Sofina PrimaVista Powder Foundation UV (Long Keep)

No Image

4.6

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Excellent for summer hot weather. I have been using Shuwashoo cushion BB foundation and HERA cushion BB foundation but they are caused oily face by the afternoon. My skin is combination dry! I pulled out this old limited edition Sofia Primavista powder foundation compact I got while I travelled to Hong Kong for concealing my dark circle and thought why not try using it all over for a day. This is HOLY GRAIL for the SUMMER! No more oily face in the afternoon! I am not going back to my cushion BB this summer!

Right after applying this powder foundation my face looks blotchy and powder-ish, but one or two hours after the powder absorb my facial oil and create a naturally good skin look. Coverage is buildable and able to cover dark circle and imperfections. Going to buy a refill! Even with the case this is compacts and can travel with.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Love it! I use it every day as setting powder. It control my oil !

on 8/29/2012 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Best powder foundation ever! It gives a nice dewy finish, but it looks like it's your real skin (but much better). HG.

I tried a sample of this powder and will buy full product of the lightest (pink) shade. Very nice for covering pores and evening the skintone. Another score for Sofina!

on 2/13/2009 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I bought this over the internet, totally guess work. I picked Ochre 07 which is the darkest colour, I am aware that Japanese makeup runs a little lighter. I was startled at how dark the powder looks in the pan, but once its put on, it matches my NC30-35 skin tone. What's so amazing about this powder is its "dewiness", no, I am not talking about shimmer regardless of how fine the particles are. I check it out with my magnified reading glass, under direct bright sun-light, no shimmer at all, neither is this powder matte. I used a small retractable powder brush to put it on, it covers my red eyes, blotchiness & sins like that ( I have a bad cold going on now), it can be build to a medium coverage.
The texture is creamy, similar to the Shiseido soothing compact powder fdn but with a glow & better colour match for me.
I paid $40 from Ichibankao, can't comment on the package since I only purchase the refill. I will definitely go ahead & order the whole set again, who know when they will discontinue it.