Murad Oil-Control Mattifier

Murad Oil-Control Mattifier
Oil-Control Mattifier

Active Ingredients: Ensulizole 1.0%, Octinoxate 7.5%, Zinc Oxide 3.0% Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Corn Starch Modified, Butylene Glycol, Chitosan Ascorbate, Polyglyceryl-3 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Triethoxysilylethyl Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Hexyl Dimethicone, Farnesyl Acetate, Panthenyl Triacetate, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Extract, Serenoa Serrulata (Saw Palmetto) Fruit Extract, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Extract, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Seed Oil, Sodium PCA, Betaine, Sorbitol, Glycine, Alanine, Proline, Serine, Threonine, Arginine, Lysine, Glutamic Acid, Capryloyl Glycine, Sarcosine, Cinnamomum Zeylancium Bark Extract, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Acrylates Copolymer, Magnesium Carbonate, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Dicaprylyl Ether, Niacinamide, Yeast Extract, Aesculus Hippocastanum (Horse Chesnut) Seed Extract, Titanium Dioxide, Algae Extract, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Panthenol, Zinc Gluconate, Caffeine, Xanthan Gum, Acrylates Crosspolymer, Polyglyceryl-2 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Biotin, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Aminomethyl Propanol, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Chloride, Propyl Gallate, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin

on 9/3/2017 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

This lotion made me extremely oily which is the total opposite of what it's suppose to do. It's nice that I wasn't breaking out but it also doesn't get rid of my acne. I will not re-purchase.

on 8/26/2017 12:17:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I'm an oily as you can get and have been searching far and wide so that miracle product that will cut my blotting times in half at least. This didn't help me 100% but I don't except any product to do that anymore. Although this is the closest thing I have found to help control my oil! I definitely don't blot nearly as much as I usually would and when I do get oily it looks more "dewy" rather than full on oil slick.

on 6/29/2016 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Okay so I have major oil control issues when it comes to my nose. By about midday, my makeup is gone and extremely shiny. So far, I have tried LOADS of foundations/primers/powders/setting sprays to no avail.

Primers that didn't control oil: Instablur, One Heck of a Blot (primer), Mac Prep and Prime Skin, Too Faced Primed and Poreless

Foundations that didn't control oil: Armani Luminous Skin (my HG but cracks on nose and turns very oily), Estee Lauder Double Wear, Makeup Forever Ultra HD (made my nose look like a mirror after 2 hours - worst oil ever), Smashbox Studio Skin, Armani Lasting Silk, Revlon Colorstay, Urban Decay Naked Skin, Mac Mineralise

Setting spray that didn't control oil: Urban Decay All Nighter

After using the Murad mattifier, my nose stays shine free for 12 hours. Seriously. I got home after work and my makeup was still fully in tact (usually any physical contact with my SO leaves my face patchy, but not this time!) The oil started coming through around 7pm.

Cannot believe the results. The smell is not an issue for me, it fades very quickly. It doesn't even feel clogged or thick once applied, it just feels like skin.
I can use this alone or underneath primer and my makeup is good all day. Even my HG Luminous Skin which does NOT stay put for long on my nose is still looking good 12 hours later.

Shocked!

on 10/19/2016 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I dealt with overly oily skin for a few years until I realized it was because my skin was dehydrated. Once I focused on hydrating my skin I realize my skin isn't as oily as I thought it was (I don't even have to blot my chin!) however one thing that has not changed is my nose. My nose is a complete oil slick. Honestly, it's the only thing I have to blot aside from my forehead that gets moderately oily.

With that being said I am looking for something that mattifies my skin all day without having to blot. I previously used BEM but someone suggested Murad.

First things first, I actually love the packaging. The nozzle allows you to get as much or as little as you like. The texture threw me off a little as it really is a lotion. I didn't think a lotion could possible mattify and felt more secure with BEM's gel/primer texture. When you rub this primer in it dries invisibly which is nice if you want to wear it without makeup. A definite plus over BEM. It isn't so thick to me and is really easy to rub in. It does have a slight smell, like tea tree oil, but it disappears quickly. You may want to let it sit a few minutes. I notice when I do that I can feel it getting somewhat matte on my face. Also, I only apply this to my t-zone.

