and tear during the day. Still, a VERY nice color/product for the money. I'm also a fan of the WSD line.

Popular Polishes