MAC Peachstock (satin)

Filtered by age: 30-35
MAC Peachstock (satin)
Mac PeachstockPeachstock (satin)Peachstock (satin)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Gorgeous lipcolour, one of my faves. This is the only lipstick I have ever found that actually blocks out the colour of my naturally very pigmented, dark pink lips. Is a true peachy nude, with none of that ashen or brown look, all which make my NC30 with yellow undertones look ill and pallid. I am not hugely into glosses, I prefer subtle, moist lips, so I just wear a good lip balm underneath and my pout looks the perfect nude shade, nice and healthy looking paired with my subtle smokey eye.

on 7/26/2008 5:48:00 PM

HI- anybody who didn't like blankety or myth- this might just be what you were looking for. The HG of peachy nude lips. It goes on so smoothly, doesn't dry my lips out and i love to put a little clear lipglass /BB crystal l/g on top for a really nice full pout. It looks super- cute with just bronzer and a nice neutral smokey eye..very understated glam (if that exists..lol)...I have tons of nude lippies and this one is reallhy the only one i can wear without having to adjust it with tinted lipgloss. it's not to beige, not too pink, not too ornage/ peach..it's just prefect. I highly suggest a blush like nars orgasm or mac's MB in Dainty with this...here are some swatches of my nude lippies:

Full Size Image

After years of reading the hype about Peachstock, I finally bit the bullet and bought it.

For all the hype around it, I was a little disappointed because I expected Peachstock to be this magical lipstick. In reality, it's just a nude lipstick with no pink and no brown tones. I don't even really see any peach to it(when I think of the color peach, I expect to see some apricot/orange colors). I would consider Freckletone to be more of a peach colored lipstick than Peachstock.

Peachstock blanks out my pigmented lips and it does wash me out a little bit (however, not as bad as Blankety did). I would definitely have to wear smokey eyes with Peachstock. However, what makes Peachstock more workable is that it's not super thick and super opaque in texture so when I apply it on my lips, it doesn't look like I layered my lips with a thick, chalky substance.

The satin formula makes Peachstock drying and even when I put on lip balm on my lips first before applying Peachstock, Peachstock makes my lips feel dry. This also accentuates flaky dry lips.

Peachstock is not a discontinued lipstick but it is hard to find because (1) it is a MAC Pro product and (2) It's a popular color. As there is no MAC Pro store in my area, I had to call the MAC Pro store in San Francisco to order it. I called that store about 3 times before they had it in stock (incidentally, I also called the MAC Pro store in NYC and they didn't have Peachstock either).

For reference, I have light skin with neutral to warm undertones (MAC NC 20 to 25).

on 3/18/2009 10:55:00 PM

Until I find another nude lipstick which does the job as well as Peachstock, I'm gonna stick with this. It's the first ever nude look l/s which does not make me look like I've been nursing a flu. The peachiness neutralises my pigmented lip colour and brightens up a dark or neutral smoky-eyed look. However, like some other reviewers have observed, I too find that the texture for this particular shade is somewhat drier than other Satins. But it never gets chalky, esp with a good balm underneath and lip brush application. Totally adore Peachstock!

on 4/15/2009 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Peachstock has been my go-to nude lippie for over two years now! On my NC42 skintone.. this is perfection color-wise. It deliver the right nude lip look without making me look like a corpse. Blends seamlessly into my lips. Due to it being a satin formula, it does feel slightly drying, but that's a quick fix by applying a lip balm first. No shimmer, no frost, it's perfect to compliment smokey eyes. Rave from me!!

I love this color. Before I found out that this product can be purchased at the pro stores, I bought about 10 tubes of it on Ebay, I am so happy that I can find this now. This is a really great color for that pouty mouth look.

on 3/13/2010 5:05:00 PM

I am NC 40, and Asian. This lip stick is too pale on me. It's like a concealer look super matte. It has to be combine with a lip gloss to make this color look less dead on me. My fav. combo will be Amber Glow l/p (perfect Peachy Nude) and Frankly Fresh l/p. If you try it out let me know if you like it. =)

on 3/16/2010 8:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Beautiful peach. true soft peach

I cannot stand the look of this! Just looks horrid on me! IDK maybe I'm one of those girls that cannot wear a NUDE...

on 3/30/2010 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Peachstock is permanent at MAC pro , so one can order this if they missed the liberty of London collection. it's a lovely peachy nude that works for most skin tones, on me(NC50/C8) I have to use chestnut lipliner to warm this up a bit.