Biosilk Silk Strate

Biosilk Silk Strate

3.4

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This stuff works GRRREAT! I was kinda skeptic buying it at first, but then I realized I had my free stuff b/c of my Trade Secret card. So when I got home, I had to go to my little cousin's dance recital and you have to dress up for that. I washed my hair as usual and put this stuff in when my hair was damp. After blowdrying, it was soooo straight! The only part I had to flat iron was the back of my head which does weird flippy things. I love this stuff b/c my hair was so silky soft! This stuff doesn't take much so I'll have this bottle for a while!

on 11/14/2005 1:29:00 AM

i love this product.. it really keeps my hair STICK straight.

on 5/28/2005 1:33:00 AM

I have to agree with the user mzgrvr. . . I have thick, coarse ethnic hair (filipino/black) that is occasionally relaxed. I bought this stuff today and I'm IN LOVE!! I relaxed my hair a few days ago, deep conditioned it twice, and prior to applying Silk Strate, I also applied some Lanza Urban Elements Leave-in. I'm glad I did since some reviews complain about dryness. Not only did it make blowing out my hair easier, it added shine and gloss once I ran a flat-iron through my hair. I eliminated the use of a protectant, pomade, and finishing gloss! I also separated my hair and applied Silk Strate to each part, rather than my whole head of hair at one time, which makes the most out of this product. I simply cannot believe I got these results at home -- my hair looks like I used a ceramic flat-iron, and it's just a "vintage" Babybliss original! ($12.25 seemed like a lot for 11.6 fl oz, but where a good flat-iron is concerned, who cares?)

on 4/28/2003 8:21:00 PM

This stuff is amazing!! I love it!! I used to be completley dedicated to TiGi Control Freak, but since buying a Chi a few months ago, I decided to try the Farouk products that are specially made to use with it. This stuff is amazing and a must have for the days I blow out my hair. I also use Paul Mitchell Heat Seal, so I have not noticed the drying effect noted by other reviewers. This stuff is rather cashy though, $16 for a 11.5oz bottle, but I will pay the price. I have gotten the best results with this product by applying it section by section as I get ready to blow dry and when my hair is dry I shoot it with a blast of cool air, and this combination controls my crazy flyaways all day. This stuff is a new HG for me!

Wow, this stuff is amazing! My holy grail straightner used to be Clinique but this is my new fav. It leaves my hair strong, shiny, moisturized, silky and smells great too! :) This didn't weigh down my hair as much as the Clinique.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I've actually bought this stuff 3 times in a row. I like that it leaves my hair really smooth. I use it in conjunction with Silk Therapy and they work well together with a straghtening iron. My hair looks better when I use both products.

on 5/28/2004 6:54:00 PM

This is a great straightener - it made my hair smooth, straight, and helps with frizzies. Not to mention that it has that divine Biosilk scent! I don't think this is the best straightening product out there, but it is very good!

on 7/23/2003 1:55:00 AM

got really curly wild hair and this works real well as a frizz tamer watered down in a bottle and smoothed over hair.

on 10/13/2001 10:34:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Another GREAT Biosilk product! I mix this with the Biosilk Glazing Gel and my naturally curly hair just loves it!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This smells good and comes in a pretty big bottle, but my L'Oreal Ironing Gel works just as well for 1/4 the price.