Apple By Apple - Super Lash

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
 Apple By Apple - Super Lash
Apple By Apple - Super LashSuper Lash by Apple MascaraSuper Lash Mascara by Apple Cosmetics

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Alico 9 (odorless mineral spirits), beeswax, ozokerite, aluminum stearate, lanolin, propylparaben, bht, almond oil, ultramarines, manganese violet.

on 8/21/2013 2:55:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I picked this up for $1 at my local Hispanic market after being turned on to Mexican mascara formulations by a client. I think it's a pretty great mascara - not prefect but pretty great, expecially for the price! The enormous brush is a pain, as it flips mascara out that then goes everywhere when you pull it out of the vial. It also tends to get mascara smudges on my lids while I am applying it. So I now wipe the brush down extremely well before I apply, and use another wand to separate the lashes. You can get a very beautiful, subtle result that way. You can also build up quite some impressive volume if that is what you are after.

It stays on very well without flaking. However, if you don't take it off before you go to bed it WILL smudge halfway down your cheek. And it's really hard to remove! I'm going to dig up a makeup remover and see if that helps.

I also bought this in brown, but was very disappointed. I was think it would be the usual brown/black color, but it was bright sienna! Looks very weird on me, but might work for someone who wanted to really play up green eyes without looking like they had mascara on? I have naturally dark lashes, so it just lightened them up. Not what I was looking for.

on 5/26/2011 11:05:00 PM

Haha! I love the packaging for this one ( i have the pink and green bottle) it caught my attention because it reminded me of the maybelline great lash bottle so I decided to compare it with this one.

I found theres no WOW factor in this, it works like any other mascara for me so its not anything real special but not a flop either. I did notice the brush is pretty cheap looking though.

I bought mine at a local 1-3 dollar store (I live in alaska where there are no $1 stores). I noticed some people were saying it smells like apple but mine smells more like crayon? I hope that it doesnt mean its bad. I figure it smells like this because of the oils that are in it (mamey oil, almond oil).

Overall it has cute packaging but I think id rather pay a couple extra dollars for the maybelline great lash which usually runs between 4-5 dollars ^^

I really wanted to like this, but it was basically one of the most awful mascaras I have ever tried. The brush felt so gross, and the mascara did nothing but coat my lashes in black chunks. It went right into the garbage after one use.

on 8/10/2010 5:21:00 PM

I am all for the au natural look - and this works! I was at a Joyeria Tienda and I luckily came across this mascara in "Cristal". It was only TWO BUCKS! (But I think Esmeralda gave me a discount since I had my son with me and I was buying alot more.) I tried it on when I came home and I adored it so. It gave my lashes a nice curl without the trouble of having sticky black residue piled on top. Not great for volume, but fine by me! As long as I didn't have mascara boogers around the tips of my lashes it's all good. I didn't like how the packaging wasn't completely sealed, but I'm confident mine wasn't a tester. And the product glides on SO NICE. I'm going to have to stock up!

on 1/19/2010 10:29:00 PM

Someone here on MUA suggested this mascara, after I asked for recs for a mascara that would do a few things: hold a curl, thicken, not be difficult to remove, non-waterproof, and not damage my lashes.

This fits the bill! It's so cheap... $2.50 a tube. So I buy a bunch at a time. I purchase the Black, it's nice and dark. No clumping, it doesn't flake, and it holds a curl like nobody's business. Usually, I need a WP mascara to hold my curl, but its taking a toll on my lashes.

I will continue to repurchase this mascara... wish I had known about it sooner!!!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I got this on Ebay because of the great reviews on makeupalley, but just like the other reviewer: I also thought it was quite thick and dried out, and it clumps my lashes and makes them look dry and chrunchy "not a good look". Maybe I got a bad tube, otherwise I don't like the formula.

on 7/27/2009 7:03:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is a great mascara for how cheap it is! I tried the mamey one and was amazed at how little it clumps. You can pile this stuff on and it seemingly does not clump. For how ridiculously cheap this is, it's really impressive.

on 7/18/2009 1:10:00 PM

i am so happy that i read the reviews for this mascara and gave it a try. i used 2 coats and my lashes looked amazing. this mascara gave me everything you would want from a mascara. i got volumn, lenght, a great holding curl, lasted all day, not flakes or smudges, and my lashes felt soft. i applied this mascara at 9:00 am and at 6:00 pm my lashes still looked great. i will buy this agian and will keep using it until i cant find it anymore. i bought it from ebay for 4.50 including shipping.

on 4/13/2009 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Thanks to the MUA'er who recommended this! I picked up 3 tubes on eBay for $13 and the seller threw in a 4th tube for free - can't beat that! I'm really impressed with this mascara. It volumizes more than lengthens, which is what I need, and it still manages to look natural.. No clumping or flaking, which I was suprised at because when you pull the brush out of the tube it looks like it would be kind of dry, but it isn't. I got 4 different kinds and I've primarily been using the Black - Negro shade. One of the other ones (green tube) is Aloe and it smells so good! I will definitely keep using Apple mascara, especially at this price!