Apple By Apple - Super Lash

Apple By Apple - Super Lash
Apple By Apple - Super LashSuper Lash by Apple MascaraSuper Lash Mascara by Apple Cosmetics

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Alico 9 (odorless mineral spirits), beeswax, ozokerite, aluminum stearate, lanolin, propylparaben, bht, almond oil, ultramarines, manganese violet.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

in my opinion this is by far the best mascara in the world. I have tried over 15 mascara in a two month period. I have watch youtube reviews and always found myself buying a product that did NOTHING for my eyelashes. I've tried cover girl lash blast and other really known mascaras but they would usually smudge,flake making me have those raccoon eyes. I just got this mascara yesterday and let me tell you guys that it did not flake,smudge but rather made my eyelashes look so pretty and it wasso easy to take off with any make up remover. I have never done a review before but i believe that this mascara deserves it. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this mascara. This will be the first mascara in which i will repurchase over and over.

Cons:
They are not sold in your usual drugstore...well at least i haven't seen them.

Pros:
NO CLUMPS, NO SMUDGES, NORACCOON EYES, WORTH THE PRICE $2.50 , EYELASHES FEEL SO SOFT AFTER MANY COATS, A+ FOR BOTH VOLUME+ LENGTH AND HOLDS CURL.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I ordered this from a forum when I really wanted thick lashes like all the other Caucasian girls in school. By the time I actually got the product, I got over the sentiment and didn't care that much about my lashes, which are pin-straight albeit rather long. This mascara did not give me lashes like all the other Caucasian girls in school; but I don't blame it. What this mascara did do was behave much as other mascaras do but with a lighter touch: most mascaras weigh my freshly curled lashes down and I have to recurl; this one does not. This mascara doesn't do much for thickening, but defines individual lashes rather well. It's an all right mascara and it's not worse than any other drugstore mascara that I know of.

on 3/26/2009 7:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been using this mascara for a week and i'm really impressed by it. I am asian, therefore, i have stick straight short lashes that are hardly noticeable, but with this mascara I look like I have falsies on. With my eyelash curler and this mascara, my lashes look amazing! This mascara gives great volume, lengthen, holds a curl, wash off with soap and water, and it feels soft to the touch after it dries. And it does not flake, smudge, or clump (well it will if you do like 40 coats, but what mascara doesn't?). The texture I felt was creamy and smooth. It also has a pretty lasting scent that smells kind of like Garnier Fructis shampoos, which only you can smell when the air blows around you just right. I hear they also have an ingredient in them that helps lengthen your lashes, but I yet to have see that result.

The packaging however, is very humble and this is one of those things where you can't "judge a book by its cover". The brush is the default mascara brush. I feel it's a bit big to use because I always end up having mascara on my eyelids.

I have the Mamey one, which I kind of regret buying because there are some controversies out there that mamey seed oil has bacteria strains in it (google this for more info). There's a large selection of mascaras from this line and i highly suggest trying them except Mamey.

If you live in San Jose, CA, Eastridge's Amuse store sells them but make sure to open them to check if they're new, because the first one i purchased was missing its brush. They were nice enough to let me exchange it even though they have a no return/exchange policy, but since I checked right after I left the store, they knew I wasn't lying to them. I also heard 99 cent stores sell them too. Price ranges from 99 cents to 8 dollars i suppose, depending on where you buy them. At Amuse, I bought it for 2.99. Ebay also has a pretty good deal too if you can't find it near you.

Overall, I really do like this mascara even though the Mamey seed oil is iffy. This is near HG, but I still want to test their other ones from this line first. Next time I'm getting the regular black one or the avocado one.

on 3/26/2009 3:30:00 PM

I used to use this mascara it works really good i was very pleased with it.. it looks cheap but it works great!!

on 4/2/2009 9:48:00 PM

I've heard a lot of great things about this mascara and had to try it myself. I've been told that this mascara is perfect for asian lashes which are hard to keep curled all day long. I have the same concern and there were no other mascara that held my curl other than my HG Shiseido Lasting Lift mascara. (Please click on "continued" to see picture review)

Shiseido on my right eye( on your left). Apple on my left eye (on your right)

After 10 hours. With other mascaras my lashes would have been pointed down already! Still you can tell that Shiseido held my curls better but Apple wasn't that far considering the price.

