Apple By Apple - Super Lash

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
 Apple By Apple - Super Lash
Apple By Apple - Super LashSuper Lash by Apple MascaraSuper Lash Mascara by Apple Cosmetics

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Alico 9 (odorless mineral spirits), beeswax, ozokerite, aluminum stearate, lanolin, propylparaben, bht, almond oil, ultramarines, manganese violet.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Certainly not the worst mascara ever but not worth repurchasing. While it smells nice (yeah, like that matters for mascara) and has a decent brush, the formula is clumpy and its hard to remove.

on 8/11/2010 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this off of eBay in the Black, Mamey, and Avocado, and really liked all of them. I didn't notice any real difference in formulation between the three, they were all a drier formula that gave good volume, did not clump and held my curled lashes. If I were to repurchase though, I think I would buy the Mamey over the others, because it smells like apples! This lasted all day on me without flaking or smudging, and removed fairly easily with my oil cleanser. This is definitely better after it thickens for a couple of weeks. When I first tried it, the formula was so dry that I would swipe it over my lashes, and it wouldn't really adhere to them, so I would try to put on coat after coat, without getting much results. But I'm glad I pulled it out again in a couple of weeks because it went on much smoother and I was able to get a nice dramatic look. This pretty much has everything that I look for in a mascara. I just wish it were more easily accessible where I live, instead of having to order online.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love trying new mascaras, searching for my HG, and this has become it!! I live near an area where these mascaras are readily available, so I've tried many different types (and I'm still not done yet). I've tried the mamey extract in the pink and green tube, the regular mamey, ceramides (in the all pink tube), almond, sabila (which is aloe vera), and avocado. So far I've gotten best results from the ceramides, but that one has been the most difficult for me to locate. Mamey extract has been a complete fail for me, leaving my lashes too natural looking...I love a full/fake lash look. The others I've tried are really great too, but it takes about a few days to a week of application to get the right consistancy. The mascaras smell like their distinct name. So far, sabila has the strongest scent, but it does go away after a short time. Where I'm at, these are on average $2 each. With the effect these give my lashes, and the cost, they are my HG mascara. I would totally pay sephora prices for these mascaras...good thing I don't have to!!

on 12/16/2009 3:22:00 AM

Price: 3 bottles for $13, free shipping + free Mamey + free black eyeliner
Packaging: Ugly and ghetto looking, but consider the price
Overall rating: 4 lippies
Why? Because this mascara is on par with some expensive brands. This is just as good as Fiberwig and Dior. I applies very dry but isn't as messy as the usual gooey wet mascara. I do about 3-4 coats and my lashes can compare to falsies. It's obviously long and thick in photos and doesn't smear and give me raccoon eyes than the usual mascara. I like the small size, just really picky with ugly looking bottles. I highly recommend getting Negro or Aloe Vera.
Would I buy this again? If I was broke and desperately needed mascara. Otherwise, I'll browse around a bit.

on 12/2/2009 4:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have this in the Avocado and Mamey. First the good: Curls my eyelashes like nothing I've ever seen before (with the help of a eyelash curler). Holds the curl for quite awhile. Doesn't seem to clump much. Dirt cheap. The bad: Both formulas flake like crazy on me. After wearing it for about 3 hours, under my lower eyelashes I look like a raccoon. The Mamey does seem to do it less than the Avocado, but it's still very noticeable. I use it when I'm just going to be going somewhere for a couple of hours (like out to dinner) because for the first 3 hours it looks great. As the day wears on...not so much. Not sure if I will bother to repurchase.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I have Sabila, Jojoba, Avocado, Mamey, and one other I can't remember right now.

Color: very black.

Consistency: soft, wax-based, very water resistant. I've tested it freshly applied overnight and it wakes up the same.

Finished appearance: well-defined lashes, blackened, can do 2-3 coats for more thickening, very easy to comb through and unclump.

Remarkable for price and combability, not a very dramatic look alone, can be topped with another for more oomph.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The only mascara that I love for my super straight short lashes. Will not uncurl them!!!. All mascaras that I have tried out there weigh my poor little lashes down after I use the eyelash curler. It won't really lengthen but it does make my lashes thicker (see pic above) I usually put one coat of this mascara on my lashes and let it dry (meanwhile I'll work on the rest of my face) if I don't let that first layer dry, my lashes will uncurl if I just apply layers and layers of mascara while it's still wet. After it's dry (approx. 3-5 minutes) I will apply more layers to achieve the thickness that I want. This is what works for me to keep the curl of my lashes. It can get a tiny bit clumpy, this is when my beloved Sonia Kashuk's metal eyelash comb comes in handy. Even when I cry I will not get racoon eyes..Super cheap I buy it for about $3.00 at a local boutique store, the packaging is not pretty, but that's the least of my concern because it's definetly my HG!

Update 7/22/09: The consistency of this mascara can get dry, but it still works. When applying this I wiggle the wand upwards between my lashes, instead of just brushing to get the mascara to really coat my lashes. One thing I don't like is how this mascara looks on my lower lashes since they are so sparse. (see pic above) I have to use a different mascara for my lower lashes which is Lancome's Hypnose. (see my 2nd pic above) But I won't take a lippie off because of this, it's the only one that works for me and I can't be without it!!!

Update 4/16/2011 If you find that the product inside the tube gets dry, try putting it in a 1/2 cup of warm water and let it sit there for a while. Make sure the cap is screwed tightly you don't water to go inside. After about 5 minutes your mascara should be good as new. It works every time for me!

on 3/26/2009 3:30:00 PM

I used to use this mascara it works really good i was very pleased with it.. it looks cheap but it works great!!

on 3/26/2009 7:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been using this mascara for a week and i'm really impressed by it. I am asian, therefore, i have stick straight short lashes that are hardly noticeable, but with this mascara I look like I have falsies on. With my eyelash curler and this mascara, my lashes look amazing! This mascara gives great volume, lengthen, holds a curl, wash off with soap and water, and it feels soft to the touch after it dries. And it does not flake, smudge, or clump (well it will if you do like 40 coats, but what mascara doesn't?). The texture I felt was creamy and smooth. It also has a pretty lasting scent that smells kind of like Garnier Fructis shampoos, which only you can smell when the air blows around you just right. I hear they also have an ingredient in them that helps lengthen your lashes, but I yet to have see that result.

The packaging however, is very humble and this is one of those things where you can't "judge a book by its cover". The brush is the default mascara brush. I feel it's a bit big to use because I always end up having mascara on my eyelids.

I have the Mamey one, which I kind of regret buying because there are some controversies out there that mamey seed oil has bacteria strains in it (google this for more info). There's a large selection of mascaras from this line and i highly suggest trying them except Mamey.

If you live in San Jose, CA, Eastridge's Amuse store sells them but make sure to open them to check if they're new, because the first one i purchased was missing its brush. They were nice enough to let me exchange it even though they have a no return/exchange policy, but since I checked right after I left the store, they knew I wasn't lying to them. I also heard 99 cent stores sell them too. Price ranges from 99 cents to 8 dollars i suppose, depending on where you buy them. At Amuse, I bought it for 2.99. Ebay also has a pretty good deal too if you can't find it near you.

Overall, I really do like this mascara even though the Mamey seed oil is iffy. This is near HG, but I still want to test their other ones from this line first. Next time I'm getting the regular black one or the avocado one.