no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 months ago

I am in total agreement with the previous reviewer, Gerlygerl, I too used to buy several active ingredients as well as the prepared creams from SkinActives. In the beginning, I was enamored of this company and Dr. Slivak's clear, concise explanations but as time has gone on I have become less so. About G.G.'s comments, I too was rudely put down by Dr. Slivak. There was a 'conversation' on the Forum about red light therapy for wrinkles specifically LifghtStim, which I use and have had great results(I am 66)I have been around the cosmetic block and have used Sisley, La Prairie, Erno Laszlo et al. Some of the aforementioned have been great others not so much. Anyway back to my point, I posted a positive review for LighttStim and the good doctor dismissed it out of hand and claimed she could find no studies. I responded with three published peer-reviewed studies, the results were encouraging, she was unconvinced and thought that studies were unreliable and(she)wanted to see more evidence. Which I presented. Back the good doctor came at me and said she doubted the veracity of all three. A year or so later there was a comment from someone else which(one is alerted when there is a response)again Dr. Slivak called it nonsense and gimmickry. I put my two cents in by respectfully disagreeing and found another set of studies. I should add that the studies were for red light therapy itself rather than a brand and done at either universities or other independent sites and again the results were favorable and once again Dr. Slivak dismissed the studies as inadequate. The studies, by the way, are on the NCBI(National Center for Biotechnology Information)she then made an idiotic declarative remark that the NCBI has, FDA and other "government organisms are being depopulated. Empty chairs mean more egregious statements that nobody will check." Her words exactly as printed on the Skinactives foru. I am certainly in no position to debate a PhD./chemist/biologist but I do know results and to close one's mind out of hand displays an arrogance that I find repellant, nothing worse than a closed mind. I have cooled considerably to this company, which has otherwise been very good as well as generous with their samples. I know I have gone very far afield but I felt that G.G. needed a little defending. Now onto the Sea Kelp Bioferment, I too derived no benefit other than clogged pores. The positives about this line are the Anti-Aging cream as well as the delightful basic Canvas cream. There is much good advice and a tremendous amount of information about the active ingredients that are sold individually. I have one more thing to say(did you think I would get to the end? and thanks to anyone with the patience to read all this)and that is Dr. Slivak slams every and I mean every other brand on the market. Thank you to anyone who read this and perhaps there is something beneficial amidst my diatribe. P.S. The LightStim really works but one must use it regularly.

About reviewer (96 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Coarse

from

2 years ago

I would buy from Formulator Sample Shop. They are the ones that manufacture it and much better shipping they have three sea kelps available for sale! www.formulatorsampleshop.com

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Other, Medium

7 years ago

Marvellous. Cooling, freshening, tightening and moisturising, even for oily skins. It also eats wrinkles for breakfast.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinVery Dry, Fair

HairBlond

3.0

8 years ago

I think this stuff is awesome! I purchased sea kelp bioferment, let's make collagen serum, Anti-Aging Cream with Resveratrol, DMAE 4% with Sea Kelp. My skin was acting up: constant break outs, extremely dehydrated oily skin, fine lines. Have been using Skin Actives for a week and can honestly say these are the best products I have ever used (and I used everything including CellCosmet, LaPrairie, Kanebo and etc). All high end skincare would break me out and sit on top of my face. Skin Actives products penetrate right in leaving your skin very comfortable. Highly recommend trying out these wonderful products. EDIT: product was working well, while congested my skin ;-( have to downgrade it.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

8 years ago

I really love this stuff! I have had some scars from weird shingles outbreaks on my cheeks that I was unable to get rid of for over 1 year. Since I have been applying this to my face daily, either as a mask or mixed into my regular cream, those marks have been disappearing and in fact my skin tone has really evened out. I have combo skin and find this does not break me out at all. It does feel a bit tight and I find you have to really rub it in well to avoid this effect being too much alternatively use it as a mask. The seakelp comes with some little samples to mix in, I dont like the fragrances that seem artificial but find the anti-ox mix also works really well. As I said, it can appear to be a bit drying but then again this is good for my sometimes oily skin and I find it helps dry up small spots too. You can easily combat any feeling of dryness by mixing the seakelp in with a good moisturiser or oil. My only small gripe is I wish this came in a pump container, I find dipping my fingers into it is not quite so hygienic but then again it's not caused any problems so far. If you want to get rid of marks or just even out a bumpy skin tone this is definitely worth trying. I think I'll be using this for a long time as the good results seem to be lasting! La Mer overpriced creams are made with this ingredient considering the price of Skinactives, I think it's a zillion times better!

