MAC Cosmetics Hello Kitty Brush Set

MAC Cosmetics Hello Kitty Brush Set
Hello Kitty Brush SetHello Kitty Brush Set

3.8

on 7/13/2009 1:47:00 AM

I actually bought my set on Ebay--that's how much I wanted it! I don't even want to tell you how much I paid for it...I almost regret it but I love the brush cup sooo much, I keep all my brushes in it and I think it looks adorable on my counter. I would say the brushes are pretty average so I would only recommend buying this if you're a huge HK and MAC fan--like me!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I purchased this set for the collectible aspect, so I can't say anything about the brush quality (nor have I ever owned another MAC brush to compare to) I can say the cup itself is definitely a good heavy plastic. Is it worth the $50 price tag? I don't know if it would be to non-collectors, but it sure was to me!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I was eyeing this set months before it was released. I really wanted the 187 since I never owned one before. With that said, I cant compare the HK 187 with a regular one.

I love the set. The 187 works very well with my mineral makeup. The 109 - I know is used for contouring but I use it to blend my eyeshadows. The 239 is my second one because I bought the Holiday Set too - and the HK seems to be more dense than the Holiday one. Maybe its just me. Theres nothing wrong with having two of the same eyeshadow brushes.

I havent washed my brushes yet so I guess I'll edit this and see if I too get a "bleeding."

The cup. By plastic, its not cheap plastic by all means. It feels like ceramic. Its super cute - and it wont glide on your dress/table top because its covered with felt on the bottom.

I would say for the retail price is worth the set. If you love the regular 187, by all means - Get it. As amateur as I am with makeup - I'm 100% satisfied with this.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I gave one lippy for the cute cup but this Hello Crappy makeup brush set doesn't deserve a better rap than that because nobody in their right minds would buy this just for the cup alone....surely? The brushes feel stiff and the transfer of makeup is just plain poor. Had I just bought this without seeing it first I would have given it straight to my 8 year old daughter!

This whole collection is rather childish and gimmicky. continued >>

on 2/13/2009 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Don't believe all the negative hype!
This brush set is NOT THAT bad.
People who haven't even gotten it yet are writing negative reviews for it...WTH?
I am one of the few who bought this set for the actual brushes.
Maybe I got a good batch- my 187 is not "blue-tinged".
I don't find any of them "horrible" or "scratchy". The quality is definitely not as good as the regular sized brushes, but they are still useful! They still work. They are great for travel.
The little brush holder is good for holding all my mini brushes and mascaras.
I took off one lippie for the price. It cost me $58 CAD plus tax, and in my opinion it is not worth that much. I don't recommend getting this unless you like mini sized brushes.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't get all the hate for this set. Yes, the brushes aren't as amazing quality as the full size ones, but they are a lot cheaper, and therefore more cheaply made. They are not terrible or scratchy, in my opinion, and are the perfect size for throwing in your makeup bag in your purse or for traveling. Plus, all three brushes are good ones I will use a lot.

Popular Makeup Brushes