Eyeko Eye Beauty in Pretty Eyes

Eyeko Eye Beauty in Pretty Eyes

2.4

This is such a lovely little thing for the price.
Pro's:
5 shadows in one place, all very pigmented and come with the right amount of shimmer.
Con's:
Packaging isn't as girly as it could be but I'll get over it.
Overall:
Worth it, would buy again.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I dont like this product.
i was really exited about it first.
but it doesnt have great colour pay-off.
when you swatch it on your hand it seems fine, not the best quality but just fine.
but when you put it on, its just shimmer.. all of it.
well if you put the purple and white next to each other, you can see the other one has a purple undertone.
but its nothing like the eyeshadow in the pan
its really sheer and you have to use alot to make it show up.

I actually don't like this colour. The only reason I have it is because there was mix up when ordering and I got sent this instead of Sexy eyes. The colours are: sand shimmer, white shimmer, lavender shimmer, cool light fusia, and a warm pink with gold shimmer. It's a very girly mix and although it doesn't look too bad, it's not really my taste. This palette is much like Pop's Eye Cake, it has five shadows in one large tin; all five shadows are on the same cake and each colour is on seperate strip. The texture of this shadow is awful. It's quite waxy and has barely any pigment. It's not very layerable because it tends to get clump up and look flakey. No, I would not repurchase.

on 4/24/2009 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I got this for free as a christmas present last year from eyeko for being an ambassador. When I first look at it, wow nice tin case! I really wanted to love this product but it doesn't have that satin-ish texture. Its kind of chalky and not that great and the texture is rough (i think that's the word lol I need to widen my vocab) just like rimmel's eyeshadows which I'm not too fond of. The pigmentation was okay, i guess but not that great :(

on 9/8/2009 4:03:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

after using this product for quite a while I need to change my review. I love most Eyeko products but this one is just a so-so purchase. I bought both the pretty eyes and the cool eyes. the colors look great in the tin but pigmentation is really low. you need to add layers of product to finally make the color visible. the texture is a bit chalky also. and, it fades really easily without a GOOD primer underneath (or the Eyeko cream, which actually works really well for this product).
I mean - for daily use, especially if you don't need your make up to last long, is nice, I would just not rely on it for a night out, or something like that. I would not repurchase, but I am using it on a regular basis. and the packaging is too cute...