MAC Cosmetics Hello Kitty Brush Set

MAC Cosmetics Hello Kitty Brush Set
Hello Kitty Brush SetHello Kitty Brush Set

3.4

on 2/19/2009 3:57:00 AM

I'm really happy with this. The 187 eats my MMU and the application is a bit too heavy for my tastes. But I love it for finishing powder. I really like the 109 and 239 though. Not as high quality as the full size. But I feel like I have more control with the shorter handles. The cup us adorable. I've actually been looking for something like this for my brushes. My dog likes to run off with them and the cup is doing a great job of keeping them together and out of his reach.

on 2/16/2009 6:28:00 PM

I gave in and bought this after seeing it at the MAC store. I have read some negative things about the brushes. But I thought they were nice and easy to travel with because of their size. Granted..Im not a MAC brush person. Most of my brushes are Smashbox,BE, Michael Maron and Aloette. So its possible that for MAC they arent the best. But I like em. I think Im going to use the HK cup on my desk to hold pens and pencils. Since I keep my brushes in my makeup bag. Im glad got one of these sets.

on 2/16/2009 3:18:00 PM

This is a great little brush set. I am not into mac in the least, but when I saw the HK line, I figured I would try them out. The 187se is a great brush for blush, love it to no end. I use my prescriptives bronzer skunk brush for my face. The holder is amazingly cute and it fits almost all my brushes and makes me smile every time I see it :) The other brushes are ok... I would guess these little ones are great for travel. I am very happy with my purchase and I will continue to love my set for a good while, I predict. I think I will venture off into buying the real 187... soon :)

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I gave one lippy for the cute cup but this Hello Crappy makeup brush set doesn't deserve a better rap than that because nobody in their right minds would buy this just for the cup alone....surely? The brushes feel stiff and the transfer of makeup is just plain poor. Had I just bought this without seeing it first I would have given it straight to my 8 year old daughter!

This whole collection is rather childish and gimmicky. continued >>

Overall, this is an adorable brush set and holder. The brushes selected are an excellent combination of a few of my all time MAC favourites (187, 109, 239) and the cup is sturdy and oh so very cute. I like that it is made from moulded plastic so it can be wiped out with a damp cloth for cleaning.

I agree, the MAC se brushes are not the same quality as the full size MAC brushes. Based on my experience (and reading the reviews online), this is generally true about most travel sized brushes. However, the smaller brushes are awesome for carrying in a purse.

Popular Makeup Brushes