So I've tried Apple mascara and pleasantly surprised how it in fact could hold my curl. I've got almost the same result as my $23 Shiseido for just $4 Apple mascara. Furthermore, it was easier to remove compared to Shiseido one which is a big plus. Another nice thing was after I put it my lashes felt soft unlike my Shiseido which hardens it. I guess it is thanks to the Mamey oil it has in it. Very much likely to replace my HG Shiseido mascara. I'm excited!!!
I bought it on Ebay 3 for $13. They didn't sell it individually, only lot of 3. So I have 2 more for swap if you'd like to try. I didn't list it yet so please just send me a message if you're interested. :)
Also I have more detailed review on my blog :) continued >>

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The only mascara that I love for my super straight short lashes. Will not uncurl them!!!. All mascaras that I have tried out there weigh my poor little lashes down after I use the eyelash curler. It won't really lengthen but it does make my lashes thicker (see pic above) I usually put one coat of this mascara on my lashes and let it dry (meanwhile I'll work on the rest of my face) if I don't let that first layer dry, my lashes will uncurl if I just apply layers and layers of mascara while it's still wet. After it's dry (approx. 3-5 minutes) I will apply more layers to achieve the thickness that I want. This is what works for me to keep the curl of my lashes. It can get a tiny bit clumpy, this is when my beloved Sonia Kashuk's metal eyelash comb comes in handy. Even when I cry I will not get racoon eyes..Super cheap I buy it for about $3.00 at a local boutique store, the packaging is not pretty, but that's the least of my concern because it's definetly my HG!

Update 7/22/09: The consistency of this mascara can get dry, but it still works. When applying this I wiggle the wand upwards between my lashes, instead of just brushing to get the mascara to really coat my lashes. One thing I don't like is how this mascara looks on my lower lashes since they are so sparse. (see pic above) I have to use a different mascara for my lower lashes which is Lancome's Hypnose. (see my 2nd pic above) But I won't take a lippie off because of this, it's the only one that works for me and I can't be without it!!!

Update 4/16/2011 If you find that the product inside the tube gets dry, try putting it in a 1/2 cup of warm water and let it sit there for a while. Make sure the cap is screwed tightly you don't water to go inside. After about 5 minutes your mascara should be good as new. It works every time for me!

This Mascara I have to say does not have fall off throughout the day. Buildable and a very good value. It seems to seperate lashes well. Nice Black Color very comparable to but not as good as my favorite Rimmel Long Lash (black tube). It one to buy in case of emergency's when you need one without wanting to pay the price. It's a casual not super dramatic mascara.

on 4/13/2009 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Thanks to the MUA'er who recommended this! I picked up 3 tubes on eBay for $13 and the seller threw in a 4th tube for free - can't beat that! I'm really impressed with this mascara. It volumizes more than lengthens, which is what I need, and it still manages to look natural.. No clumping or flaking, which I was suprised at because when you pull the brush out of the tube it looks like it would be kind of dry, but it isn't. I got 4 different kinds and I've primarily been using the Black - Negro shade. One of the other ones (green tube) is Aloe and it smells so good! I will definitely keep using Apple mascara, especially at this price!

on 6/10/2009 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have been using this mascara for a very long time, and it is by far my most favorite one ever!! I use the mamey extract one, it works great!!! People always ask me if I'm wearing false eyelashes, and ofcourse I say no, and tell them about this little baby!! It not only does wonders for my lashes but it is only 2 dollars where I live (L.A) and it is sold everywhere!! I also have one of the other formulas, the avocado one, but it gives my lashes a more natural look, and this one (Mamey) makes them look super full, long, and great!, it doesnt flake on me at all, and when its time to wash my face, it comes off in a second!, It also does not irritate my sensitive eyes at all. I was introduced to it by my cousins who live in Mexico, and Im very grateful, cus I will never trade this mascara for any other one. Sometimes when it gets a lil dry I just use my blow dryer on it and it gets all nice and moist again, and it make my lashes look even darker, and more full at thebase of the lashes because its a little thinner, but still does the same great job!! I have already bought many of them!

on 7/18/2009 1:10:00 PM

i am so happy that i read the reviews for this mascara and gave it a try. i used 2 coats and my lashes looked amazing. this mascara gave me everything you would want from a mascara. i got volumn, lenght, a great holding curl, lasted all day, not flakes or smudges, and my lashes felt soft. i applied this mascara at 9:00 am and at 6:00 pm my lashes still looked great. i will buy this agian and will keep using it until i cant find it anymore. i bought it from ebay for 4.50 including shipping.