Apple By Apple - Super Lash

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
 Apple By Apple - Super Lash
Apple By Apple - Super LashSuper Lash by Apple MascaraSuper Lash Mascara by Apple Cosmetics

4.5

Alico 9 (odorless mineral spirits), beeswax, ozokerite, aluminum stearate, lanolin, propylparaben, bht, almond oil, ultramarines, manganese violet.

on 3/13/2016 9:12:00 PM

This mascara has been around for as along as I could remember! Growing up I would always see this product being sold at the .99 stores, or the cheapo shoe/clothing stores, or the Mexican grocers! I've never bought these in my life as I thought they probably wouldn't do anything for my lashes, until many years later I went to a makeup store, and they gave me the Pink & Green for free! It wasn't until recently, or about 2-3 months later after I was given the product until I actually tried it. I had been so used to using high-end brands (Too Faced Better Than Sex, Benefit's They're Real & Roller Lash) and without much thought, never wanted to try anything else than what Sephora offered lol.

The wand of the Apple mascara is HUGE which was a little off-putting, because I'm super prone to smudging whenever I apply any type of mascara. With a little practice and patience, this product has definitely won me over as it has proven to me that it performs much better than any other mascara I've bought! I have sparse, Asian lashes that will droop and un-curl whenever I apply any type of mascara--which is why I've been so dependent on wearing false lashes whenever I can (with or without eyemakeup!)...this mascara gives my lashes volume and length without clumps! I have become obsessed with this product that I actually went out to buy 5 more just to test out the other formulas (I bought 2 more Pink & Green's, 1 Mamey, 1 Black, and 1 "Super Lash with Ceramides").

I've tried a lot of mascara from high to low end and this one beats them all. I have Itty bitty pin straight lashes that are difficult to keep a curl BUT with this mascara they look thick LONG and they keep a curl ALL Day long till I'm ready to take off my mascara. These are around $1.75 and are sold at Latin grocers and do not come sealed. The brush may need a bit getting use to as it is a rather large pine cone shaped brush...but I got the hang of it, so it's no big deal. I've been using this for at least 22 years buying numerous others in between (I like to try new products) but Always come back to this because it's that good.
TF better than sex, lancome, benefit they're real, YSL , tarte camera ready...don't hold a candle to Apple. I like all the formulas, my faves are Mamey (fruit) the all pink and the all black tubes. Dislike avocado & peanut. .peanut has a strong smell and the one I got from eBay (before my areas started to carry it) was dried out!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

My go-to mascara for years! I have tried numerous name brand mascaras and nothing compares to this one. I've used the red, brown and green Apple mascara and they're all fantastic! I curl my eyelashes with a spoon and this mascara keeps them lifted and curly, as opposed to name brand mascaras that only clump and make my lashes completely lose their curl. Extremely affordable, long-lasting & waterproof!

on 8/21/2013 2:55:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I picked this up for $1 at my local Hispanic market after being turned on to Mexican mascara formulations by a client. I think it's a pretty great mascara - not prefect but pretty great, expecially for the price! The enormous brush is a pain, as it flips mascara out that then goes everywhere when you pull it out of the vial. It also tends to get mascara smudges on my lids while I am applying it. So I now wipe the brush down extremely well before I apply, and use another wand to separate the lashes. You can get a very beautiful, subtle result that way. You can also build up quite some impressive volume if that is what you are after.

It stays on very well without flaking. However, if you don't take it off before you go to bed it WILL smudge halfway down your cheek. And it's really hard to remove! I'm going to dig up a makeup remover and see if that helps.

I also bought this in brown, but was very disappointed. I was think it would be the usual brown/black color, but it was bright sienna! Looks very weird on me, but might work for someone who wanted to really play up green eyes without looking like they had mascara on? I have naturally dark lashes, so it just lightened them up. Not what I was looking for.

on 7/2/2013 12:12:00 PM

I was in the market for a new mascara as all of the ones I had at home were making my lashes heavy and would not hold a curl at all. I didn't want to go back to my old standby (CG Lashblast volume) so I went out on a limb and ordered some Apple mascara from a wholesale site. I had to order a dozen of them, but they came out to be only $1.10 each!!!! I'm not sure if I have a different formula, as I have the one in the all black packaging and the tube only says "Super Lash" on it.

I was shocked to see the big huge brush pop out of the tube and wondered how in the world it would work on my lashes. I assumed a smudgy mess was about to ensue upon first application, but I was pleasantly surprised otherwise.

