MAC Cosmetics Peachstock (satin)

Filtered by eye Color : Black
MAC Cosmetics Peachstock (satin)
Mac PeachstockPeachstock (satin)Peachstock (satin)

3.7

on 6/11/2017 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I bought peachstock thinking it would be MY peachy nude go to lippy. Applied in store with a tonne of foundation, heavy eye liner and smokey eyes I thought peachstock looked rather good. The next few days, I tried peachstock on with my normal makeup routine (light tinted moisturiser, drawn on brows, concealer, no bronzer, blush or eyeshadows) and wow - I looked very ill.

On me, this shade needs to be 'worked', full face of GLAM makeup + boldy bare lip liner, and a gloss on top of peachstock to make it wearable. For that reason, I won't repurchase.

Check out how peachstock looks on Tan/Southeast Asian/ Warm to neutral skin tone: https://maclipsbeautyblog.wordpress.com/2017/06/04/new-mac-lipstick-review-shy-girl-peachstock-coral-bliss-fruity-juicy-collection/ I have it swatched next to Shy girl - which is the peachy nude I love!

For reference, nudes are hard for me. I've tried honey love, velvet teddy, blankety and they all look garsly on me turning my complexion ashy.

on 7/21/2013 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Just let you know if you has tan Asian skin don't buy this lipstick. It's really wash me out like I wear concealer on my lips. It didn't even work with my skintone and the formula was really bad I need lots of lip balm to make it stick on my lips. It's really different with my mac creme cup that's really work on my lips.

on 7/2/2013 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I'm on the fence about this one. It's great for warm, tan complexions that are darker than NW/NC25, but the matteness of it can make it appear like a concealer. I wore this when I was fake tanning and around an NW30. Definitely gave a bold nude lip, but looked like concealer like without gloss. On lighter complexions, this will appear orange or even brown. I still give it three stars because it's opaque and that's hard to find in nude lipsticks.

on 6/16/2013 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm so sad that I don't like it, but alas my worst fear came true. I looked like a zombie! I'm NC42-NC 44, and I have dark lips to begin with - so my natural colours make this lipstick appear to be almost totally in line with my skin colour, turning my entire face into a wash of blah! I have tried with glossy products on top (esp. pink tones), but this makes the look passable - somewhat- and is no longer work appropriate for me. If you have medium to tan skin tone, tread carefully, but ideally my best advice would be to buy another nude because this is not the one for us.

on 12/27/2012 7:41:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is my alll time favorite lipstick! Satin finish is perfect aswell as the color with my nc40 skin. I love playing up my eyes with it. I feel so sexy while wearing it. Again, my favorite!

on 10/24/2011 8:05:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is the latest MAC lipstick I bought - that I haven't given away yet. So I have high hopes for this lipstick.

I love nude shades, (peachy-nude and pinky-nude) and almost half of my enormous lipstick collection consist of varying shades of nude. So I've always wanted to try Peachstock because of the beautiful swatches I've seen online.

We don't have a pro-store nearby but I was able to get this from MAC Me Over Collection.

I'm spoiled when it becomes to lipstick, so every time I get a whiff of MAC lipsticks it reminds me of a cheap vanilla scent. Putting that aside I think this is the only MAC lipstick I'm going to keep. The shade is right up my alley, I like the peachy-ness of it and it keeps me from looking like death because of the warm undertone.

It's quite drying though, so I'm just going to remedy that w/ a balm underneath. But all in all I'm pleased w/ this lipstick. Not my favorite peach-nude lipstick but I'm gonna add this to my lipstick rotation.

on 9/27/2011 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I was so excited to try this lipstick...but....Hell to the No. I looked a hot and heavy mess when i tried it on!!! This is straight up concealer on my lips. What a waste lol. It's just waaay too light and un-flattering for my taste. I wouldn't want something this light on my lips, even with a super smoked out eye. The only way i could see this working is with a darker lipgloss on top but i hate layering. Exchange!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

This lipstick makes me look like I've been wandering around the desert for a couple of days. I'm NC42 for ref. and it's too light to be a good nude on me. For a matte it's looks very dry on unlike MAC's velvet teddy which is a perfect matte nude for my skintone.

on 8/3/2010 2:46:00 PM

I bought this nude lipstick after seeing some great reviews on here about it. I have the hardest time finding a nude color that works on my lips because I am an NC40 with very pigmented lips.
I think this color could work if you have the same skintone as mine, but you have to be very light-handed with it, almost just dab it on your lips because if you add to much, it will just look like you added concealer on your lips. This lipstick definitely needs a lipgloss over, I like to use NYX's Natural because it is a medium shade so it helps it look not so light.
EDIT: I have found a better nude lipgloss: Loreal Fairest Nude, this color could still work but I just don't see myself reaching for this color anymore.

on 4/8/2010 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Where have you been all my life? This is the perfect nude to match olive skin stones especially with that smokey eye look. This colour is opaque so a little goes a long way. I'm really into peaches and corals right now since they are better suited for my skin tone and this colour is perfect! The only thing I dont like about Peachstock is I find satin formulas quite drying. I'm going to have to wear it with mac lip treatment underneath or top it off with a gloss. I love this with Frankly Fresh on top...soo hot!