MAC Cosmetics Hello Kitty Brush Set

Hello Kitty Brush SetHello Kitty Brush Set

4.5

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I was eyeing this set months before it was released. I really wanted the 187 since I never owned one before. With that said, I cant compare the HK 187 with a regular one.

I love the set. The 187 works very well with my mineral makeup. The 109 - I know is used for contouring but I use it to blend my eyeshadows. The 239 is my second one because I bought the Holiday Set too - and the HK seems to be more dense than the Holiday one. Maybe its just me. Theres nothing wrong with having two of the same eyeshadow brushes.

I havent washed my brushes yet so I guess I'll edit this and see if I too get a "bleeding."

The cup. By plastic, its not cheap plastic by all means. It feels like ceramic. Its super cute - and it wont glide on your dress/table top because its covered with felt on the bottom.

I would say for the retail price is worth the set. If you love the regular 187, by all means - Get it. As amateur as I am with makeup - I'm 100% satisfied with this.

on 2/13/2009 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I'm not really a Hello Kitty fanatic but I saw this and I wanted to buy it for the brushes. I have never owned any SE brushes but I do own the full sized brushes which are in the set. I bought these because I would like to use them for travel. I do agree that they are on the expensive side, bought mine for about $49.50, but overall I don't regret it. Mine are not scratchy at all. As soon as I received them I washed them and laid them out to dry. I have already used them a number of times and they seem to be working fine.

Popular Makeup Brushes