Apple By Apple - Super Lash

Filtered by skin type : Oily
 Apple By Apple - Super Lash
Apple By Apple - Super LashSuper Lash by Apple MascaraSuper Lash Mascara by Apple Cosmetics

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

Alico 9 (odorless mineral spirits), beeswax, ozokerite, aluminum stearate, lanolin, propylparaben, bht, almond oil, ultramarines, manganese violet.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I was looking for a new mascara after a few bad batches of my favourite ISEHAN - Kiss Me Heroine mascara.

This mascara is not it. The bristles on the mascara wand itself are HUGE and I found it a pain to try to get to the roots of my lashes. The formula is quite dry and while it kept my Asian mid length lashes stay in a curl all day, I found the overall look too natural. I prefer something a bit more dramatic.

Also I have quite oily skin and by the end of the day the mascara would leave with giant panda eyes.

Definitely will not repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

My go-to mascara for years! I have tried numerous name brand mascaras and nothing compares to this one. I've used the red, brown and green Apple mascara and they're all fantastic! I curl my eyelashes with a spoon and this mascara keeps them lifted and curly, as opposed to name brand mascaras that only clump and make my lashes completely lose their curl. Extremely affordable, long-lasting & waterproof!

on 10/17/2013 2:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

It's inexpensive and works just as great as the drugstore brands, if not better! I am obsessed with buying mascaras so ive tried a whole lot! I would say this is my second-best, favorite mascara.

on 4/19/2012 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

I bought this when I was 13 and getting ready to go into High School and wanted something to make me feel older. I bought it at a local store with my allawonce money along with a huge bag of chips. This was my first mascara I had ever purchased and I didn't realize how great this product was. I thought all mascaras were supposed to curl, lenghten, volumize and separate at the same time just like this one. I used this for years and after a while I wanted to try out other brand name brands to compare. Wow the other mascaras just don't live up to the bar this little baby has put up. I have tried Tarte, Badgal Lash, Mac, Clinique (which is good), Estee Lauder, Maybelline, Cover girl, Loreal, Almay... The list goes on and some of them are good products but nothing compares to the Apple mascara that's 2 bucks! I make everyone believe I have wonderful naturaly curled and long lashes but nope its this product right here. I don't find it hard to remove at all, I use my Facial cleanser and it comes right off. The ability to hold a curl is better than any waterproof mascara I have tried, it doesn't clump and it doesn't flake. I love layering this with other mascaras and it still holds the curl. I actually find this product last longer than the high end brand, this can last me 6 months no problem where other brands last me 3, I hate bashing other mascaras but its true. I just love this mascara it holds a curl, volumizes, thickens them... This proves its not the wand but the formula. Buy this mascara!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My favorite mascara. I have the mamey one and the brush is pretty big and full. This is the ONLY (and i seriously mean only) mascara that holds my curl. It gives great volume and major length.
That's all I ask for in a mascara. I recommend that you throw this out after 3 months because it does get a tiny bit dry, resulting in minor clumps. But I've learned to work with mine after 5 months. It does not smudge, unless I put it on my lower lashes. So I use another mascara for that. I would totally recommend; every person I recommend this to who has tried it loves it:)! My favorite thing about it is that it can go from "wow" to "WOW!" ,meaning that if I put one coat it looks pretty. If I put 2 coats it gives my lashes better boost. If I put 3, dang!! Super long and voluminous. Love it! Worth the couple of dollars ;D
*update*
still loving this mascara. still HG. i recently bought the avacado one, and it works just as amazing as the mamey one. this hasnt hurt my eyebrow length or thickness, but i feel that it has made them a tiny bit brittle/weak. nothing that castor oil cant fix though! ^.^

on 12/26/2010 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was REALLY impressed with this mascara. Especially for its price. One of my friends was raving about this to me a while ago and since I've never heard of it or seen it around before, I assumed she got it over in Asia or it was super expensive. To my surprise, I found it at a random accessory store in my local mall for only $1.99 so I picked it up. It gives my lashes a lot of volume and length. It holds them pretty well but it could be better in my opinion. The only complaint I have is that it gets a bit clumpy at times which is annoying. Also, it leaves me with raccoon eyes at the end of the day and it's also kind of a pain in the butt to wash off (even with eye makeup remover)

on 8/10/2010 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I remember running into this product multiple times but never took a moment of my day to try it until I read the MUA reviews!

