MAC Peachstock (satin)

Filtered by skin type : Normal
MAC Peachstock (satin)
Mac PeachstockPeachstock (satin)Peachstock (satin)

4.1

on 10/10/2013 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Peackstock is my number 1 favorite lipstick of all time hands down! Prepare for a read:

When I got into makeup I was looking for the nude lips, not the MLBB but a NUDE lip. Imagine my horror when I step into MAC for the first time and as a NC30 with pigmented lips find that all the popular colors like Myth, Creme D'Nude, Creme Cup, Angel, Hug Me etc looked awful on me. I never realized that I was looking for the wrong type of a nude. I have olive undertones that don't take well to light pink lipsticks. I took a gamble on Peachstock, bought it online and prayed for the best. Thank the heavens that this lipstick is just amazing on me! It is everything I want a nude lip to be. In my opinion, it is like a Myth but for Medium-Deep Skinned girls.

That being said:
On me, I don't need nor do I use a lipliner. I think would I be around an NC40 or higher I would need to use a lipliner to make it transition good. I really like this lipstick and I think this lipstick will look good based on your skin undertone and your lip pigmentation. It is opaque, moreso than Freckletone so W.O.C don't fear it. Pair it with a brown liner and rock the heck out of it. I find the satin formula neither drying or hydrating. Good wear, depending on what I'm doing.

Overall I love it and I feel that this lipstick is so underrated! WARNING: This lipstick will give you the super nude lips, not concealer but close to it.If you don't like that look I suggest trying Kinda Sexy.
**My ultimate nude combo is Peackstock mixed with Freckletone, try it!

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

I wanted to love this. Peachstock is such a great nude shade, not pink, not brown, just truly a fleshy peach. The satin finish is nice and not as dry as some of the other satins. This is just as corpse-like as Myth on me (MAC C7 for reference) and there is no way I can wear this alone. I do like mixing this with Twig or another more pinkish-brown lipstick but it's not worth the trouble. So far, Fresh Brew is the only nude for me.

on 10/18/2011 6:56:00 PM

I HAD to leave a review of the lipstick because I was one of those people that was thinking---AW LAWD!! I just wasted some more money!!!---when I tried this lipstick on AFTER I bought it. I'm obviously one of those people who can't wear nude lipstick to save my life! It totally drains the life out of my face. I def need at least a small amount of color on my lips. BUT I was determined to not have this completely go to waste. So guess what??!! I tried a thin layer of it OVER my muted lipsticks, the ones I wanted to have a little color but fell flat on me (Mac speed dial, freckletone, up the amp) and it added that extra oomph I needed to stand out a little more. Almost like a milkiness, in a good way,of course. When applied over louder colors like Pink Nouveau, it made it not as bright, a little more toned down. Its like the neutral color of peachstock blends with my lipsticks that do nothing for my complexion and makes them perfect for my skin tone. Even over my Revlon lipsticks! So don't give up on this one if you find it makes you look like death. It's def worth a try! I'm Mac NC45 for ref.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Great nude-peach.... If you have the right skin tone. I am NC20 and felt this just washed me out.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Peachstock is a beautiful, warm peach with what looks to me as a bit of a brown tone. Now - it's not BROWN brown, it's just more brown than pink. I've always been partial to the nude and peach lip, as I have huge lips that I was tortured about as a kid (and now the same people tell me how they're doing everything under the sun to get my lips!!). I would say this is my lips but better. It neutralizes the rosy tones, and really brings out the peachy aspects. I like to use a thin coat of slick balm underneath, like Yes to Carrots Lip Butter, since this formula is a satin, which can accentuate lines or dryness. On me it is long wearing, and looks pretty even after it's faded, and does not leave a ring/ugly fade line around the edges of my lips.

For reference, I am NC20-25 in MAC's shade universe, with light olive skin and hazel-green eyes and dark brown hair. I personally think this looks beautiful on both light and dark skintones, but I could see a person with pinker/fairer undertones not liking it as much, because I do see how it may look orange on some people.

As an experiment, I applied Peachstock on my top lip, and Fleshpot (you could substitute Creme d'Nude or Myth) on the bottom, pursed them together, and it really gave a nice look somewhere in the middle which was totally wearable. It toned down/warmed up each color just enough, and still look great, never "concealer-lip." Peachstock & Fleshpot are both permanent Pro colors, which can be ordered by anyone.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

This lipstick makes me look like I've been wandering around the desert for a couple of days. I'm NC42 for ref. and it's too light to be a good nude on me. For a matte it's looks very dry on unlike MAC's velvet teddy which is a perfect matte nude for my skintone.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I picked up Peachstock when it was released with the MAC Liberty of London collection. I had been wanting to try this for awhile, but never wanted to deal with ordering it from MAC pro. Anywho, when applied to my lips this goes on a nice nude peach, with just a very small brownish/tan undertone- I find that this does not leave me with 'concealer lips' and it looks quite flattering alone, or with a gloss over it. I absolutely love pairing this with NYX megashine gloss in Frosted beige, or Smokey Look. I have had this for quite some time, and I do admit that I don't reach for it to often, but when I do I like it very much :)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

On my skintone this is nasty stuff. I've tried on its own, worn sheerly, over pencil applied as a base, under a gloss... I can't make it work.

I don't mind the satin formula, but the shade is, on me, hideous. I've seen it look good on others though. I guess just make sure you try it on you before buying. Don't buy based on reviews or pictures.

on 4/16/2010 8:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have found my perfect nude colour.... It's peach in colour with a hint of pink...
It's alot nicer compared to myth which is very pale and matte.
It's a satin finish so it's alot more glossier and smooth on the lips, however lips have to be in good condition so dry flakes of skin don't show up.
Dissapointed i had to pay $41 instead of the usual price of $35 as it is a limited edition.
Packaging is ok kind of looks like a tampon to be honest, but the colour is gorgeous so i guess thats all that counts.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I think maybe i should have bought backups for this... its a great nude lipstick for girls with darker skin tones like me. it's got a great matte finish and the color makes my lips look just a teeny plumper. the only gripe i have is that this color will show ever flaw and crack in your lips if they are chapped. other than that i would definitely buy this again! it makes me FEEL like angelina jolie!!!!!