L'Oreal Infallible Eyeliner in Black

L'Oreal Infallible Eyeliner in Black
INFALLIBLE NEVER FAIL EYELINER BLACK

3.7

CYCLOPENTASILOXANE • HYDROGENATED OLIVE OIL STEARYLESTERS • POLYETHYENE • POLYBUTENE • SILICASILYATE • CANDELILLACERA/CANDELLILLA WAX • CIRE DE CANDELILLA • CERA MICROCRISTALLINA • MICROCRYSTALLINE WAX • CIRE MICROCRISTALLINE • OCTYLDODECANOL • THEOBROMA GRANDIFLORUM/ THEOBROMA GRANDIFLORUM SEED BUTTER • SODIUM ASCORBYLPHOSPHATE • PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCIN-NAMATE • ECHIUM PLANTAGINEUM SEED OIL • TOCOPHERYL NICOTINATE • SODIUM HYALURONATE • ZINC GLUCONATE • MAGNESIUM ASPARTATE • CARDIOSPERMUM HALICACABUM FLOWER/LEAF/VINE EXTRACT • HELIANTHUS ANNUUS • SUNFLOWER SEED OIL UNSAPONIFABLES • WATER • COOPER GLUCONATEMAY CONTAIN: ULTRAMARINES • TITANIUM DIOXIDE • MANGANESE VIOLET • FERRIC FERROCYANIDE • MICA • CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS • CARMINE

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I completely agree with a reviewer below that this liner is great for the top lash line, it doesn't move around from the top line, and doesn't irritate my eyes. I do like tightlining with this. I tried this on my bottom lash line and it move around, and was so hard to get off.

on 4/16/2017 2:32:00 PM

If you are looking for very intense eyeliner, this isn't it. it is black but not intense at all.. I bought it because it's safe in terms of ingredients as EWG says. I think even though the intensity isn't the best , id buy it again because its safe for skin.

I've tried a lot of liners now that maybelline master drama was taken off the market. This product was not dark at all, it hardly looked black, which I've found is the case with almost all loreal products,- liners, mascaras, etc. It was not 24 hr wear, it wore off within an hr., even Milan pencil liners stay on at least a few hrs. It did not glide on, I had to press pretty hard to get it on. The worst for me was how sheer it was, almost grey looking. It's been an hr and there is no liner in the corners of my eyes, it all wore off already!
You basically have to melt it with a lighter to get it on. I'm sick of liners claiming to glide on & be long lasting. This liner goes on the same as wet and wild liners. Also, it made my eyes very itchy, most liners don't for me, so it's definitely not hypoallergenic.
It's ok if you want a nice subtle liner look, I usually don't but will use it for soft daytime looks. Another plus is that it's mechanical & there's a built in sharpener so you can get a thin line ( for about an hr until it wears off) and a smudger, but why would you need to smudge a line that's already subtle?

This is the best for tight lining & lower waterline. I'm 29, I have watery eyes (allergies & sometimes just randomly, like from any sort of moving air near my face...yeah...it's super awesome lol). I had been trying to find one that works for the purposes above since I was 15. FINALLY FOUND IT!

It stays pretty much perfect all day & all night. It doesn't run or flake. Sometimes have to re-apply to my lower waterline, but other than that I don't have any issues. I also use it as a base under other liners (gel liner from Elf & my jumbo liner/shadow stick from NYX) & I've found that it makes them last much longer, even in ridiculous heat. Also, I am extremely emotional (like a 6-7 on a scale of 1-10 on a normal day) and sometimes just randomly start crying (yeah...also super awesome...) and it doesn't budge from that either.

I love it, I will stockpile it.

I have this in Carbon Black (16 hr). It's definitely not infallible. The colour and pigmentation is good, as is the application.
The problem is that it smudges down and fades, which does not look good especially if you apply it on the lower eyelids. So it's not really practical for me to use if it's going to be a long day before I can reapply.
The smudge tip works good though.
If I could not find a better product I would buy again.

really like the packaging..i always like it when pencil eyeliners come with a built in sharpener..the smudge tip on the end is rubbery which is easy to clean but I find sort of useless as its texture is weird for an eye smudger.. im almost finished with this and don't think I will repurchase because of its staying power..workers great up unitl three-four hours of it..i ll start to have some eyeliner smudging on my eyelid crease.

on 9/17/2014 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have been this eyeliner for a few years now. I have had styes in the past : ( and stopped wearing eyeliner and mascara for some time for that reason. However, I tried Loreal products again (the Voluminous mascara) and this eyeliner - I wear this eyeliner everyday and wear the mascara every few days with it. I have not had any issues. It does not smudge (unless you rub your eyes, of course, which is a no-no anyway). Throughout the day, it goes from a black line on your eyelid to the nice kind of smudge - the smoky-eye look. I love it. Loreal, please do not discontinue this product! Regarding the white tip that is supposed to be used for smudging - never used it after a couple of tries; ineffective? Idk. It may have just been a marketing ploy.

on 6/19/2014 11:01:00 AM

I have repurchased this 4-5 times. I've tried so many other eyeliners and I always come back to this one.

I mainly use this to tightline.
It doesn't print onto my undereye area. HOWEVER, my sister has kindly proved to me, with the same eyeliner, that it depends on what eyeshape you have. Well, for me, it doesn't print.

Definitely my HG eyeliner. I have it in black, and shimmering black. The shimmering black seems to add another dimension. It is a very subtle glitter. However, the shimmer may irritate sensitive eyes so I'd definitely just go with the staple and safe black.

It has a blender at the end of the liner, however, meh, doesn't work too well in my opinion.
Highly pigmented. Produces an extremely strong colour and stays on all day!

Definitely would repurchase (clearly).

You weren't put on this earth to please other people. Live your life and eliminate all of the stress.

on 5/19/2014 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I have tried many, many drugstore retractable eyeliners and I would say this is probably the best I've tried in terms of pigmentation, feel, and staying power. It is very long-lasting; however, it does smudge on the lower water line, but not even close to as badly as other similar eyeliners.

UPDATE: I'm increasing my rating for this. I work 12-hour shifts and started wearing this eyeliner to work everyday. The staying power is very impressive. It doesn't budge at all on my top lid. On my lower water line it smudges a little bit which I'm used to. I have worn this and also MAC Technakohl eyeliner to work and this eyeliner puts MAC to shame. It's also better than Estee Lauder's automatic eye pencil as well.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this after looking at how good the reviews were and it was on sale for a little over 7$ at target. I was looking for a liner particularly for my water line because I normally just use black eye shadow to line my top eye lid since I prefer the softer look plus I usually hate pencils because I had a bad experience with an eye liner pencil before but since this said it was a pencil that went on like liquid I decided to try it out. I love how smooth it went on. It's very dark and went so easily on my water line. I also went ahead and put it on my top lid but to me it's too harsh but I just like a softer look. It works great for the waterline though . As for the lasting effect I've only had it on for an hour so I'll come back later and review that part. So far though I would recommend this product. Loreal usually doesn't disappoint anyways.