3.4

price range

Reviews

2.0

7 years ago

Aubergine is a relatively dark grape purple color shadow, which I think would work much better as a liner. I'm not a huge fan of this product because the consistency of the shadow has made it hard to apply evenly. Whether I applied this shadow with my finger or eyeshadow brush, it was streaky and seemed to have a mind of its own, always making me look like I had two black eyes. Maybe the color was a little too dark for my complexion, but it never looked right on me. I haven't tried any other matte colors, but I have tried the other textures in Revlon's eyeshadow line and loved them.

About reviewer (53 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

8 years ago

Great quality for a great price. I love those matte shadows and want them in every color available! This one has a fairly good pigmentation, it's buildable, and the color is a very wearable dark purple - hence the name Aubergine... ;)

About reviewer (14 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

8 years ago

These matte shadows from Revlon were a great idea & addition to their makeup line since in the drugstore, there isnt alot offered for us girls for a need for great matte shadows. Since Matte shadows are often needed for contouring & definition that a shimmer or satin eye shadow could do, esp in the crease. And a matte smoky eye is absolutely gorgeous. WetnWild offers some great matte shadows in the 6 pan palettes that are being d/c'd so these were great to find. =PRICE/AVAILABILITY= These single matte shadows are hard to find now so im not sure if theyve been discontinued or just taken out for room in my area? I also found a few of these at my dollar tree, YAY! so i def bought backups since heck they were $1..I use to find these in drugstores like CVS, Walgreens, & Rite Aids as well as some Walmart & Target. They are around $5-6 depending on location & discounts. I hope they didnt quit making these. so i did find some a while ago at my dollar tree so heck ya i picked up a few. i wish i couldve found them there before i paid $4 $5 for these but they are worth the price. =FORMULA/PERFORMANCE/SHADE= These single matte shadows are part of a line where Revlon put out a few colors for each finish of eyeshadows, matte, satin, frost or perle. So it was nice to have a selection of finishes & shades. They do make a decent selection for each finish. The Matte shadows are really nice soft & smooth & decently pigmented shadows. I like the formula since its soft & easy to blend. Some matte shadows are chalky & hard & get stuck in one spot but these are esp being drugstore. They go on great alone or on top of a cream base. I def recommend a primer to help w/ vibrancy & staying power. These are pressed well so little fall out in pan or eye but the brush/applicator picks up a good deal of shadow. I love the formula, almost the same as my WNW matte shadows. These are def a great formula & consistency. I was a little wary but theyre def worth the price. "Aubergine 008" is a great deep plum cool toned purple eggplant shade. This is a great darkened purple that brings out my brown eyes. This is def great for purple & brown smoky eye looks. I love purples & this is the best matte purple i own. I know its easy to make a shimmery or satin purple but to make a great matte soft blendable purple with such rich undertones, wow! love it! def one of my favorites out of this line! =PACKAGING= These single matte shadows come in a shiny black square compact with the revlon/matte on the lid with a see thru window on the front. Snap shut closure. shade # is on the top left hand corner & then on the back sticker is shade name & info. What shadow you see in the window is the size of the shadow inside. Its about as long as my pinky & an inch or two wide. Its a great amount of shadow. esp since their so pigmented it makes the amount even greater. The shadow has a waved engravement which makes it look so pretty in the pan Expensive looking. The rest of the inside is a slot for the single foam applicator. which is great for times you forgot your brush or those who dont use brushes. Overall, these are fantastic matte shadows esp from the drugstore. These are great for those like me that like more natural neutral makeup that can be worn anywhere, work, school, shopping. I love the formula, soft & easy to work with. Aubergine is def a shadow that i will use up & repurchase since i love purples. This is a really pretty rich purple that can do so many looks. I am glad that Revlon is a CRUELTY FREE MAKEUP COMPANY which is soo important to me. And these are def worth the price & so much more. If you havent tried one of these matte shadows, i def suggests picking up at least one of them. I LOVE the ones i have & hope one day i can find them somewhere.

About reviewer (383 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Coarse

8 years ago

Just got this shade. I've been looking for a dark shadow to create a smokey eye, but I've got really dark brows and deep set eyes anyway (oh, and dark undereye circles!), so I wanted a shadow that wasn't too oppressively dark, yet that was dark enough to give the smokey effect. This shade is perfect for my green eyes, enough grey in the colour to give the traditional smokey look, with the aubergine making it a touch lighter and not like I've been punched in the face. Love the matt quality of it - nothing I loathe more than glitter, especially in cosmetics - urgh! Perfect with BeneFit Coralista blush, and just Carmex on the lips. This is definitely a mature smokey eye look, and for once I don't look like I'm a kid playing with mum's makeup! Big thumbs up from me.

About reviewer (35 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Other

2.0

9 years ago

Like I said before, this color is very similar to the navy and forest green colors of the same collection. However, it's still rather pretty when it's buffed out a bit, same as the others. It would be very harsh, and almost bruise like if you apply it straight like it was, and pack it. It would also be a bit chalky, and rather hard to blend. I'm not a big fan of this one, it's rather boring, and I don't like purples too much, as they do tend to look like bruises on me.

About reviewer (145 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinOily, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

1.0

9 years ago

The colour looks soo rich and smooth in the pan, but in actual fact it was hard and chalky, and the pigmentation and colour was not as good as I would have liked. I got these on sale, around $5AUD each, but definitely wont be repurchasing ever again.

About reviewer (491 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

9 years ago

I picked up this shadow because it looked sooo pretty on the shelf and it was matte which I love. It is a deep purple with slight grey undertones. Despite the pigmentation not being the greatest I still really like it and wear it. I use a damp brush to apply this, I find it works a little better that way. Yes, you need to layer it on a bit but for me I think it's worth it because the colour is so gorgeous. Haven't seen many purples like this that are matte. I've still got lots of product left despite using it quite often. Not sure if I would purchase it again only because there are others shadows out there that are equally as pretty that you don't have to try as hard to make it work.

About reviewer (73 reviews)

SkinOily, Olive, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

9 years ago

I was expecting a much deeper color, the pigmentation isn't the greatest, but its ok as a crease shade with a purple look.

About reviewer (35 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

9 years ago

I picked up Aubergine hoping for a deep grayish purple color. Unfortunately, on my skin it looks more gray than purple, and is slightly chalky. The texture on this isn't bad, and it blends easily, so I still gave it a few lippies. But I won't be repurchasing since I have enough gray shadows as it is.

About reviewer (103 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Other

EyesOther

1.0

10 years ago

This product was very dry. It was hard to pick up color and the color came out streaky. Save your money and don't bother with this.

About reviewer (29 reviews)

Age25-29