Buxom Full-On Lip Polish - Sugar

BE Buxom Lips gloss in Sugar

4.5

on 9/12/2018 8:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This just isn't for me. I received Sugar as part of a Sephora nude favorites package, and it is not a favorite.

First off I'm not crazy about glosses, and I really don't care for most minty or plumping gloss formulas. This is both.

Applied I really noticed a powerful tingle, and if I lick my lips I taste mint and a bit of that numbing flavor that's kind of fake mint paired with something else. I'm not sure what. It doesn't feel totally unpleasant on the lips, more minty and not really numbing, but I'd rather just apply a lip product and have it feel neutral or slightly moisturizing, not like tingly slickness. (That said, it's a lip-plumping formula, so it's not exactly a dishonest offering. Just not my taste.)

The feel, when I consider how it feels apart from the minty tingle, is nice. It's a bit slick, but not sticky and would be nice on its own. There's a bit of staying power, provided you don't sip a lot of coffee, etc. The color is kind of a metallic warm nude, which is another thing I'm not wild about. If it's a metallic red or wine color, sure, it's fine, but metallic or pearly or shimmery nudes are not a personal preference of mine. This isn't super metallic or pearly in appearance, but it's just not anything that I'd gravitate towards.

So, it's good if you like that sort of thing, but on a personal level, it's not for me.

on 2/1/2018 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

WARNING: if you live in a cool climate, this might be a bad choice, as it has a quite strong menthol feeling, so your lips might feel very uncomfortable if you add actual cold to that

I really like this (for California weather) :) I received it in a Sephora Favorites Nude Lip kit. I have tried some other lip glosses before, but I'm not really looking for much in a lip gloss - I see lip glosses as slightly sticky, usually a little less hydrating, colored lip balms. I do have some requirements though: good color, smoothing action, hydration and for it to not be too sticky. On top of that, I DO have a major requirement: my lips are quite sensitive, and many lips product have in the past given me dermatitis or eczema on my lips.

I generally don't like when lip glosses have a tingly feel (because it often reminds me of the start of a reaction to lip products), but I'm quite fine with it in here. It's feels like the tingle you get from menthol. The smell is caramel, but I don't think this gloss has much of a taste... or maybe it has, but the taste doesn't get into my mouth, because the gloss stays put really well, and is actually moisturizing. I don't usually like smells and tastes in lip gloss as it makes me more prone to lick my lips, but I think the menthol in this prevents me from doing that. Oh, and this doesn't irritate my lips at all, except: NOT GOOD TO USE IN COLD CLIMATES. There, this is either not moisturizing enough, or something else is an issue, but it doesn't work out well for me in places where it's cold

My skin is light neutral olive, about NC20 in MAC. I think this color is very pretty: a transparent caramel with microshimmer. IMO, it's not shimmery though - just gives more of a glossy look to the lips. I actually like the effect this gives: it doesn't actually plump the lips, but it fills in the cracks, so the surface is evened out. If you have flaky lips, this gloss is good at hiding that. When I run out of my sample, I'll definitely repurchase this!

on 11/9/2015 10:45:00 AM

These lip glosses are horrible I bought one and when I put it on it was sheer tbh I have worn cheap lip glosses that have more color and shimmer and thickness to them I returned this and bought marvelous moxie lip gloss which is 100% better. And id like to add that most products are all hype because females see other females on youtube advertising them so like monkey see monkey do they just have to run out and buy it and pretend its the greatest product they have ever used just try these and you will see they are crappy.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my second Buxom gloss and it is in the shade Sugar. I find that the Buxom glosses are rather pigmented. This is a medium to dark nude with tiny sparkles. The lip gloss has a minty scent and tingle on the lips. I HATE the taste of these glosses it doesn't taste like mint but a bitter mint. It is not pleasant. I won't repurchase because I prefer other lip glosses that are just as pigmented but taste better and are a lot cheaper.

on 6/24/2013 2:16:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

PROS:
- Inexpensive
- Nice scent
- High shine

CONS
- A little sticky

I have this lip gloss in many shades and am addicted. Embarrassed to say I am extremely fussy about lip products as I find many colors look strange on me ( I am still looking for an everyday lipstock ) - but Buxom's glosses always work for me. I will repurchase again and again.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Let's be real. Buxom lipglosses are expensive. However, they do last forever and come in such a great variety of colors. Sugar has been my absolute favorite Buxom lip gloss shade for years. I've repurchased it probably 4 or 5 times now. It is slightly tacky as some have mentioned, but I quite like that in a gloss because it lasts longer. I own several MAC glosses, in their various formulas but find I prefer Buxom because they don't seem to settle in the lines of my lips and they're typically opaque. With MAC, I have to wear a lipstick underneath or put on several coats for complete opacity. For a reference, I use this quite frequently and have to repurchase every 6 months to a year. In my mind, that makes the gloss worth the price. I love the tingling sensation and I do find my lips look slightly plumped. The gloss isn't gritty despite having shimmer/glitter in it...I've found with NARS glosses, the glitter is extremely abrasive to the lips and the SCENT! Don't even get me started. They smell like burning plastic. Even some of the Revlon lipglosses with glitter are really abrasive, in my opinion. I get compliments every time I wear this shade and I find it layers well over mauve and nude lipsticks the best.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Very nice light plum color, sheer but buildable. Wonderful texture if used over lip balm, if you apply it to dry lips it can get sticky. Lovely minty/tingly sensation, very refreshing.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is my favorite plumping gloss! It really does add fullness to my lips (they don't need much plumping, but its always nice!) the cooling sensation is so nice. It's extremely moisturizing, which is important, as my lips get dry and chap frequently. This particular color is perfect. It adds just a hint of sparkle without looking gloppy, frosty, or plasticky. The price is steep for my broke budget, but it lasts a long time, so it's worth it! :)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Sugar,,,,,,,,oh honey, honey, you are my candy girl and you got me wantin' you!! I tried this as a BI sample and fell in love and had to go back and buy a full size product. Not something I regularly do. The color of this gloss is absolute perfection. Gives you that nudish pink plump lip look. Not too much, not too little, just right. I'm 48 and love this, it has a minty tingle, but nothing too irritating. The color lasts fairly well and the price is not the worst ($19). You get alot of product for your $$ too. Highly recommend this if you want a natural but not "too" natural look.

I got this lip gloss in a glambag. I tried it the first time I got it & I thought I was having an allergic reaction to it since my lips felt all tingly & stuff. My friend later told me that's what the lip gloss is supposed to do so then I applied it one day & I loved how my lips looked. It made my lips look nice & full & since I'm not crazy about bright colors or too dark colors, this one was perfect for me. I ended up going out to Sephora to buy a larger sized version.