By Terry Light-Expert compact mineral foundation

2.0

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I also bought this product in the UK on the advice of a SA and actually threw it away in the end.

The packaging is awkward, but frankly that's not the most serious problem. The mineral powder aged my skin, making it look incredibly dry and cakey. It's the most unsuitable thing I ever bought. Mineral foundations generally don't work for my dry skin, but this one was by some considerable distance the worst I've tried. I would not recommend for anyone with remotely dry skin.

EDIT: though I do acknowledge that I was an idiot to buy it in the first place. Now that the hype over mineral foundations (at least as powders) is dying down, I think it's no secret anymore that they aren't great for dry skin types.

I'm really surprised by the bad review for this product! I just bought it and I absolutely love it!!! I've used mineral make-ups before, but there's always been a little something wrong with them: I didn't like the brushes because they were rough, they were messy to apply because they were loose powders and got everywhere, They weren't good for carrying around in my purse and I couldn't apply them easily on the go, they made me too shiny so I needed to buy the foundation AND the finishing powder etc etc etc.

ANYWAY, this foundation is great. The mineral powder is actually pressed into a disk instead of being loose. The brush is spring loaded into the lid, but when you close the lid, the brush isn't "grinding away" at the makeup - it's just the perfect amount of pressure for the brush to be ready for the next application (don't worry, the minerals don't go anywhere except onto the brush!). And on the bottom of the container, there's a mirror! Great for a touch up. Not that I've needed any because it lasts longer than any other mineral make-up I've used, AND I don't get shiny! Instead, my skin glows. It feels really light, like I'm not wearing any make-up, but it covers enough (for me anyway). It's not going to cover blemishes (hello, get a concealer - I don't want my foundation to be as opaque as a concealer anyway), but it will even out skin tone and perfect the texture of your skin. Oh and the brush is SSOOOO soft, it's softer than my kitten's fur! Finally!!!

I think if you are looking for a mineral make-up that is so easy to apply (no pouring powder into a lid, swirling, spilling, cursing, etc) and super compact, then give this product a try. I think it's great for people who have dry to combination skin, skin that is sensitive, and/or prone to breakouts. Maybe if you're skin is super oily, you might still need a finishing powder, but I didn't and I tend to get a shiny T-zone.

The only thing I didn't like was that the colours are really limited. They cover the basic light/medium in yellow undertone and pink undertone, and medium/tan in yellow and pink. But that's it. I guess because the coverage is light - to - medium, it blends well with most light to tanned complexions.

Oh dear! This has to go down in the Hall of Fame for being my worst makeup purchase, Ever!!! Firstly, the packaging. The brush is spring-loaded into the lid so that when you unscrew the lid, you have powder on the brush ready to use. Good idea - bad in reality, because as you screw the lid back on, you are aware that you are grinding up the tiny amount of minerals that have been supplied in this product. Now, onto the actual product because that is what we expect quality from, especially with this premium brand. Well, I have used a lot of mineral powder foundations over the past few years, and this has to be the MOST ineffective I have yet come across. There is absolutely no pigment in this powder, it does not blend into the skin and it certainly does not provide a modicum of coverage. In fact I have used translucent powders that are more effective at covering.

I feel so let down with this purchase, it was my first from By Terry. In fact this product has put me off ever spending valuable cash on anything else in this range, despite the good reviews. I wish I could have taken this back, but unfortunately, in the UK our return policies are not as generous as in the US. And so, I am left with a very expensive (£38) useless product. I have even tried just using the brush as a kabuki and still it is useless! Sorry I couldn't give a nicer review!!