Pixi Lip Booster

4.4

on 4/11/2011 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love Maxi. Its the clear color. I have sensitive lips that get irritated with boosters. But his one doesn't irritate or scratch my lips. Plumps up enough that I know the difference and feel better. And doesn't make my lips look cakey. I tried the other colors but this one I think it the best quality.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This is my HG of lipglosses. I have it in No. 6 Elf and it goes on beautifully and stays on. I have tried them all, Lancome, Clinique, MAC, Stila, Urban Decay you name it, but I keep coming back to these. Such lovely color and shimmer and the smell is FABULOUS! It has the most delicious strawberry scent. I wish they were a little easier on the wallet but for the staying power, wonderful smell, and beautiful color I will continue buying them as long as they continue making them :)

on 12/29/2010 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I received this as a gift with purchase when I bought some other Pixi products, and it has quickly become a favourite! I keep reaching for it because it makes my lips feel so good - extremely plump and moisturized. On the website, the description says:
"Maximizing lip gloss to instantly treat & restore lip vitality. Provides maximum hydration and helps restore collagen, adding volume to improve lip contour. Improves lip fullness 40%, decreases lines 30% and improves lip moisture 60%."
I don't know about restoring collagen, but personally, I do feel it has done its job at moisturizing and improving the fullness of my lips. (We're not talking about a bee-stung look or anything, though!) I also think it decreases the look of the lines in my lips, but who knows whether any of these effects are lasting. My lips have been in terrible condition this winter, and I think that this lip booster has been one of the best products for tackling the wrinkly, dry, peeling issues I've been having.

I have this in the colour Maxi, which looks like a frosty nude in the tube, but I tend to wear it over a lip stain (the Pixi lip blush, actually, which I also recommend), so the colour (if any) does not show up at all. This means it's easy to apply on the go, which is nice. It makes my lips look very shiny and glossy.

The smell is pleasant and sweet - kind of like candy. Some might find it too sweet (I quite like it), but the smell doesn't last for the entire time that the gloss is on your lips. I have no idea how it tastes as I try not to lick my lips (since I find that dries my lips). =)

Initially, I found it quite noticeably tacky (the consistency is quite thick and gloopy), but it hasn't really felt that way recently - maybe I'm used to the texture now. I'd say it is stickier than a more watery and slippery gloss (and long hair will catch in it!).

Like other reviewers, I'm not a fan of the click-brush applicator, but as someone else has said, it probably keeps the product itself in a more hygienic condition than a lip balm pot or a gloss tube would. Unless you're using a new wand in a tube gloss every time you apply it, all lip products have this problem and different companies seem to tackle it in different ways. I personally prefer this to having a pot that you dip your fingers into, but I'm a germophobe. =P Of course, it would be nice to be able to clean the brush!

For £12.50, I would normally consider this too expensive, but it's so good that I really do think it's worth the price. It's a definite repurchase for me.

on 12/10/2010 11:16:00 PM

this is A TERRIFIC lip booster. it really plumps your lips and it has many good colors to choose from
it is also a good price it was 18 dollars orriginally but i got it for 15 dollars at target it made my lips feel SO SOFT and it plumps them really good!
also the packaging is really cute and nice i love how it comes in a cute pink box i still have it lol

I find this lip gloss best of all I have tried so far (Lancôme juicy tubes, Ester Louder, Christian Dior, Elizabeth Arden, Stila, Vincent Longo etc). I love how light it feels on my lips, not as heavy and sticky as many other lip glosses. Staying power is great in my opinion, I wear it half a day at least (having coffee, water and eating my fruit bars) and only need to re-apply it after launch. Looks fantastic, smells beautiful. Click pen applicator does not put me off at all, I figured how to get a right amount very quickly and find a little brush very useful. It is my HG lip-gloss and from now on I will only be buying this lip gloss in different colours. I have it in Theena and I love it, light peachy colour, not too pigmented, just perfect.

Just bought eight tubes from beautyticket.com for $3.99. Love the colors.

on 4/29/2009 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I am a lipgloss junkie I have found my HG. Pixi is by far the best gloss that I have used so far. My Clinique Black Honey has been bumped...
I bought the booster in Sindri (red/burgundy) and it smells like mild strawberry, as already mentioned in the review below. The brush applicator allows the product to glide on easily, which is a plus. I like the fact that by turning the bottom gadget, you are able to control the amount of gloss that comes out..which beats squeezing too much gloss out of a tube. I am African Canadian. I really do not need a booster and I cannot really see any difference in the size of my lips, so if this is why you are buying the product, you may want to wait for more reviews. Sindri compliments my skin tone well and the colour is not very dark once applied. I found it at Target in Watertown, NY. I drove up from Canada. I bought the 3 that they had and will be returning to purchase. Great product!!

Going back for more colors! I'm really loving this line. This is my favorite product from Pixi along with their lid and line. This line attempts to make quick work out of makeup with some innovative packaging and combining of products. This gloss goes on quick and easy, not sticky like bobby brown and mac. I love that it plumps and fills in lines without the metallic sheen. Rare are glosses that cover but don't glare with glitter! Will be buying more.

on 2/12/2009 12:07:00 PM

This is from Pixi's line for Target - currently (2009) in stores -

I just purchased this in "Faerie"/No. 9 a few weeks ago - a lovely, shimmery neutral nude color - looks light bronze in the tube but goes on sheer beige/nude and smells like strawberries. It applies easily - although I will say I don't particularly care for the twist-up brush applicator - but that's not a big enough deal to keep me from using it or re-purchasing.

It's not sticky like some of my MAC glosses, and has decent staying power, especially if you apply after some pressed powder on you lips.

I can't wait to purchase more colors - highly recommended to all. I also think this color would work well for all skin tones - will be my go-to this summer.

EDIT: I also purchased this product in Sindri/No. 8, which looks dark and scary in the tube, but goes on a sheer brick red, without a hint of pink. I love it - the perfect darker gloss for those of us that can't do the pink - it's not a blue-red, either. Again, I'm not a huge fan of the twist-up brush, but it's a good enough gloss I'm not complaining, too much! I hope they don't discontinue these - I'll have to buy them out!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had this in Elf and I thought it smelled great - strawberries but not too synthetic. These definitely reminded me of my very first lip gloss from Prestige - the Jetstream with the click mechanism (discontinued), which turned out to be a copycat of Stila's lip glazes. I have yet to try the original. Don't get me wrong - I love Stila but I'm not longer favouring lip glosses like I did in my teens. When I first saw these, I thought there was a lot of product in them. It was chunkier so I didn't really like how that was. I believe these are discontinued now but you can probably still get old stock online.