Pixi Lip Booster

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Pixi Lip Booster

4.6

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had this in Elf and I thought it smelled great - strawberries but not too synthetic. These definitely reminded me of my very first lip gloss from Prestige - the Jetstream with the click mechanism (discontinued), which turned out to be a copycat of Stila's lip glazes. I have yet to try the original. Don't get me wrong - I love Stila but I'm not longer favouring lip glosses like I did in my teens. When I first saw these, I thought there was a lot of product in them. It was chunkier so I didn't really like how that was. I believe these are discontinued now but you can probably still get old stock online.

on 4/11/2011 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love Maxi. Its the clear color. I have sensitive lips that get irritated with boosters. But his one doesn't irritate or scratch my lips. Plumps up enough that I know the difference and feel better. And doesn't make my lips look cakey. I tried the other colors but this one I think it the best quality.

on 12/29/2010 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I received this as a gift with purchase when I bought some other Pixi products, and it has quickly become a favourite! I keep reaching for it because it makes my lips feel so good - extremely plump and moisturized. On the website, the description says:
"Maximizing lip gloss to instantly treat & restore lip vitality. Provides maximum hydration and helps restore collagen, adding volume to improve lip contour. Improves lip fullness 40%, decreases lines 30% and improves lip moisture 60%."
I don't know about restoring collagen, but personally, I do feel it has done its job at moisturizing and improving the fullness of my lips. (We're not talking about a bee-stung look or anything, though!) I also think it decreases the look of the lines in my lips, but who knows whether any of these effects are lasting. My lips have been in terrible condition this winter, and I think that this lip booster has been one of the best products for tackling the wrinkly, dry, peeling issues I've been having.

I have this in the colour Maxi, which looks like a frosty nude in the tube, but I tend to wear it over a lip stain (the Pixi lip blush, actually, which I also recommend), so the colour (if any) does not show up at all. This means it's easy to apply on the go, which is nice. It makes my lips look very shiny and glossy.

The smell is pleasant and sweet - kind of like candy. Some might find it too sweet (I quite like it), but the smell doesn't last for the entire time that the gloss is on your lips. I have no idea how it tastes as I try not to lick my lips (since I find that dries my lips). =)

Initially, I found it quite noticeably tacky (the consistency is quite thick and gloopy), but it hasn't really felt that way recently - maybe I'm used to the texture now. I'd say it is stickier than a more watery and slippery gloss (and long hair will catch in it!).

Like other reviewers, I'm not a fan of the click-brush applicator, but as someone else has said, it probably keeps the product itself in a more hygienic condition than a lip balm pot or a gloss tube would. Unless you're using a new wand in a tube gloss every time you apply it, all lip products have this problem and different companies seem to tackle it in different ways. I personally prefer this to having a pot that you dip your fingers into, but I'm a germophobe. =P Of course, it would be nice to be able to clean the brush!

For £12.50, I would normally consider this too expensive, but it's so good that I really do think it's worth the price. It's a definite repurchase for me.

on 12/10/2010 11:16:00 PM

this is A TERRIFIC lip booster. it really plumps your lips and it has many good colors to choose from
it is also a good price it was 18 dollars orriginally but i got it for 15 dollars at target it made my lips feel SO SOFT and it plumps them really good!
also the packaging is really cute and nice i love how it comes in a cute pink box i still have it lol

on 5/19/2010 1:47:00 PM

On a whim, I ordered this in Trixie from ACW. Other than the horrible, horrible clicky pen style design with an even worse brush applicator, I like it. It looks smooth and pretty and isn't sticky or weird smelling. Trixie looks like a nudish pink on my berry colored lips. I didn't notice any boosting, but it does have good staying power. I just wish they would redo the packaging (hate those pens).

Just bought eight tubes from beautyticket.com for $3.99. Love the colors.

on 5/12/2009 10:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Was looking for a good opaque burnt caramel gloss without sparkle, picked up Freya. The scent/flavor is nice. The color is not as opaque/solid as i had in mind, but it's very neutral.

The twist up brush on mine keeps forcing a goop of gloss out the side of the brush which is very annoying for expensive gloss. I tried fluffing/rearranging the bristles, it's stuck that way.

Going back for more colors! I'm really loving this line. This is my favorite product from Pixi along with their lid and line. This line attempts to make quick work out of makeup with some innovative packaging and combining of products. This gloss goes on quick and easy, not sticky like bobby brown and mac. I love that it plumps and fills in lines without the metallic sheen. Rare are glosses that cover but don't glare with glitter! Will be buying more.