Murad Oil-Control Mattifier

Murad Oil-Control Mattifier

Active Ingredients: Ensulizole 1.0%, Octinoxate 7.5%, Zinc Oxide 3.0% Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Corn Starch Modified, Butylene Glycol, Chitosan Ascorbate, Polyglyceryl-3 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Triethoxysilylethyl Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Hexyl Dimethicone, Farnesyl Acetate, Panthenyl Triacetate, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Extract, Serenoa Serrulata (Saw Palmetto) Fruit Extract, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Extract, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Seed Oil, Sodium PCA, Betaine, Sorbitol, Glycine, Alanine, Proline, Serine, Threonine, Arginine, Lysine, Glutamic Acid, Capryloyl Glycine, Sarcosine, Cinnamomum Zeylancium Bark Extract, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Acrylates Copolymer, Magnesium Carbonate, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Dicaprylyl Ether, Niacinamide, Yeast Extract, Aesculus Hippocastanum (Horse Chesnut) Seed Extract, Titanium Dioxide, Algae Extract, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Panthenol, Zinc Gluconate, Caffeine, Xanthan Gum, Acrylates Crosspolymer, Polyglyceryl-2 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Biotin, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Aminomethyl Propanol, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Chloride, Propyl Gallate, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin

on 6/29/2016 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Okay so I have major oil control issues when it comes to my nose. By about midday, my makeup is gone and extremely shiny. So far, I have tried LOADS of foundations/primers/powders/setting sprays to no avail.

Primers that didn't control oil: Instablur, One Heck of a Blot (primer), Mac Prep and Prime Skin, Too Faced Primed and Poreless

Foundations that didn't control oil: Armani Luminous Skin (my HG but cracks on nose and turns very oily), Estee Lauder Double Wear, Makeup Forever Ultra HD (made my nose look like a mirror after 2 hours - worst oil ever), Smashbox Studio Skin, Armani Lasting Silk, Revlon Colorstay, Urban Decay Naked Skin, Mac Mineralise

Setting spray that didn't control oil: Urban Decay All Nighter

After using the Murad mattifier, my nose stays shine free for 12 hours. Seriously. I got home after work and my makeup was still fully in tact (usually any physical contact with my SO leaves my face patchy, but not this time!) The oil started coming through around 7pm.

Cannot believe the results. The smell is not an issue for me, it fades very quickly. It doesn't even feel clogged or thick once applied, it just feels like skin.
I can use this alone or underneath primer and my makeup is good all day. Even my HG Luminous Skin which does NOT stay put for long on my nose is still looking good 12 hours later.

Shocked!

I had known about this product years before I finally tried it. I only heard good things about it, but I did not like this product. The main thing I wanted it for was oil control and to prime my skin before applying makeup to prevent breakouts. I found that I broke out more while using this product in places I hadn't broken out in in months! The consistency of this product is thick and sticky JUST like glue! It even smells a little like Elmer's glue. I used it for a month and did not notice any good changes to my skin. If anything it has gotten worse in terms of acne. Very unfortunate. I returned it and got the Exuviance Matte Perfection instead which I 100% trust and recommend for oily/acne prone skin.

To Read all 180 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Good moisturiser but it's nothing special IMO. This is probably because I don't have particularly oily skin, my skin type is normal with slight oil towards the end of the day on my t-zone. It has a nice texture, absorbs quickly to make your skin "matte" almost and doesn't break me out, a miracle in itself. The price is kind of expensive but I believe moisturiser is one step that should be invested in!

on 3/16/2016 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I wish I would have found this 20 years ago. This is such a great moisturizer that doesn't leave my skin feeling greasy and actually WORKS! I have a terribly oily face and makeup didn't last for more than an hour or two at MOST because it would just slide off or look like the grease on a pizza. I am so in love with this product I have already bought another. The only problem is I try to use the same amount of moisturizer as any other and I wind up with too much. It takes such a small amount and I can't get over or convince you that it WORKS!!! :P I DON'T EVEN HAVE TO POWDER OR BLOT MY FACE ANYMORE!!! UNBELIEVABLE PRODUCT.

on 3/4/2016 12:41:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This stuff is HG for me in the spring/summer when it's hot and humid. In the winter it's too drying for me, but this stuff really is amazing. Before I found this moisturizer I had pretty much given up on trying to control oil on my t-zone. I was skeptical when the Sephora employee suggested it, but she seemed sincere, so I decided to give it one last shot. I'm so glad I did! I would recommend this to anyone trying to control oil. It didn't break me out, packaging is nice, and it doesn't have a strong scent. It does have a thick consistency that makes it a little hard to rub in. Honestly, I couldn't care less about that considering the results I get. The price is pretty high, but again, worth it for the results.

on 2/13/2016 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I wanted to like this so much! However, it broke me out like no product has in years!!! Super nasty cystic lesions on my forehead... painful. I like the thick consistency and it did it's job as far as keeping shine down. Unfortunately this didn't work for me. When I returned it to Ulta, the girl helping me said she had trouble with Murad breaking her out too. Not sure I'll try anything else from Murad.

I had high hopes for this but unfortunately it broke me out. It did control oil and didn't feel greasy on my face but if you have sensitive acne prone skin like I do this is not your best option. I got a sample size from Sephora and broke out within a couple days of using it. I also wish it had a higher SPF. The search for an SPF moisturizer for my skin continues.

I will be honest here, I am really bad skin. Not only is my skin oily and acne prone, but also very sensitive. So using harsh drying products to try to clear my skin doesn't work. After much money spent and much frustration, my grandma purchased this moisturizer, along with the clarifying cleanser for me.

This is honestly a great product for anyone who has oily and/or sensitive skin. This fully moisturizes without feeling greasy or heavy. It doesn't look greasy or oily on my skin either. It actually helps to control the oil on my face.

This product doesn't really have a smell. It is a little on the heavy side for moisturizers, but it doesn't feel it once you put it on your skin. It is white, but goes on clear, and skins in immediately.

I understand that this is a little pricey at about $40 a bottle, but if you are willing to spend the money, I wholeheartedly recommend this product.

on 12/29/2015 11:25:00 PM

Let me say right out that I love this product, but it was not what I was expecting. I bought this product from Sephora thinking it was going to be a light weight moisturizer that kept my skin from being too oily. I had not looked up any reviews, but the girl had applied some to my face and I liked the feeling. Fast forward two weeks (into winter) and I still LOVE the product, but I have come to the understanding that my skin needs another moisturizer to be paired with this moisturizer. Just the tiniest dab of moisturizer under this product and my face is AWESOME. If I do not use this product the moisturizer makes my face look like an oil slick. This product is great at controlling oil on your face, and in the summer I will probably be able to skip the other moisturizer during the day. Overall a great product to control oil but be aware it might not be moisturizing enough for your skin.

on 12/1/2015 2:33:00 PM

Excellent product and HG for me.

I have combo-oily skin that leans more toward oily. And this is my favorite, most effective mattifying product. It truly keeps the oiliness at bay.

I have tried many others but Murad's really is the best. It's a little expensive but it's so worth it!

Have repurchased many times and will continue to do so. LOVE!!