MAC Cosmetics Hello Kitty Brush Set

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
MAC Cosmetics Hello Kitty Brush Set
Hello Kitty Brush SetHello Kitty Brush Set

3.1

Like everyone else says, the brush holder is very cute but I hate these brushes. I am okay with MAC brushes, but any of their brushes that come in a set are always trash to me. The brushes shed like no other, metal part is loosely attached to the handle, and the bristles are pretty rough. I would've been better off going to the Sanrio and buying some cups to hold my brushes.

on 10/14/2009 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I'm huge a Hello Kitty fan so I bought it for the sole purpose of the adorable container, the brushes were more of a bonus. The 239 is rough and scratchy, the 109 I like buts its kinda stiff and the 187 is alright- kinda flimsy. I gave it 4 lippies because the cuteness of the Hello Kitty container makes up for the sucki-ness of the brushes LOL!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i really like the hello kitty cup container. the brushes are ok. my favorite is the 239. the 187 and 109 bleed black when i was them. i am really disapointed b/c of that.

So this set comes with the
#187SE
#109SE
#239SE
yes, $50 is a great deal for three brushes that would cost $98.50 in regular sized brushes. but BUYERS BEWARE: all MAC SE brushes or brushes that come in sets are factory made, not hand made like the rest of the regular brushes. This lower's the quality alot and makes them shed alot easier and loose shape and are more prone to breaking (like the handle from the brush) if it's a brush to use everyday. They are still good, but if you have other MAC brushes, don't expect them to be the same quality.

on 2/21/2009 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I recently got my Hello Kitty brush set. It comes in really cute packaging and the brushes have short black handles with a cute hello kitty logo.

The set comes with the smaller version of the #187 #239 and #109 brush. I like how mac took three of their top brushes and put them into one set.

The quality of these brushes are good, but not as great as the full size brushes. The bristles of these brushes are soft and it doesn't shed, however the bristles on the #239 brush are rather stiff.

MAC's brushes are made out of goat hair, and when I got this Hello Kitty brush set, I smelled the bristles and to my surprise it smelled like goat! I would know because I grew up on a farm.

The brushes comes with a cute head-cup of Hello Kitty and it looks so adorable on my vanity table! However, my wallet doesn't look so adorable anymore- this brush set was expensive!

I really love this brush set!

horrible quality compared to the full size brushes. ive bought the SE sets in the past (heirlooms set) and the 187 in that set was WAYYY better. still not as good as my full size but alot better. only thing good about this set is the cute cup.

on 2/16/2009 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

i love the hello kitty cup. it's so cute. i think these brushes are okay but these are my first mac brushes

on 2/16/2009 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I was skeptical of this since I usually don't like their SE brushes that come in their holiday sets. I purchased this anyways for the cute cup and was suprised that I didn't hate the brushes. The quality isn't as good as the full sized hand made ones, however, I tried all three yesterday and today and love them! They apply makeup just fine. They aren't scratchy or irritating to the skin. Ended up hunting 3 more brush sets down to send to my sister and 2 of my friends I know would love it. Cup is pretty hefty/sturdy too. It's a lot heavier than I expected for a plastic cup.

I am a HK fanatic and I was debating on whether to get this brush set. I already owned a 187 full size brush but I did want the 239 brush. I went ahead and purchased the brush set because I loved the adorable cup holder shaped like Hello Kitty's face. Also for 49.50 you get 3 brushes which is a good deal. I read a lot of negative reviews which was very odd. The brush holder cup is very sturdy and it is large enough to hold all of my brushes. Also the brushes that came with the set were very soft and durable. I purchased my brush kit from the MAC Pro store in downtown Chicago. I don't know if there are a bad batch of HK brush sets being sold but I can tell you I am truly satisfied with mine.

on 2/15/2009 12:55:00 PM

I expected these brushes to be similar to the SE Brush sets that I bought during the holidays but they aren't. The 187 isn't as good as the SE brush and is no where near the full set one. Its not something I could every use for foundation because it is so flimsy. The 109 is tiny tiny tiny. IMO its basically useless. And the 239 is so stiff and scratchy that i don't even want it anywhere near my eye. The one good thing about this is the cup, but that alone isn't worth the price of the set, so i had to return it. I honestly wouldn't even bother to use these when I'm only traveling.

Popular Makeup Brushes