Eyeko Pastel Polish

Pastel Polish

3.2

on 6/10/2010 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I really like Eyeko's polishes - own probably 8 right now. This one has turned out to be one of my favorites because of the curious litmus-ish color it gives off. The first coat is very filmsy so a second and third are always needed - it looks very streaky if you only give it 2 coats, at least in my case.

The bottle is adorable and probably what lured me into getting Eyeko polishes in the first place, although the presentation of the new ones is way easier to use.

Took away a lippie because on the downside of this really cute color and most of Eyeko's polishes, it starts chipping at around the 3rd day or so and I've never been a fan of retouching in such short notice.

on 4/15/2010 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is a really reasonably priced nail polish and although it looks tiny itís full of product and contains the same amount as the Barry M polishes. The packaging is so cute! It is milk bottle shaped and is easy to open. There is a flaw to the packaging though and this is the only thing I donít like about it. It is very fiddly to apply and the brush moves around a bit and isnít very secure. This means that you have to reapply it a few times to make it neat and you can make a bit of a mess! Eyeko should consider making the brush firmly stuck into the lid a bit better. It has a thin consistency so if you spill it it is likely to go everywhere- especially as the opening is really big. On the first coat it has a light coverage and is a little bit transparent. This is good if you donít want your nails to be too blue. After the second coat it looks a lot like the colour in the bottle and covers the nail completely. It dries in 3 to 4 minutes and works well with a clear base and top coat. Overall I love this product- the colour is lovely and the packaging is cute- if Eyeko improved the brush it would be perfect!

on 4/2/2010 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Palest babyblue wtih shimmer. I was a nightmare to apply, I did 3 coats and it was still uneven and streaky. But the color is beautiful and summery, and the package is just so adorable.

Would I buy this product again? Because of the color, and despise of the application.

I love this nail polish. It doesn't chip, it's not too thin, but not too goopy either. Some others mentioned they had difficulty with it because it looked streaky. I applied it over one thin coat of Eyeko Vintage and I had no issues with streaking. On it's own however, I do see how it would. Only took one coat of Pastel to be opaque.
It is a cool minty blue, with green and purple tones. It appears more green on the website, in my opinion. I was shocked for how blue it was.
I took one lippie off because of the brush/top combination. As adorable as the screw cap may be, it is a little awkward to hold and use. And the brush isn't the best.

on 11/10/2009 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I really like Eyeko, but this is not one of their best products. I got a really good deal when I bought this nail polish, £5,40 for all 6 colors. This color was the first one I tried and I was not impressed. I applied 3 coats and it was still streaky. I was really excited about this color as well, but it turned out the be "tinted" tipex (minty baby blue color with blueish/purpley reflex)

I give it two lippies because of the price and the cute packaging. But overall it's not a good nail polish, and I will not repurchase.

If anyone would likes this nail polish, please do contact me. I'll put it up for swaping.

Beautiful aquamarine colour, but this has to be the most streaky polish I have ever used.

Took 4 coats and still ended up with streaks and bare patches.

Maybe I just got one from a poor batch:( , but would not repurchase.
Will try with ridge filler next time in case to see if that makes a difference.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Overall a very nice nail polish, a pretty light blue with a slight shimmer. It applys very well it takes about 2 coats to get a good colour ( I do three just to be sure) It drys pretty fast which is always good if your in a rush. Very cute packaging and will probably purchase some more.

on 4/19/2009 2:18:00 PM

i bought this because the light aquamarine shade is my ALLTIME fave colour and i'm nuts about it. It retails at around £1.95, so pretty dirt cheap. As for the polish itself, very very watery in consistance and takes about 3 coats to get an opaque matte finish, so a bit of a bummer. Overall for the price i'd say it was realy cute and would buy again :)

I love the unique colour is like a pale blue/grey with a slight lilac shimmer although it looks like a matte polish in the bottle. The bottle is tiny but so so cute and I think the price is great-I'd rather have little bottles rather than big ones that dry up quickly.
I do find it takes 3 coats to get a streak free finish and it does take forever to dry so i ended up chipping mine :( however for the price I don't really care and would buy this all over again!

As with the Vamp Polish, part of the reason why I bought this was that the bottle was too cute. The colour of this polish is a gorgeous baby blue with a tiny bit of blue shimmer (it's a creme). It's quite pretty and unique. The polish chips quite easily and doesn't last that long. Although the bottle is cute, the cap makes it difficult to hold when painting and the opening of the bottle is rather large. I would buy this again however because it isn't TOO expensive, ~$6 USD.

Popular Polishes