MAC Cosmetics Hello Kitty Brush Set

MAC Cosmetics Hello Kitty Brush Set
Hello Kitty Brush SetHello Kitty Brush Set

2.9

on 7/13/2009 1:47:00 AM

I actually bought my set on Ebay--that's how much I wanted it! I don't even want to tell you how much I paid for it...I almost regret it but I love the brush cup sooo much, I keep all my brushes in it and I think it looks adorable on my counter. I would say the brushes are pretty average so I would only recommend buying this if you're a huge HK and MAC fan--like me!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I just tried out these brushes today after receiving them a couple weeks ago. If you're thinking about buying this set soley for the brushes.. I wouldn't. But the 187 isn't too bad. It's pretty soft. I use it to apply blush and it works fairly well. However I loveee the cup it comes in, it's so cute =) I use it to keep all my eyeliners/shadesticks/mascara/lipliners/etc.

This is the 3rd brush set I have purchased and by far the worste!! I bought this set and was very disappointed by the quality of the brushes. There was an awful odor to them- like wet goat that would not wash out, but the dye that did come out was more than I've EVER seen come from a brush. I washed these 4 times before I gave up and returned them. I would call this my worst purchase from Mac :(

on 3/14/2009 1:51:00 PM

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

Anyone out there that feels they HAVE 2 have this SAVE UR $$$ & BUY SOMETHING ELSE! It's really a complete waste of $$$. The 109 quality is like a brush that comes with a really cheap drugstore blush (& I have the regular 109 brush & LUV LUV LUV it, so anyone who got this for that brush, it is not even close to the same). Everytime u wash the 187 it's like a river of blue dye & the 239 is all jagged & uneven. When the collection came out I bought 2 thinking it was gonna be great. I sent back one & kept the other. The cup is cute, but it's just a plastic cup. Not worth $50 @ all.

I've been wanting the MAC 109 brush for a while... And I'm a huge Hello Kitty fan so, when I found out that MAC was including the 109 brush with the Hello Kitty set I was sold. I'm not as happy as I thought I would be. The 109 brush I had been longing for sheds like crazy even after being washed and conditioned and was full of dye. I was so sad! I like the 239 brush a lot and the 187 brush is fine too. When I think back on it... I wish I would have just bought the 109 brush by it's self.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I purchased this set for the collectible aspect, so I can't say anything about the brush quality (nor have I ever owned another MAC brush to compare to) I can say the cup itself is definitely a good heavy plastic. Is it worth the $50 price tag? I don't know if it would be to non-collectors, but it sure was to me!

on 2/13/2009 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Don't believe all the negative hype!
This brush set is NOT THAT bad.
People who haven't even gotten it yet are writing negative reviews for it...WTH?
I am one of the few who bought this set for the actual brushes.
Maybe I got a good batch- my 187 is not "blue-tinged".
I don't find any of them "horrible" or "scratchy". The quality is definitely not as good as the regular sized brushes, but they are still useful! They still work. They are great for travel.
The little brush holder is good for holding all my mini brushes and mascaras.
I took off one lippie for the price. It cost me $58 CAD plus tax, and in my opinion it is not worth that much. I don't recommend getting this unless you like mini sized brushes.

on 2/13/2009 9:27:00 AM

It's not THAT bad.

Hello Kitty holder is great, it holds my full sized ones with no problem.

The brushes are alright. If you're a beginner and starting out with brushes, I recommend getting this instead to play around with the brushes and then upgrading yourself to the full sized ones lolz :)

But I loveeeee the handles...but that's just my opinion (it's easier to clean plastic than wood haha)

on 2/13/2009 7:59:00 AM

I didn't buy this product but I couldn't stand not giving my peice for this product. The brush holder is of high quality but the brushes especially the 187se was extremely flimsy and abrasive. The other two eye brushes were highly abrasive even when applying a cream based product. The brush holder itself is made of high quality grade polished plastic and is very thick so it won't break easily. It also has a velet base so you won't have to worry about your brush handles getting scratched or smashed up.

on 2/13/2009 1:29:00 AM

Well, I didn't get this brush set. but I did check it out in MAC store.

The brush holder is so freaking cute!!!! And it comes with 3 small brushes. I almost got the set because of the holder, but the brushes are crap! (the small brushes from other MAC brush sets are usually not as good as the regular brushes, but they're not crappy). The smaller version of 187 is nothing compare to the regular size 187. The other face brush, i have no idea what number it is, but it is crap also, because of the fact that it's so small for apply powder or blush...., anything, pretty much useless I think. The small version of 239 in my opinion is the best brush from this set, is pretty much the same quality as other small brushes from MAC brush set.

If you actually want some good brushes, you won't want to get this, because the quality of the three brushes is nothing compare to the full size ones, it doesn't worse the price of it. But if you're getting it because the brush holder is so cute (it really is), then I have nothing to say....

Popular Makeup Brushes