About reviewer (74 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlack

EyesHazel

from

8 years ago

I recently purchased sea kelp bioferment from skin actives and i truly believe its a miracle cream. Mixed in with a little first aid beauty's ultra repair cream...it feels really soothing and soaks up into the skin. But the reason as to why i think its a miracle cream is, my husband got an unexplained rash on his leg after moving to LA. He's always had problem skin, so this was not new. However his rash refused to subside and its been a whole year. The itching was so bad that he's often draw blood. Night after night he'd wake up, apply moisturizer and resist the urge to itch. Visits to dermatologists and prescription medications (internal and topical) dint help. Finally when this gel arrived, the first thing i did was to mix up a little cream with gel and apply. Today's the 5th day. No itching, the rash is gone and we're waiting till the weekend to cancel the visit to the new dermatologist. I dont really know much about beauty benefits, but there is a lot of hope for people with unexplained dermatitis and other skin conditions. And oh...Mix a little bit of the kelp in water, add in a little aloe vera gel massage this on to your scalp after a shower, comb thru and blow dry your hair as you want....my hair loss is down to 2 strands of hair a day ...sometimes even not that. And it looks like my hair is growing a lot thicker and stronger!! My hair actually looks alive! And there certainly is no price on that.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinDry, Olive

HairBrown

9 years ago

**To those marking this review as"not helpful" - biased much? Negative reviews are just as helpful as positive ones. I'm sorry you disagree but that's life.** Ah, Skinactive - where the finished products have so much promise, according to the makers, and yet all contain ingredients horrible for acne-prone skin. The sea kelp gel is no different. Algae extract can clog pores, and for me, it never fails to. Though I was hesitant to try this, the owners encouraged me to at least try it. Ha! This product not only broke me out but also gave me some kind of contact irritation that felt like a burn. Thanks, but I know my skin better than a stranger. Aside from the actual product, I must comment on Hannah and how rude and unprofessional she is. She locked a comment of mine on their forum - my first and only comment - asking if they could make a base cream that didn't include so many pore-clogging oils and didn't include sea kelp. Her knee-jerk reaction was that I was wrong, I was somehow talking about having an allergic reaction (I'm not sure how she assumed this) and there was no way I was allergic to any of these products. This is par for the course when posting anything on their forum, or asking questions regarding their products. Stick to their actives used to mix into your existing products.

About reviewer (222 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

2.0

10 years ago

I read awasome reviwes of this product. For me, it's a nice gel, but I don't find any profits. Like mask, the effect is zero, don't moisturizer and my skin feel tight and with a unpleasant film, I need remover this stuff with water!!! I try to mix with a cream. Don't mix well, it leave a smalls balls of gel into the cream. Maybe with a kitchen mix machine.... but I Can't to put 30ml (1 oz.) in a mix machine. nice, but useless :-(

About reviewer (29 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesBlack

11 years ago

I love it. I use it straight onto my skin before sleep, mix it with my DIY serum, mix it with my Aquathera cream for my hands and legs... Texture is clear and thick, like gel. Ingredients is 100% sea kelp bioferment. No preservatives or additives whatsoever. Mine is odorless, wonder whether my nose is being insensitive? My skin is dry but acne prone, and so far no breakouts. Will buy again!

About reviewer (24 reviews)

SkinCombination

HairBlack

EyesBlack

11 years ago

meh. Skinessentialactives.com has it better and cheaper.

About reviewer (238 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral