Skinceuticals Eye balm

3.5

on 1/4/2013 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I bought this after my derm introduced to Skinceuticals. Now I am 20, yes you may think I'm a bit young for eye creams but I'd rather take care of my skin now rather than try to rewind it when I am older. Anyways for the longest time, it didn't do anything. I didn't notice anything changing with my eye texture, mind you I didn't need it to do a whole lot but I have slight darkness which I thought it would help with. The texture of the balm is easy to apply and very creamy. My sister and I used it for about 6 months, and the jar is almost finished. But in the past month or 2 it recently has been stinging my eyes. I do not put it on the day time anymore (I did), but rather the night time. The balm travels into my eyes and stings for a while. I have noticed that even when I put a little bit on, and ensuring it doesn't get near the mucous, it somehow still does and it stings. It didn't make my eyes red though, or itchy, it just stung. My sister felt the same way about it. I know it's not the weather causing my eyes to be a bit more sensitive, nor is it because I have sensitive eyes in general. I have been using different eye creams and none of them have stung. What I have learned is, I'm sure most of you know, is that to prevent the wrinkles that you can (not caused by genetics, lifestyle, et cetera) all you need to is moisturize. And for the eye area, make sure you don't rub. Moisturization = healed skin = not cracked skin = no wrinkles. So instead of spending a LOT of money on this balm, if I remember correctly it probably was $90, or $60 (still high) just try to find one with caffeine in it because that will indeed help with the eye texture. Please ladies, there is no need to waste your money on this!

on 9/14/2011 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I'm bummed because I've finished my jar. I love this product but it's so expensive! The good thing is you only need to apply a tiny amount because of it's emollient nature. It's the first eye cream that really works on my dry and often puffy eyes - I can feel and see the difference. My skin just loves it. Make-up goes on beautifully too. Its meant for mature/aging skin so they've heaped plenty of goodness in it. I'm only 31 and don't quite fall into that category but this without a doubt is something I will repurchase when my budget allows for it.

The only downside apart from the price is the fact that it comes in a jar which according to the Cosmetic Cop may lead the product ingredients to lose its efficacy.

Top Rated Treatments (Eye)