Biosilk Silk Strate

Biosilk Silk Strate

3.4

on 7/16/2001 11:44:00 PM

A nice lightweight product with silk--not sure if it actually helped style my hair too much though! I prefer kiehl's silk goom and biosilk silk therapy for more styling power.

on 7/27/2001 10:59:00 PM

not sure if this did anything for my hair, but for now, i'm satisfied. i think i'd buy this again if i was swapping or if it was on sale somewhere.

on 10/13/2001 10:34:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Another GREAT Biosilk product! I mix this with the Biosilk Glazing Gel and my naturally curly hair just loves it!

Wow, this stuff is amazing! My holy grail straightner used to be Clinique but this is my new fav. It leaves my hair strong, shiny, moisturized, silky and smells great too! :) This didn't weigh down my hair as much as the Clinique.

on 12/19/2002 1:25:00 PM

because my hair cannot live w/o biosilk's silk therapy, i thought i would give its "silk strate" a shot. i used it once and never touched it again. it didn't do anything to my hair (might have even made it more dry)...a definite waste of money IMO.

on 3/4/2003 3:35:00 PM

It definitely helped to straighten my naturally thick, wavy hair. But it dried it out as well. Maybe if used in conjunction with a serum it wouldn't be as dry. Pretty big bottle, but still kind of expensive in my opinion.

on 4/28/2003 8:21:00 PM

This stuff is amazing!! I love it!! I used to be completley dedicated to TiGi Control Freak, but since buying a Chi a few months ago, I decided to try the Farouk products that are specially made to use with it. This stuff is amazing and a must have for the days I blow out my hair. I also use Paul Mitchell Heat Seal, so I have not noticed the drying effect noted by other reviewers. This stuff is rather cashy though, $16 for a 11.5oz bottle, but I will pay the price. I have gotten the best results with this product by applying it section by section as I get ready to blow dry and when my hair is dry I shoot it with a blast of cool air, and this combination controls my crazy flyaways all day. This stuff is a new HG for me!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This smells good and comes in a pretty big bottle, but my L'Oreal Ironing Gel works just as well for 1/4 the price.

on 7/23/2003 1:55:00 AM

got really curly wild hair and this works real well as a frizz tamer watered down in a bottle and smoothed over hair.

on 4/28/2004 8:54:00 PM

I have straight hair and was looking for soemthing to make my hair ultra-straight/sleek. Doesn't work for me. It also appears to be making my hair drier when i use this.Overall useless. Will not rebuy, the original silk therapy is way better.

Popular Styling Products