MAC Cosmetics Hello Kitty Brush Set

Filtered by hair type : Other
MAC Cosmetics Hello Kitty Brush Set
Hello Kitty Brush SetHello Kitty Brush Set

2.8

I bought this brush set because of the cup, it was just too adorable. The brushes however, are horrible. While I think it's a good basic set, particularly for traveling, the quality does not compare to the full size brushes. My 187SE sheds and bleeds dye. It STILL sheds and bleeds dye! The 239SE is scratchy. The only brush I liked in the set was the 109SE (although it bleeds dye every time I wash it), even though it is useless for contouring, it was useful in blending eyeshadow.

on 3/30/2009 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

i hate these brushes so much!!!!!!!! This the 1st time ive ever brought brushes in a set and it will never happen again. they bleed and the eye brush is so rough it hurts!! i love mac brushes but this set is worst than a cheap drugstore set!!! DO NOT BUY

I think the cup is very cute. It's great for my shorter brushes and I've seen it used as a lipstick holder too. The brushes are okay. I use them for overnight use to stash in my bag. The 239 has a side that scratches my lids. The others are okay, but I'm not that excited over the whole thing!

So this set comes with the
#187SE
#109SE
#239SE
yes, $50 is a great deal for three brushes that would cost $98.50 in regular sized brushes. but BUYERS BEWARE: all MAC SE brushes or brushes that come in sets are factory made, not hand made like the rest of the regular brushes. This lower's the quality alot and makes them shed alot easier and loose shape and are more prone to breaking (like the handle from the brush) if it's a brush to use everyday. They are still good, but if you have other MAC brushes, don't expect them to be the same quality.

I've been wanting the MAC 109 brush for a while... And I'm a huge Hello Kitty fan so, when I found out that MAC was including the 109 brush with the Hello Kitty set I was sold. I'm not as happy as I thought I would be. The 109 brush I had been longing for sheds like crazy even after being washed and conditioned and was full of dye. I was so sad! I like the 239 brush a lot and the 187 brush is fine too. When I think back on it... I wish I would have just bought the 109 brush by it's self.

horrible quality compared to the full size brushes. ive bought the SE sets in the past (heirlooms set) and the 187 in that set was WAYYY better. still not as good as my full size but alot better. only thing good about this set is the cute cup.

on 2/16/2009 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I was skeptical of this since I usually don't like their SE brushes that come in their holiday sets. I purchased this anyways for the cute cup and was suprised that I didn't hate the brushes. The quality isn't as good as the full sized hand made ones, however, I tried all three yesterday and today and love them! They apply makeup just fine. They aren't scratchy or irritating to the skin. Ended up hunting 3 more brush sets down to send to my sister and 2 of my friends I know would love it. Cup is pretty hefty/sturdy too. It's a lot heavier than I expected for a plastic cup.

on 2/16/2009 6:28:00 PM

I gave in and bought this after seeing it at the MAC store. I have read some negative things about the brushes. But I thought they were nice and easy to travel with because of their size. Granted..Im not a MAC brush person. Most of my brushes are Smashbox,BE, Michael Maron and Aloette. So its possible that for MAC they arent the best. But I like em. I think Im going to use the HK cup on my desk to hold pens and pencils. Since I keep my brushes in my makeup bag. Im glad got one of these sets.

on 2/12/2009 12:20:00 AM

I would give this a 3.5 because the quality of the brushes is not spectacular and you only get 3, where you get 5 in other brush sets from Mac. I think this is more of a novalty item for the Hello Kitty or Mac collector. The brushes are NOT made as well as the full sized. The 109 brush is like half the size of the full sized brush. The brush holder is shaped like Hello Kitty's head and is super cute and very sturdy, made of heavy plastic. I think these brushes would be great for on the go touch ups or travel.

Popular Makeup Brushes