MAC Peachstock (satin)

Filtered by age: 19-24
MAC Peachstock (satin)
Mac PeachstockPeachstock (satin)Peachstock (satin)

4.1

on 6/11/2017 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I bought peachstock thinking it would be MY peachy nude go to lippy. Applied in store with a tonne of foundation, heavy eye liner and smokey eyes I thought peachstock looked rather good. The next few days, I tried peachstock on with my normal makeup routine (light tinted moisturiser, drawn on brows, concealer, no bronzer, blush or eyeshadows) and wow - I looked very ill.

On me, this shade needs to be 'worked', full face of GLAM makeup + boldy bare lip liner, and a gloss on top of peachstock to make it wearable. For that reason, I won't repurchase.

Check out how peachstock looks on Tan/Southeast Asian/ Warm to neutral skin tone: https://maclipsbeautyblog.wordpress.com/2017/06/04/new-mac-lipstick-review-shy-girl-peachstock-coral-bliss-fruity-juicy-collection/ I have it swatched next to Shy girl - which is the peachy nude I love!

For reference, nudes are hard for me. I've tried honey love, velvet teddy, blankety and they all look garsly on me turning my complexion ashy.

on 2/12/2016 6:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I LOVE this lipstick color.
It's a nice peach-nude.
I think it works best for those with a medium skintone around an NC25-NC35.
If you're darker you'll just need a lipliner or try out the shade "Siss" which is similar but about a shade of two darker.
if you're lighter it may look muddy depending on your undertone. I wouldn't really recommend this with those with pink undertones.

I have a an C30-35(NC shades tend to look peach or orange on me) color with very strong yellow/olive tones and find that they bring out the pink tones in this lipstick.
So overall, on me this looks more pinky-peach nude rather than just concealer lip. It's almost concealer lips but you can see this sort of pinkish tone which prevents me my lips from looking too muted or making me look dead.
Which I guess is why it's really popular in Asia, the more yellow your skin is, the less concealer-like it looks.
If you have a more peachy color than this will definitely give you very apparent concealer lips.
I wouldn't say that this is a "pale" shade like a reviewer here has claimed. I've seen it next to Myth and Fleshpot and it's clearly darker and more medium colored.

Has the regular vanilla scent that Mac lipsticks have which I love.
Great satin formula. It's fairly matte but with a tiny bit of a sheen. I quite prefer the more satin or matte formulas cause they are more versatile. You can wear them alone, sheer them out or add gloss to them.

Side note:
I'll never really understood how people give a bad review on products based on color alone especially on a nude(which is tricky to get due to so many different skin tones)
It's like being an NC40 and getting a foundation in NC20 and getting mad that it didn't work for you because of the color...

on 11/2/2014 11:11:00 PM

The colour does not suit me at all!! It's like I applied concealer on my lips! Totally washed out and the formulation is so bad. It feathers out like crazy and does not go on smoothly. Thank god I didn't buy it, it was a friend's that I borrowed coz I forgot to bring my nude lipstick. This lipstick is so bad I actually thought it's a fake MAC.

'Peachstock' is really pretty. I am pale, but it suits me well. It doesn't look like I have concealer on my lips, as it does have a slight orange tone to it. Don't be scared of it. It's lovely.

on 10/10/2013 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Peackstock is my number 1 favorite lipstick of all time hands down! Prepare for a read:

When I got into makeup I was looking for the nude lips, not the MLBB but a NUDE lip. Imagine my horror when I step into MAC for the first time and as a NC30 with pigmented lips find that all the popular colors like Myth, Creme D'Nude, Creme Cup, Angel, Hug Me etc looked awful on me. I never realized that I was looking for the wrong type of a nude. I have olive undertones that don't take well to light pink lipsticks. I took a gamble on Peachstock, bought it online and prayed for the best. Thank the heavens that this lipstick is just amazing on me! It is everything I want a nude lip to be. In my opinion, it is like a Myth but for Medium-Deep Skinned girls.

That being said:
On me, I don't need nor do I use a lipliner. I think would I be around an NC40 or higher I would need to use a lipliner to make it transition good. I really like this lipstick and I think this lipstick will look good based on your skin undertone and your lip pigmentation. It is opaque, moreso than Freckletone so W.O.C don't fear it. Pair it with a brown liner and rock the heck out of it. I find the satin formula neither drying or hydrating. Good wear, depending on what I'm doing.

Overall I love it and I feel that this lipstick is so underrated! WARNING: This lipstick will give you the super nude lips, not concealer but close to it.If you don't like that look I suggest trying Kinda Sexy.
**My ultimate nude combo is Peackstock mixed with Freckletone, try it!

on 7/21/2013 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Just let you know if you has tan Asian skin don't buy this lipstick. It's really wash me out like I wear concealer on my lips. It didn't even work with my skintone and the formula was really bad I need lots of lip balm to make it stick on my lips. It's really different with my mac creme cup that's really work on my lips.

on 7/2/2013 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I'm on the fence about this one. It's great for warm, tan complexions that are darker than NW/NC25, but the matteness of it can make it appear like a concealer. I wore this when I was fake tanning and around an NW30. Definitely gave a bold nude lip, but looked like concealer like without gloss. On lighter complexions, this will appear orange or even brown. I still give it three stars because it's opaque and that's hard to find in nude lipsticks.

on 4/1/2013 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

HG lipstick! Wear this shade almost everyday. The only problem is that its a pro item and there arent any pro stores near me so i always have to order it online and wait for it to arrive, other wise i love it. Perfect nude. Highly recommend to everyone, sometimes its hard to get a hold of so buy it if you can!

on 12/22/2012 3:32:00 PM

Peachstock + Krazy Kahuna lipglass is the bomb.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is such a pretty shade! As the name suggests, it is a peach based nude. I love the fact it doesnt make me look dead or give me concealer lips. I think it can be flattering on several skin tones. I took one lippie since I noticed in my drivers license photo; it does give off a bit of sheen even though it comes off matte in person.