BioSilk Silk Strate

BioSilk Silk Strate

3.4

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this on clearance at ULTA yesterday and its going to be returned tomorrow. I thought this would be like silk therapy and leave my previously bleached strands feeling softer but it did nothing. I have coarse wavy over-processed hair that I normally wash at night before bed and I don't like sleeping with any products in my hair. So for me I need hair products to apply to dry hair in the morning; when I applied this to my dry hair it made my hair shine but left my locks feeling dry still. I will stick with using CHIs silk infusion. I also didn't like the texture and consistency of this product as it was too watery.

Moral of the story: Most items are on Clearance for a reason!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I've actually bought this stuff 3 times in a row. I like that it leaves my hair really smooth. I use it in conjunction with Silk Therapy and they work well together with a straghtening iron. My hair looks better when I use both products.

I am addicted to flat ironing/blow drying. This product stinks for me. It made my hair soft but super dry.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This stuff works GRRREAT! I was kinda skeptic buying it at first, but then I realized I had my free stuff b/c of my Trade Secret card. So when I got home, I had to go to my little cousin's dance recital and you have to dress up for that. I washed my hair as usual and put this stuff in when my hair was damp. After blowdrying, it was soooo straight! The only part I had to flat iron was the back of my head which does weird flippy things. I love this stuff b/c my hair was so silky soft! This stuff doesn't take much so I'll have this bottle for a while!

on 11/14/2005 1:29:00 AM

i love this product.. it really keeps my hair STICK straight.

on 5/28/2005 1:33:00 AM

I have to agree with the user mzgrvr. . . I have thick, coarse ethnic hair (filipino/black) that is occasionally relaxed. I bought this stuff today and I'm IN LOVE!! I relaxed my hair a few days ago, deep conditioned it twice, and prior to applying Silk Strate, I also applied some Lanza Urban Elements Leave-in. I'm glad I did since some reviews complain about dryness. Not only did it make blowing out my hair easier, it added shine and gloss once I ran a flat-iron through my hair. I eliminated the use of a protectant, pomade, and finishing gloss! I also separated my hair and applied Silk Strate to each part, rather than my whole head of hair at one time, which makes the most out of this product. I simply cannot believe I got these results at home -- my hair looks like I used a ceramic flat-iron, and it's just a "vintage" Babybliss original! ($12.25 seemed like a lot for 11.6 fl oz, but where a good flat-iron is concerned, who cares?)

on 5/28/2004 6:54:00 PM

This is a great straightener - it made my hair smooth, straight, and helps with frizzies. Not to mention that it has that divine Biosilk scent! I don't think this is the best straightening product out there, but it is very good!

on 4/28/2004 8:54:00 PM

I have straight hair and was looking for soemthing to make my hair ultra-straight/sleek. Doesn't work for me. It also appears to be making my hair drier when i use this.Overall useless. Will not rebuy, the original silk therapy is way better.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This smells good and comes in a pretty big bottle, but my L'Oreal Ironing Gel works just as well for 1/4 the price.

on 7/23/2003 1:55:00 AM

got really curly wild hair and this works real well as a frizz tamer watered down in a bottle and smoothed over hair.

Popular Styling Products