I have access to this both in the mall I work at and multiple places by my house. The cheapest I've found to pay per tube is $1.80!! That's dirt cheap! For the ladies (or men) in the San Fernando Valley area in SoCal, they're sold at Amuse stores! Both in Northridge Fashion Center and in Panorama Mall. It is $1.80 at Panorama (with a greater selection) and $2.00 at Northridge.

This is a review for the Avocado formula.

The first thing that caught my attention is the fact that the product wasn't sealed. I've been to one store that actually tapes around the opening preventing people from opening the mascara and possibly even testing it out for all I know. It wasn't sealed where I purchased mine but I wasn't able to open the tube to see if it was opened or not (masacara wand smudges around opening). That's one of the cons of this mascara -- the packaging at least.

A con about the product itself - I have noticed *slight* smudging on the bottom of the lash line. I'm not sure if that's from my gel liner or from the mascara itself. Another thing is that when I remove it and I was my face, I can see very little under my eye from left over. Could be that I haven't been taking off my mascara too well though. Regardless, I felt like that should be mentioned as well.

I like this formula very much - it feels very nourishing on my lashes because it contains avocado oil in it. I don't feel like my lashes are falling out every time I take off the mascara. I had that problem with L'oreal Voluminous. This mascara doesn't actually curl your lashes, but it holds curl very well if you curl them prior to applying it. I haven't noticed any flaking yet.

I have found that you can build up the intensity of the lashes fairly well, I haven't found this mascara to be dry. I've found it to be in the middle. Not dry, not wet. I've easily made my lashes look fake with this. I've also been able to pull off the natural look as well. Being able to do both with one mascara is extremely convenient. I have been able to clump the lashes at one point after applying it excessively but easily separates with a disposable mascara wand.

Another nice thing is that if you screw up and get mascara where it doesn't belong (eyeshadow, under eye, etc) it can be removed easily with a dry q-tip. This mascara is also very easy to remove at night.

All in all, it's a very good buy. Considering the price and what it can do for your lashes, I'll definitely buy again. I also plan to try all of the other formulas that they make. I believe they also make blue mascara in addition to clear and brown. I will be updating my review as I try out the mascaras.

Edit: I have tried the Black & Ceramides formula and they all work great! Only difference I noticed is that the brush on the Avocado formula is massive in comparison to the other ones (which is a standard size of mascara wand). Will keep testing other formulas. I'd also like to add that the cheapest that I've found it now was for $1 at Power Dollar. Bargain shopping pays off!! I got my aunt hooked on this, and shes taking 4+ tubes back home with her to Nicaragua. Now that says something.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Whenever I go to mexico, I always stock up on this mascara. Its amazing! I love it and its sooo cheap. I've tried a TON of american brand mascaras and they do nothing for my lashes- they always uncurl my eyelashes after I curl them, they smudge, they run, and the formula just sucks to me, its too wet to build up effectively. This mascara just holds the curl in my eyelashes, and I love how this mascara makes my eyelashes look fake :)
I usually use the almond oil, avocado, or mamey ones, and they have helped grow my eyelashes grow... I just love this mascara!

on 3/28/2010 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

HG HG HG HG
This is a review for the avocado one (creme&green tube)
I have very long, but thin Asian lashes that point straight down.
Being completely obsessed with mascara, I would layer on 5 different types of mascara to be satisfied with my lashes, then comb though multiply times to separate and de-clump my lashes.
However, now I don't have to use those 5 mascaras, just this baby! I'm constantly asked if I'm wearing false lashes, what mascara I use, or complemented on my "false" lashes.

PROS
*holds curl all day
*no flakes
* no clumps
*great fruity scent
*blackest black
*dirt cheap (I got mine for $3 each)
*cute packaging
*makes your lashes look like falsies

Cons
*hard to find

This works better than ANY department store mascara I've ever tried. Truely amazing. I think next time I go to the mall I'll buy 5 more bottles.

on 10/15/2009 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is amazing. My lashes are straight and other mascaras never seem to be able to hold the curl. But this stuff does! It doesn't clump, flake or irritate my eyes. I love it! I will definitely be buying more!