It lasts around the same time as BEM, which is about 6 or so hours. One pro over the BEM is that only my nose and forehead seem oily and not the inner cheek area so it does *slightly* work better than BEM.

Overall I will continue to use this but I am still looking for a 5 star primer.

on 7/30/2017 8:54:00 AM

This is hands down my HG day time moisturiser.

I have combination skin, with and oily T zone and sometimes dry cheeks. I have tried just about every mattifying moisturiser under the sun - Dermalogica, Clinique, Origins, Paula's choice, the list goes on. Nothing worked, and some don't even have SPF.

Then I found this via Makeupalley and decided to try it. The packaging is great, the tube comes with a nozzle head which makes for a hygienic and well-controlled application every single time. The consistency is a bit weird, as it's quite similar to Clag glue - white, gluggy and thick. However, it quickly absorbs to become invisible. Not much fragrance.

It's a fairly light moisturiser, despite its texture. During summer and spring, I boost it with a Kiehl's essence and a Dr Jart serum prior to applying this product (note - I live in Australia, we have pretty harsh summers). I use this all year round, as well as when I travel overseas, adding an additional hyaluronic moisturiser during winter (currently: IT Cosmetics Confidence In A Cream).

All I can say is that as far as mattifying bases go, this one is a winner for me. It makes my makeup last longer when paired with my primer (Benefit Pore-fessional), and I don't use setting powder or sprays to finish my skincare regime.

on 3/5/2017 9:17:00 AM

I got this as part of the 30 day trial kit from sephora. The texture feels and smells like thick glue. Takes a bit of pressure to spread. I wouldn't agree that this product mattifies, but it didn't make me look greasy either. Without powder my face stayed matte-ish for 8 hours. Seemed to moisturize enough for this winter.

Not exactly what I expected, but still worked well in the end. I'm not sure I would repurchase though, as for the price they charge for a full size ($50 Cad for 1.5 oz), I'd like there to be a higher spf so I could use it in the warmer seasons.

I had known about this product years before I finally tried it. I only heard good things about it, but I did not like this product. The main thing I wanted it for was oil control and to prime my skin before applying makeup to prevent breakouts. I found that I broke out more while using this product in places I hadn't broken out in in months! The consistency of this product is thick and sticky JUST like glue! It even smells a little like Elmer's glue. I used it for a month and did not notice any good changes to my skin. If anything it has gotten worse in terms of acne. Very unfortunate. I returned it and got the Exuviance Matte Perfection instead which I 100% trust and recommend for oily/acne prone skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Good moisturiser but it's nothing special IMO. This is probably because I don't have particularly oily skin, my skin type is normal with slight oil towards the end of the day on my t-zone. It has a nice texture, absorbs quickly to make your skin "matte" almost and doesn't break me out, a miracle in itself. The price is kind of expensive but I believe moisturiser is one step that should be invested in!

on 3/4/2016 12:41:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This stuff is HG for me in the spring/summer when it's hot and humid. In the winter it's too drying for me, but this stuff really is amazing. Before I found this moisturizer I had pretty much given up on trying to control oil on my t-zone. I was skeptical when the Sephora employee suggested it, but she seemed sincere, so I decided to give it one last shot. I'm so glad I did! I would recommend this to anyone trying to control oil. It didn't break me out, packaging is nice, and it doesn't have a strong scent. It does have a thick consistency that makes it a little hard to rub in. Honestly, I couldn't care less about that considering the results I get. The price is pretty high, but again, worth it for the results.

on 3/16/2016 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I wish I would have found this 20 years ago. This is such a great moisturizer that doesn't leave my skin feeling greasy and actually WORKS! I have a terribly oily face and makeup didn't last for more than an hour or two at MOST because it would just slide off or look like the grease on a pizza. I am so in love with this product I have already bought another. The only problem is I try to use the same amount of moisturizer as any other and I wind up with too much. It takes such a small amount and I can't get over or convince you that it WORKS!!! :P I DON'T EVEN HAVE TO POWDER OR BLOT MY FACE ANYMORE!!! UNBELIEVABLE PRODUCT.