A background about my lashes - I have long lashes that normally hold a curl well. I do have to curl with my Japonesque power curler and I always, always, always apply a base coat of CG Lashblast Length as a primer of sorts.

The first time I applied this mascara I was blown away. It was everything I was looking for in a mascara - dark, dry formula, coated every lash without any clumps, lengthened and volumized all in a couple coats.

I'm happy to say my lashes stayed curled all day and I had ZERO smudges or flakes. I've worn this mascara everyday for a couple weeks now and I can honestly say I don't ever see myself straying from this.

on 4/15/2012 5:16:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love this mascara!! One thing I do have to say is that a lot of stores who sell this sell OLD mascara...hence, the dryness. Open it as soon as you buy it and check if the brush smoothly comes up. After a horrible experience with both waterproof and regular mascara from maybelline I had no eyelashes left! I tried this & immediately got compliments on them! This is my go-to mascara at all times. Make sure you do take your time applying it, you won't regret it! I also do always get the.pink & green one. Avocado wasn't that great for me :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

The very first time I used this mascara my friend asked me if I was wearing falsies. But, it was just all to this mascara and some curling! I have it in jojoba and the first thing that hit me when I opened the mascara was the smell. It kind of gives me a headache if I get a big whiff of it, it's not that very pleasing. But wow oh wow! This mascara does wonders!
The formula is a bit wet and more prone to smudging while waiting for it to dry, but it's not heavy at all and doesn't weight down my lashes and keeps them curled. I've had it on for about 8 hours and the curl to my lashes is still holding up. Also, it does not give your lashes that thick/hard feeling.
I purchased it on ebay for about $5-$6, but I've heard you can find these in little beauty shops for about $2-$3. So, if you do happen to find them I'd grab a few!

on 1/13/2011 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Ever since I went and curled my eyelashes with a spoon (damaged them so much that most fell out), I haven't been able to wear mascara, almost 4 years. I kept tying different types, both d/s and high end and the results were all the same. I would curl my eyelashes and all the mascaras would weigh them down, and make them all droopy. I eventually just gave up mascara altogether, but on a recent trip to Mexico, I decided to give this, Super Lash in black (black w/gold lettering tube), another called Italia Deluxe - XX L Define and Lengthening Waterproof mascara (white tube and black top) and another one called Alarga (purple tube w/ white lettering). All three of these cost me an equivalent of about 2-3 American dollars. The apple one was amazing, not only holding the curl, but making them look so long with every application. The last two can be bought in Mexican stores and flea markets, but work as well, if not not better than the apple mascara. They smell amazing (some mascaras can smell real funky) work the same as apple. Holding curl, adding length and volume. I haven't had a problem with them drying out, except one that got clumpy, but just closing them properly solves that. These have just worked so well for me, and for really good price.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I always see this mascara in the clothing stores by my house and never thought much of them but after reading the reviews on here I decided to try it out. I was surprised at how great it worked! It darkens your lashes and adds volume. You can get even thicker lashes by using a primer on your lashes before applying it. The one con I do notice is it tends to flake up and seems a little hard to take off. Other than that, I would highly recommend it, for the price it's a steal! I payed $1.50 for it! Don't be fooled by the price, it builds your lashes!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I have mixed reviews about this....I got this in Avocado, Almond and Mamey.
Firstly let me say that these are extremely cheap and quality wise I think it's worth your buck/or 0.99c.
I couldnt feel or see much difference between the three formulas at all, except for the scent, and yes they are a dry and thick formula. These do make your lashes stand out quiet well, they dont smudge which is fantastic because a lot of the more established brand with similar thick dry formula do smudge.
I got to admit these hold a curl in soo well, even though its formulation is thick, it feels extremely light on the lashes. It does clump a little bit. The mascara is just soo well black that it makes my lashes really prominent, thick and long, and because it holds the curl in very well, it makes my lashes look very dramatic.
Because these are a relatively unknown brand at only 0.99c from a place that I personally would not purchase makeup from, and the fact that I'm a brand snob. I'm always afraid that the formula might have some negative impact on my lashes if I continue with long term use of this (THIS IS JUST ME PERSONALLY). I spent a lot of time, and money getting my natural lashes to look as great as they do now, I dont want them to start falling out on me now, soo to me what I put on my lashes are very important.
Soo to me I think these mascaras were absolutely great, but I wont be repurchasing, I only wanted to try them and see what the raves about thats it.