BRTC Perfect Soothing BB Cream

No Image

1 review

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

*This review contains picture, click continue to see it*

Claim:

From the leaflet: Multi cover cream that assists the soothing and protection of the reddened and sensitive skin.

My Skin Type:

Ranging from very dry to normal/dry. Sensitive, acne prone. Seems to be the perfect candidate for this BB cream.

My Skin Tone:

Some said I have very fair, Casper-ish complexion. Frankly speaking, thats what you see in my FOTDs, but I personally think I look (much) darker in person than in those photos. Still, yes, Im quite fair.

Bottomline: my skintone range is lighter than MAC NC/NW15 to NC/NW20.

I have neutral cool undertone.

Packaging:

Slim blue tube, practical for travelling I guess?

Color Selection:

Only 1 color is available, and it seems to blend well into my fair skin. The cream does have pink undertone IMHO.

Texture:

Very fluid! This is probably the thinnest BB cream that Ive ever tried. Other BB creams that I have used including: Missha Watery SPF27/PA++, Missha Perfect Cover SPF42/PA+++, Skinfood Gingko Green, Skinfood Mushroom SPF20/PA+, Skinfood Aloe SPF20/PA+, Dr Jart Black Label, Dodo Club, Feverlet.

Coverage:

Sheer-medium, much like other BB creams. I have a lot of red acne scars, and this product helps to even out my skintone. It doesnt smooth my pores as much as I want it t, but its acceptable.

Blendability:

Very good, due to the thin consistency.

Oil Control:

This BB cream is meant for dry, sensitive skin. Therefore, oil control is not one of its strong suit. Not a problem for me since now I have normal/dry skin, but oilier skin would want to stay away from this product.

If you have oilier skin, I personally think youll be better off with BRTC Jasmin Water, BRTC Perfect Recover, and BRTC Perfect Blemish Balm (discontinued, cmiiw).

Extra note:
I can't wear this when I'm very dry. Too dehydrating under such circumstances.

My General Review:

Fuzkittie has said that BRTC Whitening and Wrinkle Repair BB Cream breaks her out. Well, I may have to say the same thing.

Sometimes, just sometimes, BRTC Soothing BB Cream would break me out. Sometimes its okay, sometimes its not. I wore it yesterday and today, I woke up with an acne on my jawline. Tsk.

Honestly speaking, this time I dont know its from BRTC Soothing BB Cream or not, because I forgot to wear my BHA lotion for several days, while its kinda necessary to control my acne prone skin. But this BB cream surely has broke me up before.

This is the reason I havent bought the full size tube.

Price:

I think this retails at around KRW35,000. That translates to around USD27, according to GMarket.

Availability:

Its available in Korea in 30ml tube. I think its not available in Singapore?

Ingredients:

You can see in the ingredients list that this product does have beneficial ingredients such as Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E; antioxidant), Grapefruit extract (antioxidant), Glycerin (skin identical ingredient, also a water binding ingredients aka moisturizer), Camellia sinensis extract (green tea; antioxidant), Allantoin (anti irritant), Arbutin (can assist skin in whitening?), Centella asiatica (anti-bacterial, assist in wound healing).

But it also contain some (to my suspicion) irritants, like Yuzu extract, Clove extract.

What Else You Need To Know:

I cant detect any fragrance in this BB cream, its not listed in the ingredients list as well.

Regardless of those skin caring ingredients, you still have to wash BB creams completely. This is still a makeup product.

Another tip: I personally think that BB creams reflect lights pretty darn well. It can make you look *very* glowy and white. In person, Im not as white as I looked in those FOTD pics.

Overall Rating:

4 out of 5. If this product doesnt break me out, I would probably have given this a 5. I will still recommend this to other ladies with sensitive skin, but not as acne prone as me.

*Image taken from soompi forums. continued >>